• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am sorry to hear this. I never met him in person but had many interactions with him via this forum. "Short and stiff" will be burned in my mind forever. Those of you that got into any "accuracy" threads know what I mean.
    I will see him in the next lifetime and take him up on his "5 shot, sub moa group, measured centered to center for $200. I'll even do it with my .22lr, hopefully it's not too windy in heaven, then give him his money back.
    Why do the good ones die too early? He was a wealth of knowledge.
    Bruce, I am an FFL, and if there is anything I can do to help, pm me. I get good rates on shipping and no charge for running any of his items thru my books if necessary.
    RIP BROTHER, you are in a much better place now.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bruce, thanks for the long post and heartfelt explanation, and for being such a good friend to him (and others).

Bill was always helpful, and his sarcasm and sense of humor were definitely on the military side of the scale. I know everyone had their different opinions of his communication skills, but I always had a good smile when it dealt with him. Even if I was shaking my head. He was “good people”.

He made us laugh. He made us smarter. He challenged us to rethink and/or reinforce how we see things. He was a good man.

I’m better for having known him.

RIP Bill

Chaps

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Breaks my heart! Bill taught me so much about hunting and life in general. I cherish the hunts we had together And the hogs we’ve killed. Such a loss to this forum and the community. I’m very saddened

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Very sorry for Bill’s passing… he was a friend and a good American… I enjoyed our many conversations on hunting, shooting, & politics… I’m lucky enough to have one of his favorite rifles as he described it when I got it from him… in perfect condition, with a great reloading recipe and a history lesson on what he’s accomplished with it… he will be missed…
    I've got his "Wilson combat made" 10mm carbine. It may be worth something one day.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    So sorry to hear this. I never met him personally, but we had occasional interactions here on the forum. He seemed like a really great guy. Sending prayers out to his family and friends in this time of loss.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    God Speed to you Bill!!

Years ago when the Gulf Coast Gun Forum got kicked off, Bill helped me when I managed to tear up a charging handle. He replied to my post saying he had plenty and come get one for free.

During our meeting, I asked if his username Sawman was because he was in the pulpwood industry.
    He chuckled and said no and that it was referenced to a weapon he used in the Service.
    Got me a education on a M-241 that day.

Interesting man and a good visit.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I was wondering if something was wrong... he was so excited to pick up a couple .41 Magnum revolvers not too long ago. I tagged him on a thread selling projectiles for reloading and he never answered (he was always great about answering if you reached out to him). Sorry to say I never did get to meet him in person.

RIP Sawman.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Never met him in person, I'm sure a few have. Sad to see when the community loses a good one. Hopefully those close and affected can get through these times as easy as possible.

RIP.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I was wondering if something was wrong... he was so excited to pick up a couple .41 Magnum revolvers not too long ago. I tagged him on a thread selling projectiles for reloading and he never answered (he was always great about answering if you reached out to him). Sorry to say I never did get to meet him in person.

RIP Sawman.
    Yep, the two 41 mag revolvers are in one of his safes. Yesterday while visiting his wife and going over things and establishing what she and he wanted me to do, a package arrived for him. From the return address and shaking of the package, I'd bet it was some hard cast 41 projectiles.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lord knows we don't get enough good friends. Sorry for the loss experienced by all who had a connection to him. Wish I coulda met him. I figured that screen name had to do with a squad weapon, and now I know. Hope his gun safe is full and his ammo is unlimited now.

HayesGreener

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bruce I am sorry for the loss of your friend and hunting buddy. I did not know him well but believe he was a fine fellow and patriot. Please pass along my sympathies to his wife.

Top Bottom