• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2 weeks ago I finally got to enjoy my other hobby. Here is a video of the second half of a race I was in at Roebling Road Raceway in Bloomingdale Georgia, near Savannah.

The race had some on and off again drizzle but it didn't slow me down. This video starts with me in 4th place, I catch and pass a few to get me in second. Catch first who decides he wants to drive a defensive line (otherwise known as blocking) to keep me from passing. A very fast run off a tight but quick right hand corner and a slight miscalculation on my part have us come together 2/3 of the way around the last lap. It spins him off to left while I keep going to see the checker flag as winner in my class.

The steward's weren't happy with our little come together and gave me a 2 place penalty. :mad: It's in appeal now, but regardless I still know I was fastest and won the race.

Also, note the red, white and blue car #12 I pass a few laps into the video is my son!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Man that's good stuff! Very cool! I got tired of seeing that blinking red light too! Lol
    I may run the Z06 in the local SCCA stuff at five flags just to see if I like it.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man that's good stuff! Very cool! I got tired of seeing that blinking red light too! Lol
    I may run the Z06 in the local SCCA stuff at five flags just to see if I like it.
    His light was very annoying! On formula cars we don't have brake lights, the only time a light is on is in the rain. They can be wired to be steady or flashing. Most guys set them up to remain on, this guy was the only car on track that had it set to flash.

He's also the only guy I've raced against in many years to block as he did. This is amateur racing, if I have a faster car catch me, I drive my normal line and let him go by. Then I try to follow to see where and how he is faster. As far as I'm concerned blocking has no place in racing. Due to the wide angle lens it does not appear that bad on the video. When you are in the car you see how close we really are going into some of the corners.

Try the autocross with SCCA at Five Flags, you'll probably enjoy it. If you really want to have fun and stretch that cars legs though go to a "Track Night in America", also sponsored by the SCCA. They do it at NOLA, so only a few hour ride from the Pensacola area. You get instruction and they are run very safely. It's probably the cheapest and safest way to get your street car on a real racetrack.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    If you don't like it I'm going to take away your new balances for a week......

Top Bottom