HD Tactical

Survey: Bump in the night. What do you grab?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I may be rethinking my own plan, just curious about how other folks are set up. Keeping in mind that we all likely have different choices depending on skill, preference, location, layout, cohabitants, and budget.
    So, what do you grab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock 22 in 40cal and a hand held stream light. Or my 1911. Both I trust 100%. But my three labs are the best defense out of everything. They will send anyone running unless they get the OK from my girlfriend or I.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Glock 22 in 40cal and a hand held stream light. Or my 1911. Both I trust 100%. But my three labs are the best defense out of everything. They will send anyone running unless they get the OK from my girlfriend or I.

What 1911? (sorry, had to ask, it's a sickness really)

Agree about the dogs, my wife's toy poodle is also known as the midnight menace around here. Obnoxious but potentially very useful.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, first I grab my double barrel loaded with wads only and fire two warning shots out my window "cant use any shot since there are other houses around". Then I quickly run through the house turning on all the lights so I can pick up any thing on the floor that the home invaders might trip over or slip on "don't need any lawsuits". Lastly I"ll ask the invader which of the 5 cars they don't want so I can get out of dodge.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, first I grab my double barrel loaded with wads only and fire two warning shots out my window "cant use any shot since there are other houses around". Then I quickly run through the house turning on all the lights so I can pick up any thing on the floor that the home invaders might trip over or slip on "don't need any lawsuits". Lastly I"ll ask the invader which of the 5 cars they don't want so I can get out of dodge.

Lol.
    I take it you've probably got an FAL.

bkitzel250

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 1911 is a RIA full size with a few upgrades. Not too fancy but never hiccuped in 500+ rounds. And snowbird I also have a chow-lab mix, she's still a pup (4 months) but is already very protective of my girlfriend and i and constantly wakes us up to let us know when our roommate gets home from work at 1am. Love her to death though sweet as can be.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Either one of these. My home is tight so compact firearms are preferred. I also like using 5.56 because it doesn't penetrate walls as much compared to handgun rounds and shotgun shells.

Glock 17 with a mounted Surefire X400. Soon I'll add a AAC Tirant can as well.

BCM AR-15 SBR with 11.5 barrel upper.

itsazonik

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i grab my XD 40 with a surefire on the bottom. i don't have to go far because if the akita isn't up and moving there isn't a problem. i grab the XD and look for the dog

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    House is already boobie trapped..if u make it past those ill let u choose..9..45..or 5.56....lol

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Bump inside...SIG 229 or 238. Bump outside...AR15 with weapon's light if stealth is not an issue...thermal or night vision if stealth is needed.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Depending on what side of the bed I'm on :wink:, either my 357 revolver or my wife's 38, both loaded with 38 special +P frangible ammo,

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Dude that paragraph was great.
    Personally I have a .38 special basically under the pillow with hollow points but its just till I get to the saiga 12 with bullpup kit which is also in bed room. And if my 8 year old kid hasn't shot them yet then ill get to go house hunting!!??? U know me always Safety first???

O an god help u if the Ole ladies car found u first LOL!

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Modified mossy 500 or the Ruger 1911

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sleep naked and respond to any night time noises naked. No one wants to fight the naked guy.
    I keep a sawed off and an xd40 next to the bed just incase

Top Bottom