Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Shooting at the 1K Range?

M118LR

Marksman
Reaction score
Where are Y'all shooting at the 1K Range Formally or Informally?
Is the 1K Known Distance actually Long Range Shooting?

Baddog 0302

Expert
Reaction score
Steel at known distances at Southern Tactical , only two "so-so" bench's but three or four carpeted pads, probably for military training and F & FTR shooters to practice on the 1000 Yd range

M118LR

Marksman
Reaction score

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about JTAC in central Florida. I heard they finally opened up

Mr.T

Shooter
Reaction score
M118LR: Unfortunately, you are in Jacksonville area. If you are ever in the Crestview area, go to ALTUS Shooting Solution. Premier long range shooting facility. I've been to Manatee, it does not come close to ALTUS. They have two National Precision Match annually (Pro Shooters show up for it). It is a private club. If you are in the area, bring your toys, I'll take you. We have rocks, truck, SUV, moving tgt, Buses, etc out beyond 1K yd. https://www.facebook.com/altusshooting

M118LR

Marksman
Reaction score
M118LR: Unfortunately, you are in Jacksonville area. If you are ever in the Crestview area, go to ALTUS Shooting Solution. Premier long range shooting facility. I've been to Manatee, it does not come close to ALTUS. They have two National Precision Match annually (Pro Shooters show up for it). It is a private club. If you are in the area, bring your toys, I'll take you. We have rocks, truck, SUV, moving tgt, Buses, etc out beyond 1K yd. https://www.facebook.com/altusshooting

Mr.T, Your offer humbles me. As to my toy's, Can I bring the TAC-50 and shall it be allowed? Do I need to scale down to the .300 Win Mag? Or is the ALTUS Shooting Solution Range limited to .308 Win like all the Military Courses I currently shoot? About the toys that those National Precision Match NRA folks field? There are serious NRA restrictions about the toys taken to the range. But I appreciate your offer and await the Rules of the Range response. Thank You.

PS. is there any problem if I wheel my spouse to the firing line if she is sporting double ear protection? There are other restrictions that Care Givers need to consider. She won't be a participant, but I may not be able to play if I can't take her with me. Just a Thought.

Last edited:

Mr.T

Shooter
Reaction score
Mr.T, Your offer humbles me. As to my toy's, Can I bring the TAC-50 and shall it be allowed? Do I need to scale down to the .300 Win Mag? Or is the ALTUS Shooting Solution Range limited to .308 Win like all the Military Courses I currently shoot? About the toys that those National Precision Match NRA folks field? There are serious NRA restrictions about the toys taken to the range. But I appreciate your offer and await the Rules of the Range response. Thank You.

PS. is there any problem if I wheel my spouse to the firing line if she is sporting double ear protection? There are other restrictions that Care Givers need to consider. She won't be a participant, but I may not be able to play if I can't take her with me. Just a Thought.

300WM is fine, but I have to chx with Range manager on the .50BMG. Plz stand by. ALTUS folks are off until Tuesday. None shooting participant are welcome. Eyes Ears protection requirements applied. There are range rules to follow as well. As a guess, you and yours will be accompany by me (member) at all time. Except bathroom, LOL. You can bring pistols, Airsoft BB Gun, etc. We can go to any pistol/rifle bay (AR15/AR10), roof top connex, or any long range shooting areas (move around) all we wants. Most of the time the range have no more than 15 people at a time. Pretty cool for a 150+ acres range. If you looks at the pictures on their media sites, various sizes steel target already set out & ready for you. No green tip or armor piercing rounds are permitted. Have you looked their website? They are specialize in custom Long Range rifle as well. Let me know well in advance when you think you'd like to visit. I compete almost every weekend. Mostly USPSA, Steel Challenge, CQB Combat, 2gun and 2gun matches. My team mates and I travel to MS, AL, GA and S FL. I have LR stuff but, don't compete in LR match (only NRL22 from time to time). Note; It is in the middle of national forest; hence, no cell phone signal.

Toggle Sidebar
Top Bottom