• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    Syrian troops retake Christian town from jihadis

DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) — Syrian government forces retook a Christian town north of Damascus on Monday after a week of fierce clashes with al-Qaida-linked fighters who had recently captured key parts of it, state media said.

The state-run SANA news agency said the army "restored security and stability" to the town of Sadad, 120 kilometers (75 mile) north of Damascus, early on Monday.

It said "a large number of terrorists" were killed and their weapons seized, adding that the army dismantled scores of roadside bombs planted by gunmen around the Christian town.

Good news for Christians

bayonet_53

Expert
    W G A S..I'll help you out. Who gives a... we'll you can figure out the rest.

It takes less energy to ignore, than to post.( btw, who's this "we", you still think yer speaking for everyone?)

Yet you still responded?

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    Thanks for swingin' by and troll on my thread. I guess Ian's post to play nice went right over your head, huh? Maybe you're special. Maybe he PM'd you and told you you didn't have to play nice. Maybe you just don't(as Marines say) GAF.

CCHGN

Banned
    Chemical weapons watchdog says Syria declared 41 facilities with 1,300 tons of chemicals

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e9db62-4030-11e3-b028-de922d7a3f47_story.html

UNITED NATIONS — The chief of the global chemical weapons watchdog says Syria has declared 41 facilities at 23 chemical sites where it stored approximately 1,300 tons of chemical precursors and agents and 1,230 unfilled munitions.

Ahmet Uzumcu said in his first report to the Security Council, obtained Monday by The Associated Press, that inspectors overseeing the destruction of Syria’s chemical weapons stockpile had corroborated information provided by Syria at 37 of the 41 facilities.

Moving right along.......

Idoono

Master
    W G A S..I'll help you out. Who gives a... we'll you can figure out the rest.

Thank you for this information. I was trying to figure out what kind of gas wgas was.:target:

BTW I am not sure if this is a thread or rant since 2/3's of the post are by the origionator.:peace:

Idoono

CCHGN

Banned
    Thank you for this information. I was trying to figure out what kind of gas wgas was.:target:

BTW I am not sure if this is a thread or rant since 2/3's of the post are by the origionator.:peace:

Idoono

well, a rant is more of alot of complaining about something. No one was complaining until Bayo-naise showed up.

This is a thread about the ongoing issue in Syria, an important and historic event, breaking a 60 yrs trend of just going in with a military strike for no apparent reason( to a few). In the past, all other dictators has made us go in in and get them. This one is significantly different.

The thing is, we're just one attack short of going in anyway, so it's a "sitting on a powder keg, flinging lit matches" thing.

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Thanks for swingin' by and troll on my thread. I guess Ian's post to play nice went right over your head, huh? Maybe you're special. Maybe he PM'd you and told you you didn't have to play nice. Maybe you just don't(as Marines say) GAF.

Nobody has my personal permission to be disrespectful or trash a thread. I think that the incessant arguing that has gone on in every Syria thread to date has been squelched, and that your new thread here has been trouble free in comparison. Lets not engage, and as you said... moving along.

If you want to keep posting news articles updating everyone on the goings on in Syria, I don't see the harm.

Viking1204

Master
    I for one appreciate the updates, it's good to see that it's actually happening. I agree with CCHGN, it's a ticking time bomb until they get all the chemical weapons in that country destroyed.

Snow Bird

Master
    Ian I am not stepping on anyones toes here. But what kind of attack are you talking about C before WE and not the UN going in. Chemical or someone on eather side droping a motar round close to the UN team that are so far destroying only Electrial Boxes.

Are you still looking forward to a ground war. I'm out for awhile. Need to read some more and ask some members about another 3 gun as now have a Red Dot mounted on the Riot Gun.

CCHGN

Banned
    Watchdog: Syria destroyed chemical arms equipment

BEIRUT (AP) — Syria has destroyed critical equipment for producing chemical weapons and poison gas munitions, the global chemical weapons watchdog said Thursday as fierce clashes raged in the country's north, close to one of the sites where toxic agents are believed to be stored.

The announcement by the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons came one day ahead of the Nov. 1 deadline set by The Hague-based organization for Damascus to destroy or "render inoperable" all chemical weapon production facilities and machinery for mixing chemicals into poison gas and filling munitions.

Moving right along.

CCHGN

Banned
    Right along side this:
    Assad tells envoy Syrians will decide on peace talks

Damascus (AFP) - President Bashar al-Assad insisted in a meeting with visiting UN-Arab League envoy Lakhdar Brahimi that Syrians alone will decide on the fate of an initiative for Geneva peace talks.

The encounter came a day after the Red Crescent evacuated hundreds of civilians from a besieged town near Damascus, in an operation that saw rare cooperation among the regime, its opponents and the international community.

Assad's view:
    The Syrian people are the only ones who have the right to decide on Syria's future," state media quoted Assad as telling Brahimi.

"Putting an end to support for the terrorists and pressuring the states that support them is the most important step to prepare... for dialogue," he said, using his regime's term for rebels.

"The success of any political solution is linked to putting an end to support funnelled to terrorist groups."

The Natl Coalition's view:
    The main opposition National Coalition has said it will refuse to take part in any talks unless Assad's resignation is on the table, and some rebel groups have warned participants will be considered traitors

Meanwhile:
    More than 115,000 people have been killed in the 31-month armed uprising against the Assad regime triggered by his forces' bloody crackdown on Arab Spring-inspired democracy protests. The war has also triggered a massive humanitarian crisis, with millions of people displaced internally and more than two million who fled the spiralling violence.

On Tuesday, some 800 women, children and elderly civilians were evacuated from Moadamiyet al-Sham, said Wassim al-Ahmad of the council in the town southwest of Damascus.

But Ahmad said around 6,000 civilians remained trapped.

Time marches on........

CCHGN

Banned
    Israel 'bombs' Syria as envoy presses peace talks bid

Damascus (AFP) - Israel has reportedly bombed a Syrian base to halt an arms shipment to Hezbollah, while the UN-Arab League envoy said Friday there could be no peace talks without the opposition.

The reported air strike on a military base in regime stronghold Latakia on Wednesday would be the first Israeli strike on Syria since a US-Russian accord on chemical weapons averted punitive US military action last month.

Huh, and folks said it couldn't be done.

CCHGN

Banned
    Chemical weapons watchdog verifies previously inaccessible Syrian site

http://news.yahoo.com/chemical-weap...sible-syrian-document-080023049--finance.html

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Global chemical weapons watchdog inspectors using footage from sealed cameras have verified one of two remaining sites declared by Syria, the organization said on Thursday.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which is charged with overseeing the destruction of Syria's chemical weapons stockpile, had already verified 21 out of 23 sites declared to the agency last month.

Two sites were considered too dangerous to reach.

A delegation of Syrian officials on Wednesday began talks in The Hague, where the OPCW is headquartered, to work out a detailed destruction plan by November 15.

Looks like they're trying to get this done ASAP.

CCHGN

Banned
    Syria Army retakes town near Damascus from Rebels

Damascus (AFP) - Syrian troops backed by Lebanese Hezbollah fighters and other pro-regime militiamen retook a major rebel enclave south of Damascus on Thursday, severing a key opposition supply line....The regime's recapture of Sbeineh comes nine days into a campaign aimed at cutting off one of the main rebel supply lines into southern Damascus, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights....Rebels in southern Damascus have now had practically all their supply routes cut off," said Observatory chief Rami Abdel Rahman......
    The fate of President Bashar al-Assad is crucial to the opposition which has insisted that his resignation be on the negotiating table -- a demand rejected by Damascus.

Updating current events.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Putin beat obama and nothing is getting done, syria did not get bombed, the govt is still killing as much as it was, the rebels for the most part are terrorists. Just a mess and believe me, anyone that wants to use the chemicals that are there can and there are plenty still hidden.

Top Bottom