• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    It's ok - as long as you get a Florida dealer at the show to do the transfer for you.

you sir are correct as long as an FFL Dealer does the transfer.
    I was under the impression he was walking around trying to sell a gun and letting people now he was from Alabama

I have only had ATF come to my home once and it concerned a Taurus 38 I once owned and they didn't tell me why they were there other than to ask me who I sold it to? I didn't sell it , my ex wife stole my guns and sold them to who know who?

wildrider666

Master
    Here is a sample of "A PROBLEM" 1400/2:00PM today. Guy on FGT has a pistol for sale.

I send message where is Brinson?

He says "I'm in georgia north of tallahassee. I can travel a reasonable distance to meet. thanks, Bob"

I say Regrets, out of State. Thanks

He says "no problem. but it is perfectly legal for one individual to sell personal firearms to another out of state."

This my friends will put you in jail. PER ATF AN OUT OF STATE BUYER MAY ONLY BUY A LONG GUN FROM A FFL. IF SELLER TRAVELLS TO FL, IT IS STILL AGAINST THE LAW FOR HIM TO SELL AND YOU TO BUY HIS FIREARMS DIRECTLY.

I send:

Bob,
    It is illegal for me to buy a handgun or long gun from a private party of state. It is also illegal for you to come to Fl and sell directly to a private party resident of FL. For you sake, check the ATF regs before you have a major problem.

Respectfully,
    WR

Your not going to believe this. After all the above and I tell him to read the ATF regs he sends:

rdhvrg@surfsouth.com
    3:14 PM (2 hours ago)

my brother, who lives in malone, can sell it to you.

Now you see his email and he goes by "bulletbob" on FGT. He is either a real dumbass, real desperate, or ATF bait (one way or another). Yep, I threw him under the bus, wish he stayed under his rock. When I tell you I don't want to do your illegal deal and you keep asking me to do it one way or another: you got nothing coming.

Last edited:

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Time for some pitch forks and torches?

Screaming someones name out based on a second/third hand story when there may be pending legal issues that may or may not find that person guilty of anything, I would say, is not advisable. I was relayed the story but the information was not passed on to me in a official capacity and I'm not sure the person who told me the story was privy to the information first hand or not. How much would it suck to call someone out only to find out there was a mix up about screen names? No one is in danger of being ripped off or hurt. Johnny Law is aware of the situation and is taking it for action. The original post wasn't to start a witch hunt, it was to give the forum a heads up to not be Ass Holes and DON'T sell to someone they aren't supposed to.

We love our Second Amendment, but what about the other 9 in the Bill of Rights?

I agree with the above posted (fully) I did not elaborate the point that calling people out in the open forum/slander would indeed not be wise,but perhaps putting ADMIN. "in the loop" with regards to legal issues pertaining to their forum would be bennificial. I too thank you for posting this up as a reminder and agree that it is not anyones worry unless guilty,just also reminding everyone that every attempt is made to keep the house clean so-to-speak .

Scrooge

Marksman
    I call bullshit on people who know of illicit activity a on these forums and don't call them out by name. We as members here should weed out the scumbags or be held in the same light as those who are breaking the laws. We need to hold each other accountable or the forum as a whole will suffer.

Fully agree! A little self policing goes a long way!

kendive

Master
    That a good one... I remember my first Class 3 a long 6 months it was...

This

PS...ATF if you are indeed reading this will you please hurry up and approve my latest SBR tax stamp? These 6 month waits are ridiculous and Im really itching to shoot it

Of course they wont catch me because Im not selling crap! Call me the hoarder!

I am looking for a Spikes Tactical Enhanced LPK Little Jacks if you have any?

fireblast2591

Expert
    So if I do a Group Buy to help people out I have to have a person with an FFL to be there with me ??? If thats the case why can I buy ammunition is a store and no one check my ID ??? I though we were still a FREE COUNTRY. (FOR NOW ANYWAY). Sound like someone trying to scare people and make money. BUT I COULD BE WRONG. You can bet that before I hand out the ammo on this group buy I will require a notorized document proving they are completly legal to have it and a DL.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    FB, they are talking guns not ammo, just sayin'

Little Jack

Master
    What Frank said.

I'll do the transfer for you if you want. $1 a round.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Nate, and notarize for $50 a pop?? LOL

M.O.A.

Master
    So if I do a Group Buy to help people out I have to have a person with an FFL to be there with me ??? If thats the case why can I buy ammunition is a store and no one check my ID ??? I though we were still a FREE COUNTRY. (FOR NOW ANYWAY). Sound like someone trying to scare people and make money. BUT I COULD BE WRONG. You can bet that before I hand out the ammo on this group buy I will require a notorized document proving they are completly legal to have it and a DL.

For ammo ? I'm out on that.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Whether you know this or not,

The local ATF is aware of this forum and has been/is watching the sales section.

The laws are out there and they are not a secret. If you don't know what they are, find out. http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html is a good starting point.

If you're uncomfortable selling to someone, don't complete the sale or do it through an FFL to cover yourself.

FWIW

Lets bump this up, nothing has changed in regard to the laws, if you don't know them, you should get to know them prior to making a transaction.

The site has grown quite a bit since Nate posted this, so I would imagine the attention that "we" receive has only increased.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    So how many of us have been contacted for any reason or asked to make an illegal buy for them?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Me either and I am guessing no one would admit it anyway, never mind I asked, sorry

Dan1612

Master
    I haven't either. Learn the laws, and don't break them. It's pretty straight forward, really.

jakec

Master
    Me either and I am guessing no one would admit it anyway, never mind I asked, sorry

i would admit it. i think most people on here would too. i know ive been questioned a ton by the police but never atf. had a guy come to trade a gun for some tires and he brought the cops without telling me. they held my gun for two hors in my driveway running the numbers before giving it back saying its clean. i was kinda pissed on not getting a heads up at least.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    i would admit it. i think most people on here would too. i know ive been questioned a ton by the police but never atf. had a guy come to trade a gun for some tires and he brought the cops without telling me. they held my gun for two hors in my driveway running the numbers before giving it back saying its clean. i was kinda pissed on not getting a heads up at least.

Your gun for His tires? Did you go through with the trade? I would have told him to get bent if he put me through some BS like that (unless it was a stupid good deal).

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Your gun for His tires? Did you go through with the trade? I would have told him to get bent if he put me through some BS like that (unless it was a stupid good deal).

That deal would not have happened.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I am w Ian, it would have been a cold day in hell before he could buy a gun of mine! I better be getting one heck of a deal on the tires...lol

Top Bottom