• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Pay pal uses my check account debit card and it comes out of my check account that way. Hell I usually don't have enough in there to steal.

bohica793

Master
    Most of the fraud we see is perpetuated by either stupidity or inside personnel. We are actively attacked by Chinese and Eastern European IP addresses on an hourly basis (my websites get 250K+ penetration attempts EACH every hour). Keeping the bad guys out is a constant struggle but when you get one "inside the walls", it is difficult to stop as they know how everything works and where the holes are. We keep plugging them and they keep finding new ones.

God loves stupid programmers cause he makes so many of them and most of them work for us......

jakec

Master
    Pay pal uses my check account debit card and it comes out of my check account that way. Hell I usually don't have enough in there to steal.

That's my secret too. If they clean me out, I'll be out about $37.

Famine

Master
    As big a problem Bohica are Key loggers and screen shot grabbers - once a PC is infected they quietly capture every key stoke and periodically take screen shots and save them to transmit to a database in the background while the unknowing victim is online. Once in the database the bad guys in the case of key logging scan for URLs, userids and passwords - and from that information can login with valid credentials and empty an account before the owner realizes what is going on. Password length or complexity is no help with a key logger - just how frequently the password is changed as there is a period of time between when the compromised PC transmits the data and when it is put to use. Happens all the time - the good news almost every financial institution has an online banking statement saying customers will be made whole for non-fraudulent loss by there customers but there will be a period of time when you won't be made whole until they complete their investigation. They do that and accept those loses as online banking is viewed as a competitive advantage - meaning if they don't offer it the loss of customers to banks that do it will exceed the losses caused by compromised accounts.

bohica793

Master
    This goes back to my reference to "Stupidity". We have had several instances where our users have clicked on links in spearphishing emails and caused us large amounts of grief. The resulting downloaded trojans, worms and keyloggers are a pain to clean up after.

Dan1612

Master
    I had completely forgotten just how horrible Cuervo is. Ugh Yuck!!!

Viking1204

Master
    Dan, somebody bought me a shot of that on one of my birthdays a long time ago and it was my first shot of the night. I couldn't get out the back door of the Mexican restaurant we were at fast enough and that shot and what little I had in my stomach came back up and I deposited it on the cactus right outside the back door. I have not touched that nastiness every since!

As far as Gin goes I think that tastes like perfume and don't drink that either!

madeSICC88

Master
    I have a hard time drinking anything but beer, has to be pretty mixed if I have to drink it. Too many horrible nights as a teen to willingly drink it if beer is available. Gin is definitely not even a choice anymore.

Dan1612

Master
    I'll drink it on occasion, but I really don't care for beer. :behindsofa:

Top Bottom