• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootist

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    damn they looked pretty good for being 150 years old lol ...i sometimes wonder if the old rich white guys that owned slaves and didn't wanna pay taxes had a little too much to drink at the tavern nights while writing " we the people......" .....ben f be like "this ought to jam them for a couple hundred years figuring out who exactly people are " lol
    The Colonist paid taxes for 150 years or so before the revolution but you know what I meant.

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    The Colonist paid taxes for 150 years or so before the revolution but you know what I meant.
    i think england was entitled a cut for their support ,imagine if england said no more supply ships ya want something bring your boat and english cash or goods to trade and raise your own army against indians ,french and mexico and spain . Dont get me wrong i love being a capitalist money grubbing pig and how it turned out for me but damn the founding fathers were not saints

Shootist

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    i think england was entitled a cut for their support ,imagine if england said no more supply ships ya want something bring your boat and english cash or goods to trade and raise your own army against indians ,french and mexico and spain . Dont get me wrong i love being a capitalist money grubbing pig and how it turned out for me but damn the founding fathers were not saints
    Until it turned around and the colonies became a major exporter of raw materials. No they weren't saints but compared to the political class today, they are damn close.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    Actually they paid taxes for 150years or so, it wasn't until they considered them repressive that they engaged in revolt.
    They didn't like paying taxes to a parliament they didn't elect.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    i don't like paying taxes to any one but they are necessary if you want somethings like roads ,military ,schools ,running clean water etc
    We've yet to figure out how best to spend that money.

Themumfordman

Master
    They didn't like paying taxes to a parliament they didn't elect.

It was a big part of it. England was actually losing money because the taxes they collected didn’t actually generate enough to govern the colonies. We weren’t exactly well behaved children…

The USA had a major issue for years after independence, because citizens actually paid way more in taxes after the revolution and it still was a challenge to manage the country with that revenue.

There were actually more than 2 dozen grievances they petitioned King George to address, only one of which was the “no taxation without representation” issue. A lot of it also had to do with quartering laws, trade restrictions and concerns about losing gun rights. Pretty much all the same stuff we fight our own government about now. And we get told that WE are a threat to democracy…

Shootist

Expert
    GCGF Supporter

Beached

Expert
    All wars are fought for the same reason MONEY. And all the talk about closing the border with walls is hype. Our government could stop illegal immigration easy make it a heavy fine and jail time to hire them and pass legislation that they can not collect a dime here no health care either. It would stop overnight.

Captuz

Shooter
    I think its because we have the greatest country on earth and people want to be here and live here, and I disagree that "its part of their plan," no, I think no one had a plan for the mass crossings
    Even when republicans are in office people cross the border illegally.
    Rush Limbaugh said it years ago. " The democrats need a permanent underclass to keep themselves in power". The democrats have decided to import the permanent underclass.

Top Bottom