• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I wonder if I painted the word "douche" on my targets and steel, (in my back yard),if it would help me feel grateful I don't have to go to a range to shoot? Maybe I would grin whenever I read the word, before I shot.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It’s hard for me as a shooter to read these threads. If you truly enjoy range time, why are you not a member of Altus or at least on the wait list? I’m 1hour 30 minutes away from the facility but somehow find 2 days a month to better myself as a shooter. I guess some of us like to talk guns and others like to shoot them.

giphy.gif

Douche. Class.:rolleyes:

I'm with Little Jack's on this one.

The holier-than-thou comments are Douche-level.

We all have priorities. We all have decisions to make with our time and money. Good for you for going to the range. Just because some others don't as much, it doesn't mean they "don't enjoy range time" or don't "like to shoot".

As for Nate being "better than that" and "maybe having a bad day", why? As if he did something wrong and needs an excuse for calling it like it is?

Meh. We've all got more important things to do and concern ourselves with versus giving each other grief for not being as dedicated to shooting as someone else.

The range officer fudds who "demand" your papers need to show the club rules that spell it out, or show an ATF badge. Otherwise, piss off, and if genetically unable to piss off, then refund the range fees and stare at my ass as I take my business elsewhere, rump-ranger.

As for the "Bro, do you even lift?" lead-slingers, good job. We're all happy for you.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It’s hard for me as a shooter to read these threads. If you truly enjoy range time, why are you not a member of Altus or at least on the wait list? I’m 1hour 30 minutes away from the facility but somehow find 2 days a month to better myself as a shooter. I guess some of us like to talk guns and others like to shoot them.
    I go every weekend 12 minutes from my house, I turn my nose up at you, peasant.
    Little jacks. I will swing by your establishment and introduce myself in person next time
    BAD ASS.png

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    FWIW

Jhunter and I have swapped texts. We've agreed to meet... sometime when BOTH our schedules allow.

As mentioned, tone/inflection are a harsh mistress in the digital world.

Stage20, suggestions for something less harsh? I thought douche was pretty low on the spectrum.

In the mean time I'm talking with my accountant about how the reduced income from my not doing anymore $20 transfers will impact my 2021 tax bracket.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hey now, don’t go talking dirty like that. Or at least wait until after tomorrow.;)
    Not because I'm raising prices.

From all the business I'm about to lose.

As of now, they're still $20 for up to 3 items. Extra $5 per additional serial number.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is why I loved my time in the military, the realm of insults we came up with messing with people would make most of the civilians commit suicide. Thick skin is a thing of the past apparently.

Perhaps my best friend from my active-duty time, we can be brutal with our texts and comments. His wife and my wife share the same sentiments and still have the incredulous reactions of "how can you say that to someone you're supposedly friends with?!", and our independent responses are usually similar along the lines of "what? That's how military guys talk to each other." They think we're pissed at each other, and meanwhile we're laughing our asses off.

But yeah, typed text without known inflection and intent can send mixed messages. Especially amongst strangers.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

i thought they were kidding....
    the world will turn upside down if biden is elected they said...
    they were right...

gun dealers in the deep south, talking about the right douche to use.....wtf? where am i?

got to click my heels together again, how many times ? i can't remember damn it..i could be stuck here...

Top Bottom