Seriously, Would You Sell this Guy a Fire Arm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    United State Code
    Code of Federal Regulations
    Florida Statutes
    Florida Administrative Code

Which one(s) and pinpoint cite, please.
    XXXIII 501.
    All of XL..... I mean...it literally says Real and PERSONAL PROPERTY
    and for good measure
    it even specifies in 708 Married women's property.....

Seriously. If you can't figure out common sense non-discriminatory trade practices you are either a bigot or simply a troll.

Last edited:

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Sorry for the concatenation. I consolidated the posts but could not remove the others.

WRM

Master
    If you can't figure out common sense non-discriminatory trade practices
    YOU are the one who said "it was the law". I simply asked for a citation to that law. Don't spout off and not be prepared to provide what you claim is the uber "clear law" on this. I've never heard anyone suggest a PRIVATE sale is bounded by such laws.

Michael888

Expert

Person of interested identified in Highland Park July 4th parade mass shooting​

Authorities have identified a person of interest in Monday morning’s mass shooting as 22-year-old Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III. They said he is driving a 2010 Silver Honda Fit with the license plate DM80653 and is from the area. He should be considered “armed and dangerous,” police said.
    He killed at least six people and wounded about two dozen more from a rooftop perch before fleeing, Lake County Sheriff's Office Deputy Chief Chris Covelli said during an afternoon news briefing. Five of those killed were found at the scene and were adults, authorities said. Another was taken to a hospital where they died.
    BTW The media and FJB call it gun violence. I never ran across a gun that was violent by itself, have you? It's not gun violence, it's criminal violence. They are attempting to control the narrative and the language. Don't let them do it.

View attachment 172854
    I have turned down MANY... Even a couple for ammo.. One got all pissy here on gcgf about it..Then several
    forum members all took a good shit on his reasoning.

Just trying to be responsible.

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Well Florida Statutes Chapter 538 deals with metal recyclers. US Code Title 33 is Navigation and Navigable Waters.

I'll not bother sussing the rest of your word vomit.
    Apparently you have never dealt with a lawyer, a paralegal or even watched My Cousin Vinny. The laws dealing with metal recyclers ARE relevant in the determination of personal property. Because at the end of the day, someone HAS made the claim they are just selling metal. It took less than 5 minutes on Florida's Sunshine website to find related STATUTES by a private citizen. You don't think a prosecutor can spend an hour digging thru established case law? YOU suggested there are NO laws governing a private transaction involving a firearm, and then demanded me cite sources. I cited sources, at JUST the State level, you claim "word vomit", which FWIW is a fantastic counter argument. You actually are making the SAME argument as Anti-gun liberals... Buddy, you wanna be a bigot, you go ahead. I ain't a lawyer and certainly not yours. I AM an American and stand for the Constitution, even the parts that make me support things I don't like. In the United States, discrimination in any form against someone based on their race, sex or religion(creed/philosophy), IS against Constitutional Principles and has been codified by local, State and Federal Legislatures AND ruled on in the Judicial courts at every level of our system of Government. Also. I did not reference US Code Title 33. Florida XXXIII is Regulation of Trade Commerce Investments and Solicitations, I'm certain that was a misreading of my "word vomit" and not a distraction from the invalidation of your premise that personal and private property are not addressed by the law???

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    I have turned down MANY... Even a couple for ammo.. One got all pissy here on gcgf about it..Then several

Apparently that is a character defect nowadays. o_O

Cobrakaiju

Shooter
    Funny how fast you turned to troll and bigot in your analysis. Have a good day, Mr. Word Vomit.
    Bigots and Trolls rarely can make cogent arguments. 12 hours is not exactly fast. At NO point have you made ANY non-perjorative support of denying someone a transaction based upon their appearance. Which really underlines both your motivations and methodologies.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter

And that's how it should be. If for whatever reason you don't feel comfortable completing a sale, you should stop. You cant be compelled to sell something you own to someone else. As @kendive said, its really none of their business why. I decided to keep it is good enough. :)

Just my .02

lakelandmusic

Expert
    And that's how it should be. If for whatever reason you don't feel comfortable completing a sale, you should stop. You cant be compelled to sell something you own to someone else. As @kendive said, its really none of their business why. I decided to keep it is good enough. :)

Just my .02

100% Leaving it up to an FFL or seller to make a judgement call is not the same as a law that discriminates based on looks. If someone, especially someone who deals in firearms regularly, gets a "bad" feeling about a transaction, it is absolutely in their right to refuse a sale. I would have cut off ties with someone who looked like that immediately. Is it judgmental? Yep, but I never met anyone with a face full of tats that had all their marbles. If someone had a Swastica on their face would you sell them your gun? People tend to present themselves how they want to be interpreted, it's not everyone else's fault they see it the way they see it. Of course it's not the only factor, you could look like a marine recruiting poster and be an upstanding member of the community and still be a nutjob inside. But in my own experience, some people really do look like nutjobs, and are nutjobs.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    lived in florida all my life, have seen many businesses have signs up, from no shirt, no shoes, no service, to signs that say if i don't like your attitude, your looks, or if just don't damn like you, then get on up the hell out of here, and don't come back...

never heard of any suits against them...ever

Person of interested identified in Highland Park July 4th parade mass shooting​

Authorities have identified a person of interest in Monday morning’s mass shooting as 22-year-old Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III. They said he is driving a 2010 Silver Honda Fit with the license plate DM80653 and is from the area. He should be considered “armed and dangerous,” police said.
    He killed at least six people and wounded about two dozen more from a rooftop perch before fleeing, Lake County Sheriff's Office Deputy Chief Chris Covelli said during an afternoon news briefing. Five of those killed were found at the scene and were adults, authorities said. Another was taken to a hospital where they died.
    BTW The media and FJB call it gun violence. I never ran across a gun that was violent by itself, have you? It's not gun violence, it's criminal violence. They are attempting to control the narrative and the language. Don't let them do it.

View attachment 172854
    Seems to me he needed a FOID card to purchase a firearm in that state, which his Dad Assisted Him With, Seems to me he should have a room mate in his current housing! SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED IS NOT A SUGGESTION! GOD BLESS AND GOD'S SPEED, ‍♂️ !

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Seems to me he needed a FOID card to purchase a firearm in that state, which his Dad Assisted Him With, Seems to me he should have a room mate in his current housing! SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED IS NOT A SUGGESTION! GOD BLESS AND GOD'S SPEED, ‍♂️ !
    Shall not be infringed is direction to the government - not private sale.

Dads culpability is being looked at I'm sure.

Back to the topic of the OP. Are there some people you refuse to sell to based off how they present themselves?

kendive

Master
    A friend sent this to me. You can se the police there are completely useless. They need to arm the teachers.

Not even sure what school this was. I don't keep up or watch the news at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom