• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Funny you say that

Not for Stanley. He was conscious when he built it. :whistle:

Idoono

Cause I almost posted the same reply!!! I mean who is he to decide my stream of Con?

madeSICC88

Master
    Any Mil/LEOs that want a new knife if you make a Mil/LEO account through benchmade and apply the discount code NRALOD2015 its supposed to give you another 20-30% discount on top of your big discount already. I can't use it myself but I read about it a few days ago and have a friend verifying it and ordering me another knife. Just thought I would pass it along.

I haven't been able to confirm it myself yet so if it doesn't work then tough shit...jk.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ryan

Master
    Any Mil/LEOs that want a new knife if you make a Mil/LEO account through benchmade and apply the discount code NRALOD2015 its supposed to give you another 20-30% discount on top of your big discount already. I can't use it myself but I read about it a few days ago and have a friend verifying it and ordering me another knife. Just thought I would pass it along.

I haven't been able to confirm it myself yet so if it doesn't work then tough shit...jk.

yeah it works. $120 knife was $67 dollars with shipping+tax. I'll just throw it out there that people that buy stuff for other people with a LEO/MIL discount is generally a no no and messes it up in the end. I was ordering my Costas at a super chunky discount and the lady wanted to confirm that I wasn't US Air Force because they suspended sells to them because people were reselling and hooking buddies up.

Last edited:

Seanpcola

yeah it works. $120 knife was $67 dollars with shipping+tax. I'll just throw it out there that people that buy stuff for other people with a LEO/MIL discount is generally a no no and messes it up in the end. I was ordering my Costas at a super chunky discount and the lady wanted to confirm that I wasn't US Air Force because they suspended sells to them because people were reselling and hooking buddies up.

I can see that. Too bad that a few guys messed it up. The dealers are doing a favor.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Cannot find the place to register for mil/leo I sent them an email

madeSICC88

Master
    Has anybody ever made their own knife before? Been in kind of a knife kick for a while and have been looking at ordering a knife kit to put together and do the finishing touches on. Don't have the tools to start from a blank but I thought it would be fun to make one. Been watching a ton of videos and the craftsmanship some guys put into them is insane.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Has anybody ever made their own knife before? Been in kind of a knife kick for a while and have been looking at ordering a knife kit to put together and do the finishing touches on. Don't have the tools to start from a blank but I thought it would be fun to make one. Been watching a ton of videos and the craftsmanship some guys put into them is insane.

I've thought about it several times, but never committed to it. It helps to have the right tools, which I didn't want to invest in.

madeSICC88

Master
    Yea I wouldn't start from a steel stocks but I would like to try the kits that are already shaped and I would like to try the sharpening and make my own handle and finish it.
    Make like a big Bowie style knife or a kitchen knife.

madeSICC88

Master
    Watched some videos where they took old putty knifes and reshaped them and sharpened too. Not a strong blade but I though about trying that.

Old lawn mower blades too.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Watched some videos where they took old putty knifes and reshaped them and sharpened too. Not a strong blade but I though about trying that.

Old lawn mower blades too.

That would probably make a decent filet knife, if it would stay sharp.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter

you can order 512 layer Damascus knife blanks from Jacksonville, AL & use hard wood or antler to finish them...youtube is your friend..

madeSICC88

Master
    I actually browsed their website last week. They have exactly what I was looking for and will probably order from them.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Question : If a guy and his wife were moving into the Pensacola area to work NAS, where are the good areas to look for a house. This will probably be his/their house for a while..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    Question : If a guy and his wife were moving into the Pensacola area to work NAS, where are the good areas to look for a house. This will probably be his/their house for a while..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    A lot of new subd. in the Beulah area because of Navy Fed. Still 15-20 min from NAS.

Gas Port

Master
    A lot of new subd. in the Beulah area because of Navy Fed. Still 15-20 min from NAS.

This is true. We built cheaper than what is on the market. Plus you are not far from Sean if you want to put poop on his door step! LOL

Famine

Master
    Do they have kids in school? Commuting to NAS from most of Pensacola but the quality of the schools and the education the kids will get varies greatly. If kids are not an issue then WEAR TV has a web site showing crime areas to consider as well.

Top Bottom