• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Centermass556

Expert
    Do you understand the rebels in Syria (nersa?) and the ISIL are both al-Qaeda factions. The only difference is ISIL is Iraqi based and funded, is more of the wahabbi mindset, and is more brutal.
    Do you know the kingdom of Saudi is supporting the Syrian rebels? Do you know why? I will tell you. The KSA does not want two Shiite neighbors to the north. They view Shia as a perversion of Islam and dilutes of the faith. Do you know the largest Shia state in the region? It is Iran. Do you understand Iran is not an Arab country. It is Persian. Do you know who was just invited to talk at the peace talks... Iran.
    This is not going to end well. The KSA has unlimited amounts of money and FF to throw at this fight. The powers that be keep poking the lion that is KSA.

Do you know who hasn't said a word yet.. Jordan. And that should scare people. The royal family of Jordan carries a crap load of clout. Have you ever noticed Israel never messes with Jordan? There is a reason.

I don't mean to attack you, but really all your doing is following the lemmings to the cliff. You haven't shown Any analysis of self study in these misleading news clippings.

I really don't want to spend anymore time over there. I was extremely pleased the other day when I couldn't translate everything I heard on a YouTube clip like used to be able too... But all you are doing is swallowing and spreading propaganda.. And that is just as about as dangerous.

I would more than happy to actually have an intelligent dialog over this ..

CCHGN

Banned
    Syria rebels seize al-Qaida base in north

BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian rebels ousted an al-Qaida linked group from its local headquarters in a key northern city Wednesday, part of a widening campaign against the extremist group in opposition-held areas, activists said.

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and another al-Qaida linked group known as Jabhat al-Nusra, or Nusra Front, initially joined forces with moderate rebels fighting to oust President Bashar Assad in a conflict that began in March 2011 as a popular uprising but morphed into a civil war. The extremists proved well-organized and efficient fighters, giving the ragtag rebels a boost. But the Iraqi-based network began employing brutal tactics and trying to impose its strict interpretation of Islamic law, alienating other factions and leading to some of the worst infighting of the conflict

CCHGN

Banned
    .I would more than happy to actually have an intelligent dialog over this ..

well, you have your biased opinion and obviously it's different than mine, so now what? You say that I'm just spreading propaganda, so right now it's already a hostile situation. Just how do you see this going?

CCHGN

Banned
    Do you understand the rebels in Syria (nersa?) and the ISIL are both al-Qaeda factions.

OK, let's try the first sentence, which is wrong.

Before we get into this, let's put it in perspective. During our revolution, you could say that same,"Do you realize the rebels are British?" To which I'd reply, "so what, that doesn't matter, it's what's in their heart and what they want to do that matters."

The truth is, the Assad regime is Ba'ath, just like Sadam Hussein. Just like Hussein, Assad is a dictator and ruled with a iron fist. Just like Iraq, the UN declared sanctions on Assad. Unlike Iraq, we didn't go in.

The truth is, in 2011, Syrian students and young folks protested brutality and civil rights violations, etc and were arrested and beaten, etc. This led to an uprising by the general population, but really this was brewing for some time. Part of the Assad military and police broke off and joined the rebel movement. NONE of them were affiliated with al qaeda.

Hezbolla came into the war in 2013.

Let's start with that and see how that goes.

Centermass556

Expert
    How much do you know about the Middle east...other than what you have gained from the newspaper....BTW, the Syrian Rebels are also Al-Qaeda linked, but the initial byline of the story you posted above leads you think the Rebels might be the good guys.

You are intitled to your belief and whatever your choose to believe in...even if it it these news stories. But you are correct, my opinion of the news is extremely biased. Expecially when I see the Media use terms incorrectly to intice misguided opinions.

I don't think this is going to end well. KSA is already upset we (the US) left Iraq unfinished and in mostly Shia/Iranian hands. Anbar will always belong the Sunni, but the rest of the nation is lost to the other side. The US wanting/agreeing to bring Iran into the peace talks can be seen by KSA as our abandonment of them. They have already reached out to the Israelis for help. When you sit back and think about that...It is profound. You have an Muslium Arab powerhouse reaching out to the Jewish state of Israel. If that does not show you desperation...
    So why is the KSA reaching out to them? they can't mobilize the Saudi Army...While there army has a huge amount of top-of-the-toys, they are an army of princes and "second-heirs". So they want israel to jump into the fight on the fear that Iran is coming to their back door.

Al-qaeda, Taliban, Wahabbism are all extreme forms of Islam. But, they stick to the islamic values about as much as the KKK and other "Christian" extremist follow the word. But the real play for the Sunnis as a whole is the restoration as the Calphate.

I don't think it will go nuclear, but we haven't even come close to seeing what real blood shed is. This will either go to Shia Vs Sunni or Arab vs Persian....

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    OK, let's try the first sentence, which is wrong.

Before we get into this, let's put it in perspective. During our revolution, you could say that same,"Do you realize the rebels are British?" To which I'd reply, "so what, that doesn't matter, it's what's in their heart and what they want to do that matters."

The truth is, the Assad regime is Ba'ath, just like Sadam Hussein. Just like Hussein, Assad is a dictator and ruled with a iron fist. Just like Iraq, the UN declared sanctions on Assad. Unlike Iraq, we didn't go in.

The truth is, in 2011, Syrian students and young folks protested brutality and civil rights violations, etc and were arrested and beaten, etc. This led to an uprising by the general population, but really this was brewing for some time. Part of the Assad military and police broke off and joined the rebel movement. NONE of them were affiliated with al qaeda.

Hezbolla came into the war in 2013.

Let's start with that and see how that goes.

DUH, Hey Dude, no matter what you call them they are all radical Muslims that want to kill us and Israel...so who the F**K cares what happens other than they keep killing each other! Good grief, it is Soooo simple!

Centermass556

Expert
    Assad is not hte same flavor of Ba'ath as his father or Saddam. Not by far. I know he is at the top of the party, but I question how far he is willing to sit in those beliefs. He fired, killed, exiled a crap load of the Ba'athist leadership in the country recently....and started to get cozy with Iran. That is not a Ba'ath move.

In the revolutionary war, we were the rebels.

CCHGN

Banned
    Assad is not hte same flavor of Ba'ath as his father or Saddam. Not by far. I know he is at the top of the party, but I question how far he is willing to sit in those beliefs. He fired, killed, exiled a crap load of the Ba'athist leadership in the country recently....and started to get cozy with Iran. That is not a Ba'ath move.

Basheer is not the only one, the Assad family has ruled Syira for many, many years, so it's not just Assad, he's the figure head right now.

But see, we're not talking about assad's intentions, you made the statement that factions of the rebels were al qaeda( like that was supposed to mean something). We need to get that out of the way first. The fact is, al qaeda didn't come in until later and what I'm showing now is that they've overstayed their welcome and are being chased out of not only Syria, but Iraq and lebanon, too.

In the revolutionary war, we were the rebels.

well, the truth is, before and during the Revolutionary war, there wasn't any "WE", they were all subjects of the British Crown, period. The rebels were traitors to the Crown. Most Colonists were loyal to the British Crown. If it wasn't for France, et al, we'd still be subjects of the British Crown( it was a enemy of my enemy is my friend, deal- much like the Middle East now). There wasn't a "we" until Britain retreated and went home and "WE" ratified the Constitution.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Old Al isn't getting run out of anywhere.

CCHGN

Banned
    DUH, Hey Dude, no matter what you call them they are all radical Muslims that want to kill us and Israel...so who the F**K cares what happens other than they keep killing each other! Good grief, it is Soooo simple!

DUhhhm hey Dude, no they don't.

Snow Bird

Master
    1 town or out post is not the country. Even a state or whatever they call it over there isn't being run out of the fight.

CCHGN

Banned
    How much do you know about the Middle east... ..

Are you Syrian? Did you just come from there?
    I know what I know, from what I read from people who's over there and experts, living it and talking about what's going there, but see, you're not realizing that you're stepping right into "the zone" of why I hesitated to discuss this.

In just the second volley, you're going after me personally. You said this would be intelligent, but I guess you didn't say mature. FYI, discuss the subject, not the the person. Btw, don't feel bad, if you can do this, you'll be the first one.

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    1 town or out post is not the country. Even a state or whatever they call it over there isn't being run out of the fight.

Didn't say it was, did I? You said that they won't be run out of anywhere, when they were yesterday.

The good news is, several countries are doing it at the same time, so there's a huge movement over there to contain al qaeda, et al( that means all others like them). They're "falling from grace" and being revealed as the terrorist group that it is..

CCHGN

Banned

Alleppo is a border town and they were chased out of the Country.

Snow Bird

Master
    And by the news reports(CBS) new people cross over every day to join in the fight WITH Al. Got to type quick as I am making cigs and watching TV at the same time. Do you ever get to watch the nightley news on TV as most of your posts seem to be from the internet. Not being smart Just asking.

Centermass556

Expert
    Basheer is not the only one, the Assad family has ruled Syira for many, many years, so it's not just Assad, he's the figure head right now.

But see, we're not talking about assad's intentions, you made the statement that factions of the rebels were al qaeda( like that was supposed to mean something). We need to get that out of the way first. The fact is, al qaeda didn't come in until later and what I'm showing now is that they've overstayed their welcome and are being chased out of not only Syria, but Iraq and lebanon, too.....

No the fact they are Al-Qaeda (AQ) is HUGE. And, they have been there from the start. And, AQ hasn't overstayed their welcome. (AQ) comes in many flavors, and AQ-Iraq or ISIL or ISIS or whatever they are calling themselves this week have their own agenda. Most all Al-qaeda factions are brutal and want power. They consume power under the guise of Spreading Islam by the Sword. Iraq has wanted for a very long time to annex Syria. Even before King Fasil and the actual forming of an "iraq". The AQ rebels in Syria want the ISIL rebels out because they don't want Iraq to have any claim to the goverment.

We are fighting Al-qaeda across the globe. Name a corner of the world, and we are fighting Al-qaeda there...Well not in South America, But CARC is pretty damn close in brutality. Muslim Brotherhood- AQ, Hamas -AQ funds, ISIL-AQ, Taliban - AQ support, Philipean militants - AQ, Muslim factions we were fighting in the Balkans - AQ.

If we haven't learned anything from Afghanistan over the past 30 years, we should have learned how to watch for the end game. So, it is extremely important that multiple AQ factions are there and they are fighting against someone.

Back to Assad, Yup his family has been the "royality" of Syria for many years. But the Ba'athist of Syria are not the same as Iraq. saying they are the same is about like saying a Southern Democrat of 1950 is the same the New York Democrat of 2000. And here is the history behind it. The Ba'ath party started in SYRIA...It was an idea for the Party to uniify all the arab countries into one Arab state. Much how KSA and the ottomans ruled in times past. In fact Ba'ath, in Arabic, means "resurrection". At one time, the party had a Unallateral agreement with Egypt that was slowly morphing into a single state. But went to hell when the Syrians made an overt play for the government seat in Egypt. SO...Being as if Assad is heir to one of the founding fathers of the Ba'ath party, why is he in cahoots with Persians? That is a huge question, Arab heritage trumps Muslim beleifs.

So it is all very important. It is extremely important as to who the rebels are, who they are supported by, and WHY. And it is extremely important as to why Assad wants help from Iran and not Baharain? Bahrain is a Shia state. He could seek help from Lebanon, but we already know that Iran is pulling the strings of the Hezbollah...

Centermass556

Expert
    Are you Syrian? Did you just come from there?
    I know what I know, from what I read from people who's over there and experts, living it and talking about what's going there, but see, you're not realizing that you're stepping right into "the zone" of why I hesitated to discuss this.

In just the second volley, you're going after me personally. You said this would be intelligent, but I guess you didn't say mature. FYI, discuss the subject, not the the person. Btw, don't feel bad, if you can do this, you'll be the first one.

Didn't mean to come after you personally...If you want to continue this in Arabic we can...Though I don't read it as quick as I used to.

CCHGN

Banned
    Didn't mean to come after you personally...If you want to continue this in Arabic we can...Though I don't read it as quick as I used to.

Well, we're getting nowhere and the fact that you may or may not speak Arabic means nothing to me. I can speak German and Japanese, but that makes me no expert on their inner workings or future plans. I'd have to read the analyses of experts who have been and are studying about it. Same with the Middle East. Also, I'm a student of history, so that gives some insight, but enough about me, a new generation is coming of age that wants democracy and liberty and things are achanging. These are historic times we live in.

Top Bottom