• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    At the Verizon store wife said time to upgrade. I hate this shit. Ain't nothing wrong with this phone. At least there's some hot Chic's here...

madeSICC88

Master
    At the Verizon store wife said time to upgrade. I hate this shit. Ain't nothing wrong with this phone. At least there's some hot Chic's here...
    You know you don't really have to upgrade even though your contract is up. Or she can just upgrade her line and you can do yours when your phone dies.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Time for me to upgrade too. Been to Verizon a couple of times discussing options. My phone is on its last leg. Two years old and now it's crashing, doing all kinds of weird crap. I've about decided I'm going back to a dumb flip phone, getting a cheapo plan, screw the data that I pay for and don't use and save a ton of money. I carry a 8" tablet with me everywhere I go so I don't need a phone that does all that. I'm telling my wife to go get her own plan in her own name and do what she wants. Shes the one that yaks all the time and let's the grandkids burn the data up in the car.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    2.5 hours later I have some s6 thing and it dont even fit in my pocket nicely. Contract was up went with no contract more data and installment payments on the phones. Cell phones are the devil!!

Seanpcola

Yep, they are.

When I first signed with Verizon they offered a free Samsung S3. Like an idiot I went all big shot and said no, I want a really high end,n tough mil-spec smart phone and paid $300 cash on the spot. So, when I went in this time I said I'm still owed a free phone. They said no. I asked for directions to AT&T. They came back with an offer of a free Flip phone but I may still just switch.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    ATT is the lowest rated one of the pack. Get a Wallmart flip phone with verison for your carrier. Thats what I have used for about 5 years. Make sure to ask them if verison is the carrier because some of them use ATT

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Sean...I have 4 people I know that are leaving At&t and going somewhere else ....They are in all areas of Pensacola and get bad reception...dropped calls yada yada yada.....Verizon now sells their service in Wallyworld....$45.00 per month unlimited minutes and I think some data ...the phone you have to buy is a smart phone and they start at about $89.95....and up to the StarWars versions !!! I am going to change over to it soon....everyone says the service "Appears" to be just like the walk in store Verizon service....Just sayin......
    Yep, they are.

When I first signed with Verizon they offered a free Samsung S3. Like an idiot I went all big shot and said no, I want a really high end,n tough mil-spec smart phone and paid $300 cash on the spot. So, when I went in this time I said I'm still owed a free phone. They said no. I asked for directions to AT&T. They came back with an offer of a free Flip phone but I may still just switch.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Wife said her S5 was junk and needed a S6.
    Me Whats wrong with it? Show me the prob.
    Her. It just doesent do the thing I want it to do.
    Me Ok, what do you want it to do?
    Her. Oh, I don't know.
    Me. I call her phone.
    Her Hel.... Why are you calling me from the kitchen?
    Me. To make sure your phone works in an Emergency!
    Her Whats the Emergency?
    Me The Emergency is over, your phone works. Where's dinner?
    Her I need to go to Verizon and get a GOOD PHONE!
    Me. Okay, just answer one question correctly.
    Her OK, WHAT!
    Me Name just one thing the S6 does that the S5 doesn't?
    Her. YOU BUY GUNS WHENEVER YOU WANT TOO!
    Me Honey, can you pick up a pizza on your way home from Verizon?

Garpo

Master
    I recently upgraded too, from the one on the left to the one on the right, seriously:

Attachments

• TF1100R4.jpg
      TF1100R4.jpg
      8.9 KB · Views: 132
    • spin_prod_913505512.jpg
      spin_prod_913505512.jpg
      9.5 KB · Views: 135

Seanpcola

I'm getting a free phone out of the deal and my new plan with Verizon will be about $40 a month.

I took a long, hard look at my cell phone usage and made a decision. My habits have changed along with work requirements. Up until about 2 years ago I burned at least 1500 minutes a month. Now, for the past 24 months I average a little under 600. I'm just not fielding work related calls, not having to call companies for orders, etc., not coordinating several people at once, all that's down to about zero.

Mobile data: I played with it a few times but do not need it at all. Very rarely I've used it, and that's because I was bored somewhere and decided to go on line. Don't need it.

Texting: I really don't like it but have come to terms with the fact that most people use it and it does, on rare occasion, come in handy. I have an app that let's me text through my tablet so that negates the need for a smart phone with a keyboard instead of punching some number 4 times to get a letter.

Not saying I don't like the ability and new technology but since I carry an 8" tablet in a hardened waterproof case, carrying a smart phone is just duplication.

Verizon bill is around $150 a month. That's two smart phones, a third phone number for mobile data through the tablet, unlimited talk and text, 1g of mobile data. Why do I need that? Wife uses the phone at a rate of over double what I do, her grandkids smoke the data plan just playing around, sometimes using it instead of the wifi that free. So, she can get her own plan and pay whatever she wants. I'll keep mine under $50.

Smart phones: PITA! Big screen that I can't believe I haven't shattered yet. Had to buy an extended capacity battery and, even not using it all day other than maybe a couple of phone calls I still have to charge it all night every night. It runs really warm constantly and yes, I've checked and had it checked for stuff running hidden in the background. It's big, bulky to me and just clunky. It does crash occasionally and was told by Verizon and the manufacturer that's normal. It turns the ringer off on its own when it feels like it. When it gets bored it randomly dials people down the contact list. This isn't butt dialing, it will do it sitting on my desk when I'm a hundred feet away. Yes, I know some will say it's the model phone I have, or if I just went iPhone there would be no problems, on and on. I call BS on that because I know a lot of people having the same issues with every smart phone under the sun.

I'm also pissed off at the costs/rate for services and the plan structuring. I am not 17 years old,texting to my buddies every 30 seconds, nor am I playing GTA on my phone, nor am I posting photos of the sandwich I made for lunch on Facebook from my phone. I firmly believe that if some 20-something thinks it's normal to have a $300 a month cell bill and pay $700 for a phone than he/she should do so. I also believe it should not be on me to help subsidize and offset their 50 g data usage a month by paying a bunch extra for 2g of available data when I might burn 1mb in a month and that's because my phone elected to turn itself on or.......and here's a scam I found..........the cell phone company and phone manufacturer turn my mobile data on remotely for software upgrades, some apps do too. Here's the slick trick: That setup allows the various manufacturers and software companies to turn my mobile data on remotely so they can access the OS for the aforementioned upgrades, patches and updates. Unforntunately, none of those geniuses (or is this deliberate?) haven't figured out the programming to then turn OFF my mobile data when the upload/download is done.

And talking to these sales people really pisses me off. I go in there to discuss these issues and they look at me like I'm nuts, or with pity because I'm old and too stupid to appreciate the great deal they're giving me by allowing me to pay out my ass for something I don't need, or that I'm just too out of touch to understand why I need more digital ability that the space shuttle had.

Nope, dumb phone, cheapest plan, screw the whole industry.

Hossfly72

Marksman
    I got the iPhone 6plus for Father's Day. Overall, it's pretty nice. After using it for a while, I've come to realize it's BIG.
    Works well for old eyes though and I download books on the Kindle app. I look at it as a cross between a phone and a tablet and use it as much as, if not more than I use the iPad. I always made fun of couriers who use a GPS, but I have been wearing that function out up in the country of Escambia County! My biggest guilty pleasure is watching episodes of Battlestar Galactica on the phone though. I copied the entire series from my DVD's and have the last two seasons on the phone. Makes for a nice lunchbreak when I'm able to get one. And the picture rivals my HD TV.
    I powered up my Windows computer this past weekend though and all I can say is BLAH! If you don't run a Winblows machine for a month, it takes you 3 hours just to update everything so it'll turn on.

Garpo

Master
    I would still have the one on the left Garpo if I hadn't destroyed it years ago.

Mine still works but I hate the little, easily mashed, bubble keys. Now with the flip phone, the keys are protected and I look sooo much cooler when I use it once or twice a month. Oh and BTW, it has a camera and plays cute little tunes. I love modern technology :thumb:

MAXman

Master
    I get whatever they're willing to give away free after I wreck the one I have.
    Last time it was an iPhone. Holding up shockingly well.

Top Bottom