Patriot Mobile

Seriously, Would You Sell this Guy a Fire Arm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately he does look like someone that's made horrible decisions in life but that's my belief of anyone with facial tats....BUT kinda hard to refuse to sell products to freaks or geeks based on their looks. His dad is going to be pinched cause he signed for him to get the firearm after all the red flags that were thrown up. He's already confessed so save alot of money and just have an execution.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately he does look like someone that's made horrible decisions in life but that's my belief of anyone with facial tats....BUT kinda hard to refuse to sell products to freaks or geeks based on their looks. His dad is going to be pinched cause he signed for him to get the firearm after all the red flags that were thrown up. He's already confessed so save alot of money and just have an execution.
    No death penalty in IL.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    No death penalty in IL.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    And that's the reason why there are 20 murders every day and night there. Guns aren't the reason. It's the lack of substantial consequences like a death penalty

Blue Eye Buck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The boys family and society failed the mass shooter. He posted on social media prior to the shooting he was going to kill people with knives. He also attempted suicide and many run ins with the police. Obviously mental health issues! He cried out for help with no response before carrying out his mass killing’s plan. At some point, if the murderers are living at home, the parents need to take some responsibility for their actions.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At some point, if the murderers are living at home, the parents need to take some responsibility for their actions.

Yes, this seemingly is becoming a theme. If true, family should be sued into the dirt in a civil suit. That might make some with wacked out family members think twice about how they coddle them in the future.

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just questioning your title... assuming he could pass a background check, are you saying someone should limit his constitutional right to own a firearm based on... looks? Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and whoever sold him a firearm, Obviously wouldn't, knowing what we know now... but. Just wondering what point you're trying to make.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    FWIW. IT IS LEGAL to decline a transaction based on someones "look". What is illegal is declining a transaction based on race, sex or religion(or lack there-of). Also. If you are in a transaction, talk to people. Quite often, people are happy to talk about their plans. Especially if they have been focused on it....JS.

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The boys family and society failed the mass shooter. He posted on social media prior to the shooting he was going to kill people with knives. He also attempted suicide and many run ins with the police. Obviously mental health issues! He cried out for help with no response before carrying out his mass killing’s plan. At some point, if the murderers are living at home, the parents need to take some responsibility for their actions.
    R U suggesting the family do what the community refused to? Our mental health intervention system has been hijacked by addicts, drunks and the homeless.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW. IT IS LEGAL to decline a transaction based on someones "look". What is illegal is declining a transaction based on race, sex or religion(or lack there-of). Also. If you are in a transaction, talk to people. Quite often, people are happy to talk about their plans. Especially if they have been focused on it....JS.

As an individual, you are perfectly free (for now at least) to discriminate on any basis you choose in a private sales transaction.

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As an individual, you are perfectly free (for now at least) to discriminate on any basis you choose in a private sales transaction.
    IF an individual can prove you discriminated on the basis of race, sex or religion...you might face some legal repercusions. IE the baker situation.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Our mental health intervention system has been hijacked by addicts, drunks and the homeless.

I'd say "overwhelmed". Far more that need serious attention/treatment/confinement than we are willing to allocate public resources to address.

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd say "overwhelmed". Far more that need serious attention/treatment/confinement than we are willing to allocate public resources to address.
    I've witnessed "troubled" individuals individuals were cycled out while drunks addicts and homeless received 3 hots and a cot, medications etc. I stand by hijacked.

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On what basis? There is no law I'm aware of that prevents it. In rental housing, yes. In sale of a firearm, no.
    LONG conversations with FFL licensed dealers that I worked for. And yes, there are several laws on the books about discrimination BASED on Race, Sex and Religion.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IF an individual can prove you discriminated on the basis of race, sex or religion...you might face some legal repercusions. IE the baker situation.
    Good luck proving that in a private sale. I would tell them I decided to keep it. LOL

Everyone wants to sue each other and most people are freaking lazy nowadays.

Would it really be worth getting a lawyer over a private sale. You want that thing that bad. Just go buy a new one. LOL

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LONG conversations with FFL licensed dealers that I worked for. And yes, there are several laws on the books about discrimination BASED on Race, Sex and Religion.
    That's a licensed dealer. Yes, there are "law on the books" and none apply to private sales.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've witnessed "troubled" individuals individuals were cycled out while drunks addicts and homeless received 3 hots and a cot, medications etc. I stand by hijacked.

The whole corrupt system is designed to "cycle" people in and out and keep dat money flowing! It's a joke. I'm talking more jail here than prison.

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's a licensed dealer. Yes, there are "law on the books" and none apply to private sales.
    Believe what you may, you are incorrect. Pretty much the ENTIRE Legal Code deals with "private sales". If someone walks up to you at a flea market and says I am a LGBTQ+/Muslim/KKK, whatever, and I want to buy an item from your table. IF you decline it based on that, they CAN file a discrimination suit against you. And YES, they do exist, individuals that WILL do that, IE https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterpiece_Cakeshop_v._Colorado_Civil_Rights_Commission. OVER A CAKE. The transaction is STILL governed by the Constitution of the United States and the inalienable rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. This WAS the bedrock of the conversation with the FFL dealer(s). That being said, the ONLY difference in a transaction including a firearm or ANY potentially dangerous item, and a key ability to decline a transaction including these items, is ones conscience and/or what a reasonable person would infer. IF two people walk up to you and one is discussing buying this or that firearm, FOR the other person....well that would be a straw purchase. Of course, it would have to be proven that the seller actually HEARD that information. And I am certain that there are people that would risk their freedom over a couple of hundred bucks..... Happens EVERY DAY. I am not such a person. IF a person wants to buy a firearm and they are twitchy, anxious, etc....there IS an argument that a seller should not proceed with a transaction-the same reason that a bartender legally cannot serve someone that is OBVIOUSLY drunk. Frankly, if a seller changes their mind and decide NOT to sell, that's perfectly legal, UNLESS the potential purchaser can prove the seller decided not to sell after determining the potential purchasers race, sex or religion(creed/philosophy).

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty much the ENTIRE Legal Code deals with "private sales".

United State Code
    Code of Federal Regulations
    Florida Statutes
    Florida Administrative Code

Which one(s) and pinpoint cite, please.

Top Bottom