• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    I have found cameras on my land a couple of times. I just removed them .

ccc

Master
    Our lease in Jay has some members that live across the street so there are members there ALL THE TIME, and some staying in campers there, we never have any problems with any of our stuff growing legs. At any moment if you stray onto our land you very well might meet a armed member riding around

jettjon

Expert
    Speaking of game cams, I had one that died on me so I placed it in really obvious location low to the ground with another one higher up pointing at it. Sure enough someone stole it. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the thieves. But I did have a good laugh thinking that they risked going to jail over a broken camera....

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    I got a coworker that has done that with old cameras after he’s had one stolen, said he put new cellular camera up high in tree like you did pointing at the dummy camera , don’t know that he’s caught anyone yet, but it’s a great idea.

Deersniper270

Master
    Had a trail cam stolen on public 1300 yards from parking area and off the main trail. Lucky that’s only been it. I know it’s public and a risk but still not cool

Carbine Gypsy

Shooter
    Just curious of the stories to be told of stuff you’ve had stolen on your hunting property or things stolen that belonged to your friends. Personally over the years I’ve had one brand new Cougar Claw climber stolen off of a tree, had it locked up, only sat in it one time before it walked off. Had 3 ladder stands to disappear. And had a nice mobile shooting house in a clear cut intentionally set on fire and burned up. Never had a camera stolen yet, several of my buddies on our lease have had their cameras stolen. About 35 years ago when I was hunting in another county north of me, my brother heard some racket and he got down and walked back to his Chevy Blazer and two guys was unloading his 4 wheeler, he hollered at them and shot over their head, they didn’t get his 4 wheeler but took his straps, and buddy that hunted with us on that property had 2 guns stolen out of his truck. We are a vulnerable easy target to low life scum bags when leaving our vehicles parked out by the road in rural areas.
    As a newbie here to this site, first Id like to say hello. 2nd., there is not much lower than a thief. To have something that you work for, and pay good money for just get taken by someone with little or no regard or scruples....just boggles the mind. As an Ohio native, my dad used to take us rabbit hunting on land owned by the Amish. Was a pretty good setup. Usually would slip them a few bucks for the pleasure, and buy a few dozen eggs or maybe a tool or something to keep up relations. In camping and using land for hunting, mydad always taught us to leave the area as good as or better than you found it. Policing up any trash, spent shells, etc. This was in the mid 70's to 80's.

Then the thievery, destruction of property, and who knows what manner of hijinks started. One of the last times I can remember him asking for permission for hunting on Amish land , was apparently after one such incident. "Morning sir, you mind if we hunt today?..." "no"..."..whats that sir I cant hear you?"..."HELL NOO! I said!" Picture this, an older Amish grandpa, white hair and beard, outside in the barn working on whatever project, bellowing out a "HELL NO!" Man, what mustve happened to make a peaceful people respond in that manner smh.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    So, the Amish man didn’t mind. You could’ve gone hunting.

“Do you mind?”
    “No.”
    “Thank you!”

Just kidding... I know that tone and body language is the tie-breaker for ambivalent wordplay, and I wasn’t there.

Sucks that the actions of a few ruin it for the rest. :/

Top Bottom