• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    but somewhere deep down I know you have ultimate control over one of them...at least one of them.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My sticky suggestion is for a "User Review Thread" we already have a "Gun Review Thread", for those of us that have purchased what we may have thought was the next coolest thing for our Rifle or Hand Gun and found out it to be a total flop or had to "work it" to the point of being functional...
    If we have an area for this already, than excuse me.

I would like to start User Review Thread with Tapco AK 47 Magazines, Don't but them, I spent 1 hour with a dremel tool just getting them to fit in the mag well of my AK.. I have attached photo's of before and after dremeling. It was a pain.

Attachments

• P1030499.jpg
      P1030499.jpg
      92.7 KB · Views: 137
    • P1030501.jpg
      P1030501.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 142

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    can we please limit the size of images? Peoples phones and cameras now will take some relatively large photos and if they are just simply updated to the forum they are uploaded huge. I'm on a new laptop with pretty good resolution and I have to scroll to see the "other half" of the image.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    can we please limit the size of images? Peoples phones and cameras now will take some relatively large photos and if they are just simply updated to the forum they are uploaded huge. I'm on a new laptop with pretty good resolution and I have to scroll to see the "other half" of the image.

Crtl + - Bro

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have this problem too, but every time I bring it up Ben just makes fun of my monitors. :(

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Kenny, what browser are you using?

I just switched from firefox to chrome, and the problem is gone for me... Just figured I would mention is, as that was very annoying while trying to view pictures!

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My suggestion is to get everybody to post their general location (mandatory). Since a lot of this forum is buying and selling, it sure would make these transactions much easier when looking for an item, and then deciding whether the drive is worth it or not, without all of the questions and PMs just to find out what state they are in.

A lot of the founders and early members on here already knew each other and where they lived, but there is an increasing number of new members who don't know, and no one knows where they are either. Just my 2 cents worth.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately, it is difficult to make this mandatory after the fact. But I do try very hard to enforce the rules in the for sale section. I will see what we can do about new registrations.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A couple of gun forums require at least the state in the title of any classified ad.

Good idea, that would be a lot easier to implement than me looking through each ad to see if location is listed.

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Ian, and I can understand people not wanting to list their exact location, but I think city and state should be the minimum.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Ian, and I can understand people not wanting to list their exact location, but I think city and state should be the minimum.

Spent a little time going through and adding locations to the title of each post in the firearms section. Looks much better already!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They will see what I've done and follow my lead...

Right?

RIGHT?!?

sureicanfish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about a BOLO section where folks can post up info about stolen or missing guns?? Sure criminals might not steal one and post up here but some members deal in the gun scene outside of the forum, could be a helpful tool?

Top Bottom