• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olecarver

Master
    Humma Humma,, That is a real Long Slide,, Those are used to reach the back door from your front door?? What is the beast an cal?? Thanks for my next venture to try out, olecarver

gameaholic

Expert
    olecarver. yes the Webley is .455 it belonged to my dads great uncle. The Colt (not s&w) was my grandfathers service weapon. Here are a couple more. P38 & a Super Dakota 41 magnum ( made in Italy).

Attachments

• 2013-04-27 07.37.32.jpg
      2013-04-27 07.37.32.jpg
      170.8 KB · Views: 428

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I guess that doesn't turn my crank. Reminds me of gold teeth. Each to their own.

joe

Master
    I guess that doesn't turn my crank. Reminds me of gold teeth. Each to their own.

Yes it's not for everyone. That takes a lot of skill & I respect that kind of talent.

It reminds me of custom fishing rods some of the best work is really too busy for the average guy.

All my pistols are glocks or kahrs so nothing fancy for me. LOL

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Oh yes, I admire the talent.

Donkey_McWedges

Marksman
    You know what those are? All them custom engraved, special edition, over the top gold plating. All they are is a firearm that'll never serve it's true purpose. Like a out of the factory classic muscle car that'll never have enough miles on it to justify rotating the tires. My 2 cents: it might as well be a custom engraved, over the top gold plated, special edition turd on display. Mabe I can't appreciate the work that goes into it to make it look that way, but I damn sure appreciate every gun I ever pulled the trigger and made it function the way it should. I guess guns, cars, and women all have that in common for me, I don't want a display peice, I want something I can put my hands on an appreciate lol.

Hunkyfish

Master
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    Yes it's not for everyone. That takes a lot of skill & I respect that kind of talent.

It reminds me of custom fishing rods some of the best work is really too busy for the average guy.

All my pistols are glocks or kahrs so nothing fancy for me. LOL

I really like that comparison Joe,,,,, but I fish hard with my custom rods :peace:

joe

Master
    I really like that comparison Joe,,,,, but I fish hard with my custom rods :peace:

No doubt! I feel a well built custom rod will outlast & outperform any store bought rod. I just build for fun not for money. It has been a year or so since I have even built one. Would love to see some of your work some time.

I would hope who ever spent the money to have a master engraver work on a pistol would chose a weapon as well made as the art that went on it. Who know though. I would hate to know how many hours the engraver has in that pistol. To me it is work of art.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    My Spin on Fancy pants pretty guns. I don't even like two tone guns. I see no place for gold on a firearm (including the gold triggers browning did for years).
    I can appreciate the talent and fine result of great classic engraving. This does not include the"Special edition" crap like is done to death with the 30-30. I see beauty in the fine mechanical function and design of firearms. Forearms are just a tool for specific jobs. All that said, I would love to have that pretty 1911 AND I would shoot the hell out of it if it turned out to be accurate. If dependable, it might find its way into my Tux at a special event. Would I pay more for it then a plain jane: Nope, but gifts are fine and so are inheritances! LOL

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Duracoated my wife's LCP this weekend. She hates pink on guns, but she likes the "Tiffany blue." This was as close as I could get.

Forgive the cell phone picture.

She decided she wanted me to paint the slide and polish the barrel. I think it looked better before.

20130427_115326_zpsb7a346a2.jpg

Last edited:

ksenter

Master
    unfortunately, I agree. Looked better before. To each their own however. If it makes her like it more, and want to shoot more, than I'm all about it!

Top Bottom