• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is ammo coming back? Haven't been really looking but on our weekly Walmart trip I usually cruise by the ammo counter to see about 3 boxes of some obscure round I've never seen before. Are folks just buying it the second it arrives?

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have seen alot more 9mm at academy lately pretty much same price as before. Everywhere online has it at ridiculous prices.

I not paying as much attention to 223/5.56 as I am not buying any.

I still can not find any fusion 308 in 165 grain. If anyone has some to trade for fusion 150 grain let me know.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most everything is showing back up more and more, still haven't seen much in the way of .22LR though.

tiberius

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ammo is coming back in some places. Academy in Pensacola has kept a pretty decent stock of .223 for the last few weeks. 7.62x39 has had spotty availability. I don't shoot it myself, but I haven't seen much .40 around (then again, I haven't really been looking, so who knows). It looks like 9mm (brass, anyway) and .22LR are going to continue to be the hardest ones to get a hold of for a while. Their "3 boxes of ammo, no more than one box per caliber" policy is kind of lame, but they're not gouging. Sounds like most of us were pretty well stocked before the latest panic anyway, so it's not a big deal.

I would actually be interested to see whether or not the lack of availability of common calibers has spurred sales of guns in rarer chamberings like .357 SIG (ammo for which is plentiful at Academy, btw).

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Retail market: Basic AR's are back at the $700 mark. Glocks are also back to $499. High Points are still $35 higher then norm. AK variants are still 30% higher. High cap mags AR back to $12-15. High cap pistol mags are still high. Retail ammo is still slightly high but available. The formerly obscure and neglected .22LR is still hard to find in large quantity from retailers at reasonable prices. Three cents and up is not reasonable for plinking ammo. I have seen 5.45X39 cheaper per round then most .22LR.

Secondary (resale) market is still "asking" higher then retail prices on firearms and ammo. IMHO

Shley65

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Patience is finally starting to pay off for me . Just got in a goodie package in the mail - 3 Ruger FACTORY 20 rd and 1 5 rd magazine for my Mini all for $115 ! Just checked E-bay and some sellers are trying to get dumb amounts for aftermarket magazines . It is starting to get better out there , just gotta wait for the deals !

BTW, that was with free shipping too ! Thanks CDNN !

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just a thought/advice/(whatever you want to call it)

As things come back to normal it may behoove you to remember the last six months, if you didn't remember the election, or the election before that.

Get what you want when the rest of the country isn't doing the same thing. If the same people are bitching next time this situation occurs... who's fault is that? The "gougers"?

I'd be willing to bet this will happen again. Plan ahead. The web is coughing up some good deals, take advantage.

FWIW

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nate, I agree and spare part are really coming down now. I intend to have a spare everything for my AR's...I wonder if the place w the storage room I rented wants to know what is inside?? LOL all secured with an alarm and all!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom