• ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That deal would not have happened.

I am w Ian, it would have been a cold day in hell before he could buy a gun of mine! I better be getting one heck of a deal on the tires...lol

Yep! I would have probably come up with some creative expletives to blurt out and had him remove himself from my property.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Your gun for His tires? Did you go through with the trade? I would have told him to get bent if he put me through some BS like that (unless it was a stupid good deal).

yea i got a set of new $1300 42x18x16.5 super swampers on rims for a $200 gun. still though what a dick!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yea i got a set of new $1300 42x18x16.5 super swampers on rims for a $200 gun. still though what a dick!

I don't think that I'd have been able to turn down that deal either, but yeah, what a dick. I wouldn't have been very happy about the whole situation for sure. Did you have them run the numbers on the tires to make sure they weren't hot?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I would have hoped for the hottest day of the year and told them I would be inside staying cool until they were done dicking around.
    It shouldn't take 2 hours to run the numbers. I've had LE do it a few times when I lived in Albuquerque in the early 90s. One time they showed up on BLM land I was shooting on and wanted to run the numbers; it too them about 15 minutes to do 5-6 guns. They were cool about it and just investigating a noise complaint. I didn't know it at the time but where I was at was also where gang bangers liked to go and blast.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    the cop checked us both out so he was good. the gun was prob worth about $500 but i only had $200 in it. good deal for me either way.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wouldn't have thought the cops would have shown up for a simple swap involving a gun, just because someone requested it. :crazy:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sounds like a "stand by to assist" call. Never heard of one just like it, but folks will call for the damndest reasons. Maybe he was uncomfortable receiving a gun from an unknown source, could see that leading to a call for assistance.

Top Bottom