• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxfold

Master
    Cant we delete and restrict the one that are getting out of hand ,a 24 hr time out ,instead of everyone .one warning then drop a cone of silence on them .() maxfold

Famine

Master
    Seems like every aspect of what happened in Baltimore was covered and when nothing new was presented the discussion became more oriented to conservative vs liberal opinions and from devolved to personal attacks. Sorry state for a board so pro Constitution re:2nd amendment to forget the 1st.

Other than the NG deploying and the curfew held - what else is missing from yesterdays discussion? The Orioles playing the Cubs in an empty Camden Yards?

I do agree that in most cases - shutting down the abusers of board rules vs a thread is most appropriate but this thread was going no where at the end.

Seanpcola

Road rage and dumbassery all over the place lately. Rick problem isn't unique. I see this stuff happen daily and that's frightening because I'm on the road a lot less than 90% of the people. Just my little commute to work and occasional run up 9 Mile to Home Depot is filled with folks getting cut off, rules broken, on and on. Hell, I get threatened for only going 5 mph over the speed limit. The other day a friend and I got cussed out, honked at and given a good supply of one finger saluted from an idiot that got pissed because we slowed down to pull in my own driveway.

I'm getting a dash cam this week as per FrankT's thread. I want this crap preserved for posterity. I feel it's just a matter of time before some texting soccer mom or some vicariously living Dale Earnhardt tears the front end off my truck.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    If the other mods are anything like me, I simply don't have the time to read through every post of a 24 page thread to figure out exactly who the offending parties are. It's much more efficient to lock the thread. There are a few members on notice that there will be punishment the next time they start anything. I believe one member already got a 24hr vacation for their actions yesterday.

Lets leave that whole topic alone and not bring down this thread. If anyone has any thoughts or concerns, feel free to PM me.

shootnstarz

Master
    That's a great idea Sean, I need one of those too. I'm sure if I keep driving it somebody will eventually destroy it but I'm sure they're going to wait until I've done all the work.

Rick

Seanpcola

I think they're just about mandatory nowadays Rick. Thank lawyers.

A few weeks ago my wife was backing out of a parking spot at a business at the same time a lady was backing out too from the opposite aisle. They bumped rear bumpers. Not even walking speed and zero damage on either vehicle. But, the lady called the HP. Wife called me and I told her to immediately start her camera on her phone and keep it on the other woman. Neither got a ticket and in fact I think the LEO was a might irritated for getting a call for a non event.

A couple of weeks later I'm working in the yard when a vehicle comes up. It's an adjuster from our insurance company. I asked what I can do for her and she says she needs to talk to my wife about details involving the "accident with injury" she was involved in previously. I stood there with a dumb look on my face as I had completely forgotten about the minor blip. She finally told me what it was and I started laughing. The other lady had filed all kinds of medical claims, back and neck injury, I mean everything you can think of. I had wife come outside with her phone and play the vid. We also inspected wife's car. Her car does have a dent back there but it was explained to the adjuster that it was from a fight with a mailbox 2 years ago. The video showed the other woman, climbing under the rear of her car inspecting for damage, walking around talking on her phone, nothing wrong. Apparently she got home and decided that she had been devastated from the brutal impact. Adjuster laughed and the bitch didn't get a nickle.

The world is full of victims. If that fat old broad can make $10,000 from what amounts to bumping into someone in a crowd then society owes me an amount equal to the national debt.

Famine

Master
    IMHO driving habits have changed with the influx of folks from other areas, in particular big cities. There was a time that I remember well where most drivers were courteous and safe (with the exception of our teenagers). Folks would not need to cut you off - they put on a turn signal and you were given room to change lanes. Now I am talking 70s and 80s in Pensacola - as when I commuted in the DC area it was just the opposite. Tailgating at rush hour so as not to get 1 car further behind. Hell up there if folks saw a funeral procession, they turn on their lights and join just to get thru the lights. Agree Sean driving here has become an adventure and road rage all too common. I have slowed down with age and seldom drive more than 5 over and most time just at the speed limit - middle finger salute all too common. Heck I got in an argument with a neighbor over speeding in the neighborhood. She got mad at me for slowing her down - said the speed limit is 20 and I said yup - maximum speed limit is 20. Dash cam is not a bad idea - dash and rear window combo might be better.

Road rage and dumbassery all over the place lately. Rick problem isn't unique. I see this stuff happen daily and that's frightening because I'm on the road a lot less than 90% of the people. Just my little commute to work and occasional run up 9 Mile to Home Depot is filled with folks getting cut off, rules broken, on and on. Hell, I get threatened for only going 5 mph over the speed limit. The other day a friend and I got cussed out, honked at and given a good supply of one finger saluted from an idiot that got pissed because we slowed down to pull in my own driveway.

I'm getting a dash cam this week as per FrankT's thread. I want this crap preserved for posterity. I feel it's just a matter of time before some texting soccer mom or some vicariously living Dale Earnhardt tears the front end off my truck.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Sean, either the gopro clone(my other cam thread), The cam Turtle suggested (Vivitar DVR785HD-BLU-AMZ Mini Sport Digital Video Camera) or the dash cam will work well. Pick the one you can use in different ways for your purposes. They all have loop and adjustable recording methods you can custom for your needs. I do like the fact the Sports cams have a protective case and many mounting options. I just bought an Airsoft helmet for hunting at the lease and already had a gorilla small tripod for the range.

Seanpcola

I agree Famine but not so sure it's an "out of towner" issue. The world and society are under a shit load of tension and pressure right now. Too many people multi tasking, pissed off at current events and the political climate, priorities screwed up, everyone is in a rush. Add cell phones and texting to that list.

There's also a group out there, call them "elitist" or "entitled" that take a personal affront to any perceived unfairness. Who the hell do you think you are slowing me down!

Then there's what I call road thugs. Race not pertinent. There's this little punk that lives out in my area that has a POS white Ford truck, about a mid 90's model, with a huge American flag flying from a pole out the rear of his bed (details provided in case someone knows him or he's reading this)that grinds up every mud puddle he can find, destroying drainage and driveways to businesses, blasting down streets at least double the speed limit, endangering kids and animals, acting a complete immature moron and oh yeah, he's also the dipstick that threatened me and my buddy for slowing down to turn in my driveway. His MO is not necessarily new for sure, but he stirs everyone else up. It's not "if" but "when" that he will push someone over the edge and we will have an incident. Again, I don't give into physical confrontations but I'm actively working to get his ass busted. So, maybe that's a form of road rage too on my part but it's more the slow, simmering variety than a spur of the moment reaction.

Viking1204

Master
    LOL, the guy in the Camaro screwed up when he tried to cut the F-150 off passing him in the right lane. The F-150 was passing the trucks and after the Camaro tried to cut him off and then road his ass the F-150 guy slowed down just to be a dick LOL! Not sure I wouldn't have done the same thing. Don't pass me on the right when I'm already over taking someone, that's just stupid. Let me pass and then I'll get over in the right lane and you can go on your merry way!

I had a Corvette pass me on the right one time that was obviously trying to catch the car in front of him but the dumb kid came over too quick and hit my over sized front right tire and dented his driver's side rear quarter, my tire also left a nice NASCAR tire rub on his bright red Corvette. No damage to my truck. He was 17, I told him have fun trying to explain that one to Daddy!

madeSICC88

Master
    wife sent me a picture of a wreck in the walmart parking lot in Daphne, she said the Tundra) was flying down a lane and smacked into a Tahoe. The guy in the truck jumped out and took off running, a bunch of people chased aftr him and held him there until the cops came. The trucks started smoking and eventually caught on fire.
    Sucks i missed that show.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Other than some on Hwy 85 coming into Crestview, IMO Road Raging drivers still don't seem to be too big a problem here in town. However making several trips a year to visit family up around Atlanta I still see my quota of it. Much of the driving up there on I-85/285/75 can be, to put it nicely... "impressive". What's worse is it seems like the sensible habits of defensive driving are not enough, like instead you yourself have to become an aggressive driver just to survive.

Maybe we should start a Road Rage thread. It would probably, unfortunately, get a new post on a near daily basis.

MAXman

Master
    Had a bozo in a white Nissan this morning, pace a semi truck over the bridge. Bounced between the lines in his lane. When I managed to get a chance to pass him on the right he must have woke up because he made it a point to not let me in. When 10 goes three lanes at Davis I kindly bumped over to the left and passed him at 75. He was weaving again.

My theory is the longer in time the duration the more exposure you have to getting ran off the road by some drunk/asleep/mentally void retard. On surface roads and in neighborhoods I keep it cool but on the interstate I tend to fly. I don't feel bad about it, I've followed fhp over the bridge before and they move faster than I do.

Top Bottom