• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It will probally be broadcast live somewhere when it comes to trial. I watched the Zimmerman trial and they get pretty damn boreing before they end.

Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hardly cause to kill a man let alone discharge a weapon in a crowded theater, you have to be pretty sick to do that in the first place.

I'll agree with that Frank. But I think I wouldn't have let thrown popcorn be the end of it. After the movie, Battery would have occured. Might have gotten a buttkickin, but he would have thought twice about throwing popcorn on the next person.....Now this is all assuming that I would say something to someone about texting. How damn loud was Oulson texting? Was Reeves aggerevated by the noise or was it Reeves just couldn't stand someone wasn't obeying a theater rule...

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Why do so many of these cases keep popping up in florida? You guys need to relax. :tongue:

Good one, but when I watch the news channel 5 seems like Mobile area is murder capital of the south? although it always seems to be ganster related black on black? I just wish we could all get along.[/QUOTE]

but at the end of the year they report that crime is down?

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The key is Mobile AREA. Exclude Prichard and it's not so bad.

Several Mobile PD supervisors were demoted in 2013 for falsifying reports to make their precincts look better.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    What I don't understand is what business was it of his that the guy was texting? Texting wouldn't bother me, talking on the phone would bother me.
    Apparently the old guy had a complex where he thought he was still in charge of policing everybody.
    Just wait until everybody starts talking on the airlines. There's going to be all kinds of assaults.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah and I bet those officers made that decision all on their own.

Well there is a new Police Cheif & Mayor as well.

I lived in Atlanta for 15 years but was raised here. I feel like I am more likely to be a victim of a thief here then I ever was there. Part of the problem is the amount of poverty here, the other is the have & the have nots live so close together. In Atlanta there is more geographic separation by sheer distance between good & bad neighborhoods.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If that is the case, maybe Oulson deserved it..well didnt deserve getting shot, but damn sure deserved a good pistol whipping. Seems like Oulson wanted to continue the engagement. There has to be some point where the Grown-up inside of you steps up and you concede...especially in an instance like this.

everyone keeps saying Oulson was a kind a man and a few said he was not quick to anger...Then why did throw the popcorn or continue the argument.

The first blurb I was read made it seem as if Reeves stuck his nose where it didn't belong and got pissed when told to go get bent. But the articles I have read this afternoon are all kinda saying the same thing...

Oulson was texting. Reeves said something to him. Oulson didn't quit. Reeves told management. Upon reeves' return, Oulson continued the engagment and antagonized him about going to managment. Reeves returned words. Oulson threw the bag of popcorn at Reeves. Reeves reacted and shot.

I wish I could hear the trial on this.

I hope this was just some random thoughts typed out without much thought. I know I am of guilty of that myself.

"There has to be some point where the Grown-up inside of you steps up and you concede...especially in an instance like this."

^ This comment goes for both of them but seeing that he is a former cop he should have been able to handle the situation much better.

"If that is the case, maybe Oulson deserved it..well didnt deserve getting shot, but damn sure deserved a good pistol whipping."

^ I completely disagree. What someone deserves has nothing to do with what is legal. What if Oulsen had a gun, you hit him with yours, & then he shot you with his. Who has self defense then?

It's easy for all of us to pass judgment on him from here. I hope that I always have the patients to let Jack Asses be Jack Asses without reacting. For me carrying a gun eliminates my ability to participate in petty bull shit like this argument because of the likelihood of it escalating into a situation where I may have to use my weapon. I do not carry a weapon to win fights or play cop, I carry a weapon to defend my property & myself for criminals.

This cop/vigilante attitude displayed by some who CC puts all our rights at risk.

"Oulson was texting. Reeves said something to him. Oulson didn't quit. Reeves told
    management. Upon reeves' return, Oulson continued the engagment and antagonized him about going to managment. Reeves returned words. Oulson threw the bag of popcorn at Reeves. Reeves reacted and shot. "

That is the basic idea I got as well which IMO does not support a self defense.Not that I have any law back ground. Pop corn is not a deadly weapon. :popcorn:

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope no cop here, and it takes more than popcorn tossed at me to shoot you, well maybe not you but most people....

No( see, maybe I was wrong about the break through) The "Old Cop syndrome", the emphasis is not on the cop part. Just the "old man syndrome". Why did you say "old cop syndrome" ? Because you're pointing out that he was from a older time, when thinking was different, things were done differently, things that don't fly these days. something thast he may have gotten away with in 1944 or 1954, he's gonna fry for in 2014.

Btw, I'm gonna ignore that you said you'd shoot me, for you to even think that, let alone say out loud in public, means you did NOT have a break though. carry on.

Centermass556

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Joe... Yeah it is just conscious stream poorer on to the page without real analysis. Most of my post on this topic have been, as I look at it from different sides.

What I do know and it has been said, is there has not has not been any justification for a shooting presented. At all.
    The old man should go to jail for the remainder of his life.

Last edited:

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I figured it might be, as I said I am guilty of the same.

Joe... Yeah it is just conscious stream poorer on to the page without real analysis. Most of my post on this topic have been, as I look at it from different sides.

What I do know and it has been said, is there has not has not been any justification for a shooting presented. At all.
    The old man should go to jail for the remainder of his life.

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't know,Maybe the old man thought he could get away with it. Cops shoot unarmed people all the time and get away with it. They don't even have to use the Stand Your Ground . Or maybe he was just having a bad day.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't know,Maybe the old man thought he could get away with it. Cops shoot unarmed people all the time and get away with it. They don't even have to use the Stand Your Ground . Or maybe he was just having a bad day.

Not a bad day, a bad life.

You know what, I just had a thought, wonder if he and the off duty deputy went there together.
    yeah and the old ex cop said, in joking, "I'm gonna shoot the next person I see texting."

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

This cop/vigilante attitude displayed by some who CCW puts all our rights at risk.

I absolutely agree. How we are perceived in general matters because we will always be a minority and most people don't give the issue much thought until an event occurs. Many gun rights advocates are completely tone deaf. I noticed a quote from the Vietnam Veteran who the victim fell onto after being shot. He said " who would bring a handgun to a movie". Not who would shoot someone over a petty argument which is what most of us were thinking.

Here's the normal average joe who has served his country and used guns in the past and he thinks just like 98% of America. That's also the attitude one will be up against if they ever have to defend a self-defense shooting in court. The Jury will most likely not think it was normal for you to be carrying and look at it as a potential character flaw.

Training on how to deescalate a situation is sorely lacking in firearms instruction. It's all on the tactics of employing the weapon and not much about how to avoid that in the first place. That mindset probably contributes to shootings like this one. The him or me mindset kicked in a little pre-maturely but when your mantra is "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" it's not surprising.

In the future I would like to ask him how that mentality worked out for him when he is being gang rapped by the savages he put in there. I'm guessing at that point the carried by 6 he was so fearful of will seem like the preferable option.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Joe said..."Why do so many of these cases keep popping up in Florida...?"

Joe, I think it has something to do with the fact that we are now the third most largest (population) state in the Union...just my guess...

I have not seen any comments about what I read in a report online...that after he shot the younger man...his gun jammed, he sat down and placed the gun down...let me see if I can find that article...

As a side not Im thinking of something a good friend of mine that I grew up and saw recently said as a current LEO..."contempt of cop" may be what the retired policemen thought was happening...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom