• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Funniest road rage incident I remember happened to me on Blue Angel Pkwy. a few years ago. I was heading South so I turned right onto BAP from Mobile Hwy. I noticed a cute girl in a Thunderbird pull in behind me. I also noticed she was chatting on her cell phone as hard as she could. We traveled along, me keeping a really close eye on her as she was swirving, running up on me when I had to slow, stuff like that. I got kind of tired of it so when we caught the light at Saufley Field Rd. I decided to put some distance between us for safety. Light turned green so I nailed it. I got plenty of space so I felt pretty good. I rounded the corner past the convenience store and saw I was coming up on a guy towing a travel trailer slowing and stopping to turn left. I stopped behind him and saw cutie coming up on me wide open and not even looking ahead. I punched it and went to the right off the road and passed the travel trailer about the same split second she slammed into the camper. I got out to make sure no one was hurt but guess who got cussed out? Me. Guess I was supposed to take one for the team up the backside.

MAXman

Master
    Sean..... Who got the ticket?
    That's what blows my mind. I've had so many close calls while paying attention and on my a game....

Seanpcola

Don't know. After the cutie cussed me out for not taking the hit and the guy in the camper looking like he was going to explode I got in my truck and left. I didnt cause it and as far as I was concerned I had nothing to contribute. I'm assuming baby girl got ticketed because she hit from the rear.

MAXman

Master
    I can't imagine how she would assume it's at all your fault. Didn't phase her im sure, I have a close friend from high school who's totaled 3 cars in 7 wrecks in 10 years of driving.

Sucks the guy had to loose his mobile hotel, I guess.

Seanpcola

She looked like (and acted like) a little spoiled Diva.

Oh, and that reminds me of the time I was sitting at the light on the corner of Jackson and Pace Blvd. Out of the blue my truck gets rear ended. Felt like a helluva hit. I jump out, walk to the back and look at the damage. None on my truck as the car hit my pintle trailer hitch. Tore the front of the car up pretty well. Two young girls in the car and they're yelling at each other. I walk up and ask if they're OK. Driver says "we're fine but this isn't my fault!". Uh, OK, who's fault is it? "My dads!". How's that, I don't see him around. "I told him this morning that the brakes aren't working and he said he had to go to work, no time to fix them till the weekend. He's an asshole". Why are you driving it with no brakes? "I have to go to the store for cigarettes". Wow. You drove it with no brakes. A deputy drives up about that time, asked a few questions and let me leave.

I felt so sorry for dad.

Rapier

Marksman
    Seems like every year we have an idiot that just does not get the word about not playing with black wigglers...... They give a new meaning to mean as a snake.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...cottonmouth-snake/ar-AAbAqmv?ocid=ansnewsap11

Please do not play with the Cottonmouths, they do not play nice and really get pissed for no reason much less being stuck in a pillow case or having to kiss an ugly sucker in the face.
    Ed

Seanpcola

Funny you should bring that up now Rapier. I was cleaning the fence line at work about an hour ago. I stopped, grabbed a baggie and started picking blackberries/dewberries/or whatever they really are. I was being extremely careful where I stuck my hand, mainly because I've seen Pigmy Rattles along that fence before. So, I get done and fire up the mower to chop everything down. First pass I nailed a Moc. My first kill. Gendoc is right. Those things stink especially spilt open. Knock a buzzed off a gut wagon bad.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    PARKING TICKET: My wife and I went into town and visited a shop. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. We went up to him and I said, "Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?" He just ignored us and continued writing the ticket.

I called him an "a**hole." He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So my wife called him a "s*ithead." He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing more tickets.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote. He finally finished, sneered at us and walked away. Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it and went home.

We always look for cars with Obama stickers. We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired. It's so important at our age!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    WOW, home invasion in Destin, same street I just moved from. 8:30 PM 3-4 guys dressed in black, forced the back door, tied up 2 residents, beat one, stayed 30 min and left...now that is scary!

The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a reported home invasion robbery Wednesday night in Destin.

The victims at the Country Club Drive home say they were tied up and robbed by three to four men dressed in black and carrying guns, according to a press release from the OCSO.

One of the two residents told deputies a locked back door was forced open sometime after 8:30 p.m. He and the other resident were tied up and pushed to the ground while the group of armed men went through their home looking for valuables.

They say the robbers, who were all about 5’9” tall and had thin builds, spent about 30 minutes in the house before leaving.

The victims were able to work themselves free and go to a neighbor’s home to ask for help. The neighbor called 9-1-1 at 9:12 p.m. One victim suffered injuries to his head that he says took place after he was punched repeatedly while on the ground.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I have 1 on me at home and 2 strategically placed at all times, house, yard, garage.

MAXman

Master
    Ya doc arms reach while pooping, showering or sleeping. Otherwise in with frank and it's on my body.

In other news, I just hit the second(maybe third) pensacola reference in season two of the x files. There has also been at least one reference to gulf breeze, and I wanna say one to destin. Pretty impressive seeing as how this show was shot and written in Canada.

Seanpcola

Whenever I hear about a home invasion like that my first thought is "Why that house in particular. Why did the bad guys choose that home out of so many?". Had one of those perms been there before, like a service call? Knows one of the occupants? Personal grudge? If that house happened to have certain valuables like large sums of cash and if so who ran their mouth and let the word spread?

maxfold

Master
    Exactly , know who visits works etc , as a teen I might have brought 2-3 peaple home .not including window visits for girls .know who is inside the fence ,maxfold

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Cops will tell you that 95% of home invasions are drug related. I don't know if that counts the perps being crackheads robbing to buy drugs or not?

MAXman

Master
    Ridge runner, I understand that most of the crime I. Santa Rissa is drug and alcohol related.... As in high/drunk, in possession of, or trying to get the resources to procure said substances.

So basically just a blanket statement, starring that somehow drugs were involved

Top Bottom