• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well they may be "off" the forum soon??? I guess it is ok for the Feds to illegally sell guns and not get in trouble?

They would definitely be off of the forum, but those in the know, won't share the member's identity with me.

Last edited:

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It sounds like the same or similar situation to a guy named "Buddy". He used to set up at the gun shows -- even saw the ATF table set up next to his one time... Reportedly, he sold some firearms to a guy in the parking lot who was wearing a wire. Not sure if Buddy failed to ask the right questions -- or knowingly turned a blind eye. Supposedly, they searched his house and took everything firearm-wise, and found some other questionable stuff his adult son was doing in the house...

Sounds like a little dope was In Da House.

Wouldn't a bust put someone in jail? Haven't seen anything in the news....but of course....haven't been paying much attention to the local rag.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They would definitely be off of the forum, but those in the know, won't share the member's identity with me.

I think if someone knows the name they are doing the entire forum a disservice as I don't want to do business w someone being looked at. Of course the word could have been given w no name attached.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think if someone knows the name they are doing the entire forum a disservice as I don't want to do business w someone being looked at. Of course the word could have been given w no name attached.

I am going to see if I can get in touch with the ATF locally.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The sad part -- is that the individual in question knows who they are...yet they continue to post on the forum. Some people have no shame I suppose...:tsk:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been contacted by the ATF on FGT. I ID'ed a scam and posted a warning. Next day ATF agent sent me a msg asking me to make contact. So I did a check on the ATF contact info and it checked out. So I made contact as requested. I provided the info I had on the scam but that was not what they were looking at with that "seller".

I have no problem with ATF snooping on gun forums. What is the big deal? If your above board then you should not have concerns either. Forum is a public info site. If you don't want ATF to have a clue as to what firearms you have then YOU need to consider YOUR OPSEC for your posts and ads. You must also take it all with a grain of salt. We all know that there is no truth meter on the internet. What you say and pictures you post are not sworn statements. I think there is fiction on the net then fact, but I would not post threats hear either.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can remember a situation on the Florida Shooter's Network where a member named gator boy was asking folks to ship firearms directly to him in Homestead, FL - after he mentioned to the members that he was under 21.

He always came across as a little weird in his posts - so most members avoided him. He was able to purchase quite a collection - then got really upset when other members refused to deal with him (I refused to sell him an HK USP Tactical 45).

He went nuts and essentially threatened a forum member through a chain of PMs that he would go "Cho" on him (this was shortly after the VA tech shooting and the guy happened to be Asian).

The member who was threatened contacted the Homestead PD with the PMs. The guy was arrested and his entire collection confiscated after he was charged with making a terroristic threat via the Internet.

Moral of the story - serious things can happen from what people do with the anonymity of the Internet forum.

What you post is out there for eternity - even if done via PM, or if you edit or delete posts...

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I call bullshit on people who know of illicit activity a on these forums and don't call them out by name. We as members here should weed out the scumbags or be held in the same light as those who are breaking the laws. We need to hold each other accountable or the forum as a whole will suffer.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Time for some pitch forks and torches?

Screaming someones name out based on a second/third hand story when there may be pending legal issues that may or may not find that person guilty of anything, I would say, is not advisable. I was relayed the story but the information was not passed on to me in a official capacity and I'm not sure the person who told me the story was privy to the information first hand or not. How much would it suck to call someone out only to find out there was a mix up about screen names? No one is in danger of being ripped off or hurt. Johnny Law is aware of the situation and is taking it for action. The original post wasn't to start a witch hunt, it was to give the forum a heads up to not be Ass Holes and DON'T sell to someone they aren't supposed to.

We love our Second Amendment, but what about the other 9 in the Bill of Rights?

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I call bullshit on people who know of illicit activity a on these forums and don't call them out by name. We as members here should weed out the scumbags or be held in the same light as those who are breaking the laws. We need to hold each other accountable or the forum as a whole will suffer.

I fully understand your point but it is often beyond the control of the Forum Member to post or release this info when there is an ongoing investigation. You can throw the B/S flag if the Forum Member didn't report it AND will not post the info. As I said I had a ATF contact and it was requested I not release any info on the contact or the individual discussed. ATF didn't want me to post the warning either but that was after it was already posted. So don't give a hard time to those Members who restrict Your info due to a higher requirement.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another point -- is that some people today still will not violate the trust when they are told something in confidence. As long as everyone is doing things properly on the forum, you are at no risk -- the identity of the party isn't important at this time. The "heads up" provided was a thoughtful reminder to us all. Should things escalate -- or become public (like the Baywatch issue) we will all learn the identity, at the same time. I appreciate Nate giving us the "heads up" that something had been an issue in recent dealings by a forum member -- that caught the attention of the ATF.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the ATF is reading this post, why dont you get your asses off this forum, and get down to our borders. Leave a couple rednecks with a couple guns the hell alone. There are much bigger fish to fry. Jeez.

Not a good idea. ATF at the Border did the "Fast and Furious" deals that the no one in ATF and or the AG got charged with, even though several people have been murdered with those weapons.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would like to thank nate for posting the heads up... the unique thing about guns is that not only does the buyer need to be aware, the seller needs to be aware, as we are all aware.. hmmm..

rich

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a sample of "A PROBLEM" 1400/2:00PM today. Guy on FGT has a pistol for sale.

I send message where is Brinson?

He says "I'm in georgia north of tallahassee. I can travel a reasonable distance to meet. thanks, Bob"

I say Regrets, out of State. Thanks

He says "no problem. but it is perfectly legal for one individual to sell personal firearms to another out of state."

This my friends will put you in jail. PER ATF AN OUT OF STATE BUYER MAY ONLY BUY A LONG GUN FROM A FFL. IF SELLER TRAVELLS TO FL, IT IS STILL AGAINST THE LAW FOR HIM TO SELL AND YOU TO BUY HIS FIREARMS DIRECTLY.

I send:

Bob,
    It is illegal for me to buy a handgun or long gun from a private party of state. It is also illegal for you to come to Fl and sell directly to a private party resident of FL. For you sake, check the ATF regs before you have a major problem.

Respectfully,
    WR

Last edited:

doc92

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw a transaction at the Pensacola show where someone from Alabama was selling a handgun. Guess that should also be avoided.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw a transaction at the Pensacola show where someone from Alabama was selling a handgun. Guess that should also be avoided.

I would because your just as much in violation of the law as he is if you know he is from out of state.

Top Bottom