Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Sorting is seriously messed up

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

MAXman

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I don’t notice any of these issues, but I only ever use Tapatalk to view the forum on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
im not seeing this either, and I dont use tapatalk. Everything is in order of last replied, wether I’m logged in or not.

Snake-Eyes

Reaction score
im not seeing this either, and I dont use tapatalk. Everything is in order of last replied, wether I’m logged in or not.
In that case, out of curiousity, can you try something?

Goto any NON For Sale subsection, like "General Gun Talk", and click the "Filters" drop down at the top-right. Then make sure it says "Last message" and "Descending", and click the red "Filter" button. Should look like the following pic:

IMG_5908.JPG

Do you see something like this picture show up at the top-left?

IMG_5909.JPG

You shouldn't.

Now try the same red "Filter" button in a For Sale subsection, like "Firearms For Sale".

That new "Sort by: Last Message" should show up, signifying that the Filter is temporary and NOT the default for that section.

At least, that's what it does to me.

MAXman

Reaction score
Yeah I just played with the filters, with me it seems last message is the default filter.
I selected it and the page loaded and I didn’t see any changes in the lineup. Something like the m9, the gen 5 and some Winchester alphabet gun etc.

Strange it seems to be affecting some people and not others, but not based on tapatalk or mobile vs browser? Maybe you guy have cookies turned on or off?

dirtingd

Reaction score
I had asked earlier to have the sold items removed. I can tell you i have personally bought a couple items myself and they are still on here and you dont know they are sold til you open and go to bottom of post. Was said they leave them on here for price research.....if u live in the same world i live in you realized prices on guns have risen sharply and ammo has doubled in last 4 months. Getting to where its not worth the digging to me.

stage20

Reaction score
I had asked earlier to have the sold items removed. I can tell you i have personally bought a couple items myself and they are still on here and you dont know they are sold til you open and go to bottom of post. Was said they leave them on here for price research.....if u live in the same world i live in you realized prices on guns have risen sharply and ammo has doubled in last 4 months. Getting to where its not worth the digging to me.
All you have to do is edit the title and add sold to it in all caps.

dirtingd

Reaction score
exactly.....but go through all the items on the first 5 pages and see how many are sold that aren't putting sold in the subject line of the post....

stage20

Reaction score
exactly.....but go through all the items on the first 5 pages and see how many are sold that aren't putting sold in the subject line of the post....
Or post asking for it to be deleted. Lol

Fanner50

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
To me, things are worse they were. Definitely not an improvement.

stage20

Reaction score
I'm setup for watch on classified posts. Sawmans 223 did not yield a notification...flaw in the system.
It just now showed up in new posts and it was posted earlier today.

bigbirney

Reaction score
Let me do a little more research on this, admin and site developer should have an answer
Last few days I’ve stopped using Tapatalk and am having better results - can bump now and sorting seems to be working correctly. Basically the updates have rendered Tapatalk worthless just took a while to figure it out.

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

3rd Coast
Top Bottom