• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Haven't given my son the TH40c, next week. Grandson loves the TS9. I broke down and bid/won another for $185 but in gray, it will be here tomorrow!

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Well I guess I'm committed?
    Ordered another case of 9mm, 2 more magazines, four +3 extensions, holster and 2 SS striker guides. Hoping to replace my Hi power as my truck pistol! I'm pretty stoked about how robust these seem for the price, it's built with a lot of Wilhelm Bubits designed patents and is a pretty close clone of his BB6.
    I did get the warranty registered, my grandson was supposed to do so as well. We shall see...
    1000001516.jpg

I'm not trying to sway any Taurus haters, just sharing my experience. I'll try and get my grandson to come shoot and give a range report, maybe this weekend...

Attachments

• IMG_20240703_092518106_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20240703_092518106_HDR.jpg
      3.7 MB · Views: 15

mrjenkins

Shooter
    Grandson turns 21 next birthday and I'm gonna give him a pistol. Personally I'm not a striker fired guy, but he might like them. I don't want to buy him a compact, I feel like a full size is more conducive for learning fundamentals. I learned the hard way about buying a nice pistol as a 1st for my son, much like buying your 16 year old a nice new 1st car.
    So with all that, I'm down to either a Taurus G3 or a TH9. I want it to be new. They'll end up with my HKs, when they pry them from my dead cold hands, and I'm not dead yet, lol
    Anyone have either? Looking at reviews they're reliable, and the only real complaints are the triggers aren't the greatest.
    Maybe try a milsurp. Alot can be had for 300 to 500$ also I'm a 1911 guy. Get him a tisas 1911 with no frills.

mrjenkins

Shooter
    I'm rather fond of Taurus. Love my Judge(s) and the G3's in one iteration or another accompanied me in my trips to NYC. They went bang every time.
    I've had a couple Taurus revolvers. They were nice. However their semi auto line I've had nothing but bad. Jam-o-matics and break easy.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Over the years I had a sweet SS PT92, PT22 (ex still has that one) Raging bull, and a PT745. I bought a 856 ultra-lite for a nightstand gun a couple of years ago. And just bought my grandson a TS9, my son a TH40c, then picked up another TS9 for myself! I've never had a bad one either, knock on wood!

Recondo 101

Shooter
    Never buy something for you children or your wife you would not carry, to save your own adz.

Top Bottom