• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    So who needs a 500,000 lb generator?

i got a lot of toys.....wonder if it puts more than 5500 watts out....i might need to get one if it beats my two troybilt 5500 watt....

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Is that a two truck tow?

yes, and more axles than my tired eyes can count...

i bet there are two bigass caterpillar engines under those hoods

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    3 trailers and about 48 axles all together. The whole setup can lower 6" and raise 18". Pretty cool, had plenty of time to check it out last night.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Is that a two truck tow?

That's what I want to know. I assume they're linked but want to know how. Also, how is that first trailer on the rear tractor? I kind of doubt it uses the typical pin setup.

Edit: On further thought I suspect that much weight isn't that hard to roll the way they have the weight spread out. I mean, relatively speaking. I've moved 30,000 pounds 550' across a concrete floor and could just about push it by hand. Well supported.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    They towed with one truck all night until the coming up the hill at Bayou n 9th Ave. The tow link was just that, a huge steel bar.
    605f6ac51798ad58c56bebd90770df39.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Oh great, you just kicked off the Cat/Cummins feud again.

always was a cummins guy, but when the load is huge and the demand constant, nothing beats a
    v8 cat...

MarkS

Master
    Got to take the receiver hitch out from under my jeep I don't tow anything much and after having it act like a plow tonight causing me to get hung up and stuck in a mudhole that a stock jeep drove thru that's it the suckers coming out from under it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Canada took a hard left with trudeau......hope they enjoy their obumba....

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    I went into work Monday morning just long enough to see the PRN on site, get a shot and some medicine, then went home. Spent the last 2 days in bed. Back at work this morning, waiting on the PRN to get here to see her again, then there's a good chance I'm going to go back home.

She figured it was a sinus infection on Monday (sore throat with drainage, start of a cough). I got a steroid shot, antibiotics and some severe cold tablets for the symptoms. Normally I would be feeling 100% better in 24-36 hours but this time I actually felt worse yesterday than I did on Monday. My throat isn't quite as bad this morning, but the cough is worse, everything aches and I don't have any energy at all.

Seanpcola

I went into work Monday morning just long enough to see the PRN on site, get a shot and some medicine, then went home. Spent the last 2 days in bed. Back at work this morning, waiting on the PRN to get here to see her again, then there's a good chance I'm going to go back home.

She figured it was a sinus infection on Monday (sore throat with drainage, start of a cough). I got a steroid shot, antibiotics and some severe cold tablets for the symptoms. Normally I would be feeling 100% better in 24-36 hours but this time I actually felt worse yesterday than I did on Monday. My throat isn't quite as bad this morning, but the cough is worse, everything aches and I don't have any energy at all.

Sounds like me every day since I passed 5-0.

Just kidding, get better soon Jeep. I was having respiratory issues for a few days and couldn't figure out what it was. Finally, it dawned on me......After work every night last week I stripped a barn of over 100 12' 2x6s, pressure treated, that were used as interior walls. Never exposed to sunlight or the elements, brand new condition. Got my new backyard deck for free but that place had the finest dust I've ever seen, including 2 decades old horse manure. I breathed a LOT of that crap.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Sounds like everyone is getting what you have Jeep. I had it 2 weeks ago then my daughter got it. Now I have about 7 of my guys at work who I have had to send home over the past week or so with it. Crazy how fast things like this spread.

Ryan

Master
    you guys just need motrin and to drink water.....

If anyone is active/reserve/retired (military id basically) USCG ATC Mobile has their gun section open.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Ryan,
    Is USCG ATC Mobile a range or a place to buy guns?
    Thanks

Ryan

Master
    ATC Mobile is a base where we train our helicopter pilots. They have an Exchange there where they have a guns section but there is no range there. You have to be an AL resident or be stationed in AL with orders to purchase a handgun. Not sure about the rifles but I'd assume it would align with the local laws.

Top Bottom