Supreme Court Rules Same Sex Couple Can Marry in All 50 States!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

latch

Marksman
    How about the option we picked 239 years ago? Lock, load and take this place back. The tree of Liberty and all that.
    I am not OK with all this.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    How about the option we picked 239 years ago? Lock, load and take this place back. The tree of Liberty and all that.
    I am not OK with all this.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Justice Antonin Scalia is chastising the Supreme Court’s landmark decision legalizing same-sex marriage on Friday as an affront to the principle of democratic rule.Scalia argues in his opinion that the court is increasingly creating policy rather than serving as a neutral arbiter.
    “Today’s decree says that my Ruler, and the Ruler of 320 million Americans coast-to-coast, is a majority of the nine lawyers on the Supreme Court,” he writes.
    “This practice of constitutional revision by an unelected committee of nine, always accompanied (as it is today) by extravagant praise of liberty, robs the People of the most important liberty they asserted in the Declaration of Independence and won in the Revolution of 1776: the freedom to govern themselves.”
    Scalia blasts the majority opinion as “couched in a style that is as pretentious as its content is egotistic.”
    “The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie,” he writes in a footnote needling the majority for its bombastic language.
    It’s the second day in a row that Scalia has blasted the majority’s opinion. On Thursday, he accused the court of creating “SCOTUScare” with a ruling that said the federal government could provide ObamaCare subsidies to consumers on a federal exchange.
    Chief Justice John Roberts wrote that decision and was at the end of Scalia’s criticism, but on Friday they were on the same side.
    Scalia wrote his own dissent even though he wrote that he agrees with everything that Roberts wrote in his own dissenting opinion, in order to “call attention to this court’s threat to American democracy.”
    Scalia admits that the societal outcome of the decision isn’t particularly important to him.
    “The law can recognize as marriage whatever sexual attachments and living arrangements it wishes, and can afford them favorable civil consequences,” he writes.
    But he wrote that he views the opinion as an overreach by the court, and chides the justices as “hardly a cross-section of America.”
    He notes that all the justices graduated from Harvard or Yale Law School, eight grew up on the coasts, and that not one is an evangelical Christian or a Protestant, religions that make up significant chunks of the American population.

“To allow the policy question of same-sex marriage to be considered and resolved by a select, patrician, highly unrepresentative panel of nine is to violate a principle even more fundamental than no taxation without representation: no social transformation without representation,” he writes.

Idoono

Master
    I think I puked in my mouth when I read the headlines. It would not surprise me to find that our dear beloved leader is really the antichrist in disguise. Well he has another win now thanks to the assholes he and the demoncratic party put on the supreme court. It is nice that one of their own (Scalia) sees what is happening among his breathern.

Idoono

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    So if I marry an old guy and he die's I can collect his SOS check until I die just like my Mother collects my late fathers......

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I think I puked in my mouth when I read the headlines. It would not surprise me to find that our dear beloved leader is really the antichrist in disguise. Well he has another win now thanks to the assholes he and the demoncratic party put on the supreme court. It is nice that one of their own (Scalia) sees what is happening among his breathern.

Idoono

your leader is a bi and sucks dick, may be better than the ghetto queen he is so called married to!

Glock31c

Master
    She or or Obama ain't getto. If they did go to the get to they wouldn't last a hour. That's why they messing this country up cause they never had to deal with hard time.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    JohnAL I think Stanley is hitting on you.

As long as Stanley is the catcher and I'm the pitcher I can figure out how to deal with it. His SS might be higher than mine...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

Idoono

I read the back of the WORD, our side wins, he gets thrown into the lake of fire to be tortured forever...

shootnstarz

Master
    Hopefully at least this will shut the peter puffers and lily lickers up for a while. And now maybe Rush Limbaugh can find SOMETHIHNG ELSE to talk about. But I really doubt both.

RH

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Hopefully at least this will shut the peter puffers and lily lickers up for a while. And now maybe Rush Limbaugh can find SOMETHIHNG ELSE to talk about. But I really doubt both.

RH
    oh no, the doubling down starts now....look for lawsuits soon against pastors if they do not perform weddings, and to stop their "hate" speech frm the pulpit..

I predict TV will explode with new fag shows now....within 6 months max

Viking1204

Master

Idoono

I've been sick to my stomach since I first saw it.

Whisky

Expert
    The world has gone mad

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    rainbows everywhere

As long as Stanley is the catcher and I'm the pitcher I can figure out how to deal with it. His SS might be higher than mine...

I do like that Bald head of yours...........

Mozella

Expert
    ....... snip .......
    We have now become an Anti-Christian country, time to consider other options.

You've got that right! I'm a straight, white, Christan, man married to the same gal for 44 years, but now I'm not sure that's my best option.

At the moment I'm trying to decide if I should turn into a gay Muslim who identifies as black (or perhaps Chinese) and start searching for a like-minded man to marry or if I should just go ahead and kill myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom