• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Saw something interesting on their Facebook page today... a post, that has since been deleted stating that "due to safety concerns, they are no longer allowing pistols with rifle chamberings on the range"...

Again, it's been deleted... but curious if anyone had any information on how they came to this strange decision.

For what it's worth, I haven't shot there for years, and for many reasons. 1 being safety, and 2, range officers asking to see stamps on my NFA items...

Anyone else see this?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The last time I was out there pistols that were rifle caliber were to be shot on the rifle range, regardless of barrel length.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Didn't see it but that seems normal, if I recall ERGC requires the same. Of course their issue was people shooting steel with rifle caliber pistols at less than 25 yds. :confused:
    We can't have nice things...

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They didn't specify what ranges they were going allow them on... I figured it was always common knowledge that a pistol range is for pistols and a rifle range is for rifles, regardless of barrel length. Though, the post made it seem it was an outright ban on rifle chambered pistols... That being said, all they let you shoot is paper targets so does it really matter?

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess the bullet catch or backdrop distance may be the factor here... they have it designed to stop a pistol cartridge, not a rifle cartridge... that simple.

Never been there, but can see that being a viable reason.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I’ve been asked for stamps at ERGC.
    Shortly before I was told to shoot slower because it might be distracting to other shooters at the other end of the range. Even though I had the bay to myself.
    I don’t go to SRSC and I haven’t been an ERGC member in a few years.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ve been asked for stamps at ERGC.
    Shortly before I was told to shoot slower because it might be distracting to other shooters at the other end of the range. Even though I had the bay to myself.
    I don’t go to SRSC and I haven’t been an ERGC member in a few years.
    I really don't understand RO wanting to see stamps... like, first off, I'm probably shooting something that costs more than your car, (but I stole the can) second, all my stamps have my SS# on them and I don't think I want your $9/hr ass being privy to that information.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    how much slower can you possibly shoot?...

Right!! Haha.
    In their defense, I was shooting binary. However, this was before Rick Scott sold us out. Regardless, it was perfectly legal, and its not like I was sending rounds over the berm. The Fudd just wanted to stick his nose where it didn’t belong.
    Still left a bad taste. Thankfully my CORE membership came through shortly thereafter and I haven’t looked back since.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    FIRST - -> I belive that all paperwork,or copies thereof, should always be kept or transported with the firearm it covers. ALWAYS !!
    SECOND - - > Give me an example of just who,and under what circumstances,has the right to demand and see your paperwork. (Do you trust them with your personal info ??) --- SAWMAN

Reactions: Ron

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    FIRST - -> I belive that all paperwork,or copies thereof, should always be kept or transported with the firearm it covers. ALWAYS !!
    SECOND - - > Give me an example of just who,and under what circumstances,has the right to demand and see your paperwork. (Do you trust them with your personal info ??) --- SAWMAN
    I have digital copies of every stamp I have on my phone... and unless you work for the ATF, or you are an armed IRS agent (since it's technically a tax document) I'm not showing it to anyone. I'm not rich by any means, but I've got a good lawyer and I'm just petty enough to make a big deal about it. I'm a law abiding citizen for the most part. I don't need to be treated like a criminal by anyone, especially not some sorry ass RO. lol.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When Ive been there its always been AR type weapons at the rifle range regardless of barrel length.

The range officer has no business asking any questions about any documents related to a firearm. Is he also running back ground checks to see if the customs are even allowed to posses a firearm?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Exactly. That conversation got heated quick. RO was some pony-tail having douche open carrying an XD on a drop leg serpa... I told him to fuck right off for $9/hour... they told me to leave and I never went back. Lol. I now shoot on private land.

good to know that pos is still driving away customers with that attitude.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right!! Haha.
    In their defense, I was shooting binary. However, this was before Rick Scott sold us out. Regardless, it was perfectly legal, and its not like I was sending rounds over the berm. The Fudd just wanted to stick his nose where it didn’t belong.
    Still left a bad taste. Thankfully my CORE membership came through shortly thereafter and I haven’t looked back since.
    At ERGC as a member you can discuss such with the board and attend the meetings. It is very easy for little people having what they think is authority to become range nazis.
    I would ask to see the range and club rules relative to them asking.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    At ERGC as member you can discuss such with the board and attend the meetings. It is very easy for little people having what they think is authority to become range nazis.
    I would ask to see the range and club rules relative to them asking.

Right. And that’s a good thing. I respect that.
    I’ll go back for steel here and there, ERGC itself was instrumental in my development as a shooter. Come to think of it, so was SRSC since that’s where I learned the fundamentals. However, for what I like to do at the range today, and how I like to do it, I pay for and happily go to CORE (Altus).

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right. And that’s a good thing. I respect that.
    I’ll go back for steel here and there, ERGC itself was instrumental in my development as a shooter. Come to think of it, so was SRSC since that’s where I learned the fundamentals. However, for what I like to do at the range today, and how I like to do it, I pay for and happily go to CORE (Altus).
    CORE (Altus). is a little more distance relative driving time for me, but sounds like it could be quite a place to shoot. They speak of 360 degree shooting.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s hard for me as a shooter to read these threads. If you truly enjoy range time, why are you not a member of Altus or at least on the wait list? I’m 1hour 30 minutes away from the facility but somehow find 2 days a month to better myself as a shooter. I guess some of us like to talk guns and others like to shoot them.

Top Bottom