• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have always enjoyed quotes that make you think or laugh so thought we could try a quote thread. Please add any you like.

It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” Bear Bryant

"We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." Aristotle

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the
    hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."
    Clint Eastwood.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear" Ambrose REdmoon

"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions" Scott Adams

"We Americans are so tired of being thought of as dumbasses by the rest of the world that we went to the polls this past November and removed all doubt." Clint Eastwood

Joe

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good idea for a thread!

One of my favorites is:

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life's path.

- Khalil Gibran

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party." Ron White

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
    —Abraham Maslow

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I too love quotes. Here's a few favorites :

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

In America, anyone can become president. That's the problem. - George Carlin

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Ladies mess with their hair and make-up while stopped at an intersection because they don't have balls to scratch..." - some genius somewhere

fiftycal

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wanted: A woman to marry, with a large, well maintained gun collection, which includes numerous Class III Items and Double D's (DD's -Destructive Devices) - please forward pictures of guns and DD's plus inventory sheet to:....

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Where there’s a will, I want to be in it.
    2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on my list.
    3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    4. If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
    5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
    6. War does not determine who is right - only who is left..
    7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not
    putting it in a fruit salad.
    8. They begin the evening news with ‘Good Evening,’ then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.
    9. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from
    many is research.
    10. Buses stop in bus stations. Trains stop in train stations. On my desk is a work station.
    11. I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
    12. In filling out an application, where it says, ‘In case of emergency, notify:’ I put ‘DOCTOR.’
    13. I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
    14. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
    15. Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
    16. A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.
    17. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
    18. Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
    19. There’s a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can’t get away.
    20. I used to be indecisive. Now I’m not so sure.
    21. You’re never too old to learn something stupid.
    22. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
    23. Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.
    24. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
    25. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
    26. Where there’s a will, there are relatives.

And my favorite is......... I’m supposed to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now.

Top Bottom