Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Jasper850

Shooter
    Item Location
    Pea Ridge
    Price
    $1500
    Posting for my father-in-law. I tried to talk him out of it… Price is based on his research on online sales and auctions. 45XXX serial number (shows date to be between 1933-1935 model, there is no s preceding the numbers) pre-war 38/44 HD (“N” frame) revolver. All factory bluing, and all numbers match. Does show some minor wear as would be expected on a 90ish year old gun. I’m not much on revolvers, especially old ones, but it appears to be in great condition and well taken care of. He has zero paperwork for history but he got it from his dad, who got it from his uncle, who was believed to be the original owner. He has no interest in trades. Any questions just let me know and I’ll do what I can to get answers.

Attachments

• IMG_6054.jpeg
      IMG_6054.jpeg
      4.3 MB · Views: 76
    • IMG_6055.jpeg
      IMG_6055.jpeg
      4.1 MB · Views: 75
    • IMG_6058.jpeg
      IMG_6058.jpeg
      2.8 MB · Views: 63
    • IMG_6061.jpeg
      IMG_6061.jpeg
      2.8 MB · Views: 60
    • IMG_6057.jpeg
      IMG_6057.jpeg
      2.8 MB · Views: 49
    • IMG_6060.jpeg
      IMG_6060.jpeg
      2.6 MB · Views: 48
    • IMG_6062.jpeg
      IMG_6062.jpeg
      1.5 MB · Views: 41
    • IMG_6065.jpeg
      IMG_6065.jpeg
      933.9 KB · Views: 64

boatbum101

Marksman
    Join the S&W Forum ( it's free ) & post this in the classifieds . National exposure to a bunch of S&W loonies w/ no commission . With your detailed pics it'd go lot quicker than around here . Collector guns are a niche market & prices are all over for less than 96%+ guns , lack of original box , papers ( especially on a pre-war gun ) . Scarcity & condition dictate prices along with market demand . IMHO w/o a bigger audience your doing the gun no justice . Sincerely hope this helps & GLWS .

Jasper850

Shooter
    I definitely appreciate the information. I’ll give it a shot over there as well. I tried to convince him to track down owner history, get the paperwork from S&W, etc. It’s just not something he was interested in.

boatbum101

Marksman
    I definitely appreciate the information. I’ll give it a shot over there as well. I tried to convince him to track down owner history, get the paperwork from S&W, etc. It’s just not something he was interested in.
    With the price of a factory letter now I would not waste the money . Now with a rare model / configuration & / or being able to tie gun to a famous person / police dept / branch of the military then it's a good idea . The Heavy Duty's were quite popular with LE & could shoot the hotter 38-44 loads w/o issue . Since they were built on the big N-frame with the same heat treating as the Registered Magnum many were reamed out to accept the longer 357 ammo . which destroys collector value . Since they were a big heavy gun chambered in 38 special post-war sales suffered & the model was dropped .

Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom