• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Master
    I did answer that question a while back. Because the use of force, including deadly force, is ALWAYS on the table whenever LEO's are doing anything.

When I wrote that, your response was that it didn't need to be in there because it was common sense to respond in self-defense or the defense of others. We reached in impasse on that topic.

If LEO's are met with deadly force resistance then they can respond with deadly force of their own. It doesn't matter if it's over paperwork, a traffic stop for a taillight out, or getting a cat out of a tree. The reason LEO's are there is not the sole determining factor for uses of force, it's how others act.

If they show up to get the paperwork and someone starts shooting then they can shoot back. Like you said, common sense. They just decided to put that fact in the warrant and it seems to really have you wrapped up.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    I did answer that question a while back. Because the use of force, including deadly force, is ALWAYS on the table whenever LEO's are doing anything.

When I wrote that, your response was that it didn't need to be in there because it was common sense to respond in self-defense or the defense of others. We reached in impasse on that topic.

If LEO's are met with deadly force resistance then they can respond with deadly force of their own. It doesn't matter if it's over paperwork, a traffic stop for a taillight out, or getting a cat out of a tree. The reason LEO's are there is not the sole determining factor for uses of force, it's how others act.

If they show up to get the paperwork and someone starts shooting then they can shoot back. Like you said, common sense. They just decided to put that fact in the warrant and it seems to really have you wrapped up.

We agree that self-defense is a Right. For all sides. It should be expected. That’s one reason why war is hell: no matter who’s correct, both sides will initially defend themselves, and people will get hurt.
    I agree that LEO have a shit-sandwich on the menu all the time, and they never know when it will get served. God Bless ‘em for their service.

I’m not arguing whether or not deadly force is on the table. It’s ALWAYS on the table for EVERYONE (civilians, military, etc).
    My point is that perhaps, just maybe, for serving a warrant to retrieve paperwork from the former POTUS, the “in writing” clowns actually put some forethought into that warrant and DE-escalate as much as possible BEFOREhand. Perhaps the “no big deal” attitude of signing warrants should‘ve been more deliberate and actually had realistic verbiage such as “the paperwork isn’t worth killing someone, ESPECIALLY the former POTUS“ blah blah blah.

Trump wasn’t there. Got it. Probably a non-negotiable item from the Secret Service. In their shoes, they don‘t want armed adversaries around the POTUS, regardless of the uniform.

Perhaps the folks defending that warrant verbiage are too comfortable with deadly force as SOP “part of the job”.
    The mentality that “well, if they don't listen to me, then I can ratchet it higher, one step or more up the ladder, until they do what I say, all the way to deadly force, if necessary.” Regardless of WHY they were there in the first place.

I’m not the only one who is “wrapped up” about that disturbing trend.

ABlaster

Master
    It's not "killing someone over paperwork." That's a gross oversimplification designed specifically to emotionally manipulate people who don't know better.

I've explained it the best way I know how and it doesn't seem to be getting through so this is the "agree to disagree" moment for me.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Ok.
    If they went to serve the warrant and the people at Mar-A-Lago resisted, how far would the agents go?

Is there a limit to the “enforcement” efforts? Or since it’s acceptable to go up to and including deadly force, the agents would “enforce” the warrant using whatever means necessary?

Is there a circumstance or scenario where the agents are limited?

.22 cents

Master
    Whybwas the news media there before the warrant was served. Nothing suspicious there?
    For the same reason the common man thinks he knows all the details of war and political circus, Social engineering. Glad someone is asking critical questions.

tros6t

Marksman
    Had the power but due to ineptitude failed to follow procedure and didn’t actually do it. The President just can say I said therefore it is.
    Did you hear that the Feds came in and slapped classified labels on everything? They wouldn’t cheat?

tros6t

Marksman
    I should be obvious by now that the corruption is throughout the entire system with many of the Republicans at least are very aware but doing nothing about it! But make no mistake, the entire Democrat establishment is completely corrupt from top to bottom! And while many Republicans are complicit, they are still some helping hold back the tide! If or when the Democrats get full control, it is over! Also, we all have at right to our own opinions as well as the right to be wrong!

Southalabama

Master
    Did you hear that the Feds came in and slapped classified labels on everything? They wouldn’t cheat?
    Heard something last week there was some Obama era directive that copies of any materials were logged by some Defense Department office so they knew exactly what should be there. First of that I’d heard and we four years into the mess.
    Had just scanned article. Life’s too busy to get to far off into the weeds

Latest posts

Top Bottom