• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I understood at that second what the term "points naturally" means.

It's best to stay away from them. If you are one of us that love the feel of a 1911, then you will get hooked. They are as addictive as dope and women. At one time I sold them all off and I went through withdrawal for several years until I picked up another one. I'm lucky. Just keeping one keeps me pacified most of the time.

olecarver

Master
    JohnAl, I would like to try one of these 1911 s everyone talks about,, What should a fella look for in a good dependable 1911 to keep an to hold an Love forever???? Might dig in my toy box for something to trade

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Duracoated my wife's LCP this weekend. She hates pink on guns, but she likes the "Tiffany blue." This was as close as I could get.

Forgive the cell phone picture.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    T J 1618,,, She should like that, come out nice...

She really likes it. She was out of town most of the weekend and I surprised her with it yesterday afternoon when she got home.

It didn't come out as perfect as I would have liked, but not too bad considering it was my first time using it and it came out pretty heavily. I used the "Shake 'N Spray" kit from Lauer Custom Weaponry. It worked very well and wasn't very expensive.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    JohnAl, I would like to try one of these 1911 s everyone talks about,, What should a fella look for in a good dependable 1911 to keep an to hold an Love forever???? Might dig in my toy box for something to trade

Any of the name brands, Colt, etc. Rock Island has a following. Right now my favorite is STI. Buds gun shop has some turkish made 1911s for around 400 but I don't know anything about them.

Champ62

Master
    Any of the name brands, Colt, etc. Rock Island has a following. Right now my favorite is STI. Buds gun shop has some turkish made 1911s for around 400 but I don't know anything about them.

Here's one of my Rocks

Here's another Rock, bedtime reading

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    from the link WR posted said:
    STI Spartan

The last entry in this category is the gun I’ve mentioned a few times already, and that’s the STI Spartan. Its yet another 1911 built in the Philippines by Armscor, but this time fitted with STI small parts. While its not the prettiest 1911 in the world, it makes up for it in its ability as a shooter. I have a good number of rounds through this gun and have recommended the Spartan to countless people in the time I’ve owned it. The sights are well done and visible, with an orange fiber optic up front and an adjustable target sight at the rear. It comes standard with a full-length guide rod and a rather dull parkerized finish. Roll markings are fine with “STI Spartan” on the left side of the slide and a blank right side. Grips are checkered double diamond. I find the plastic trigger very crisp for a $650 1911 and no movement can be detected between the slide and frame. A downside is the plastic mainspring housing, though it is chamfered to eliminate the sharp corner. I’ve made it clear over the last couple of years that this model has my vote as the best entry level 1911 on the market. However, the recent additions by Desert Eagle and Ruger have really given the Spartan some competition. Of course, the more the merrier. There's room for three at the top.

This 1911 uses no firing pin safety.

Unloaded weight: 38.2oz

Slide: Extruded carbon steel

Frame: Cast carbon steel

Country of origin: Philippines

Approximate 2011 street price: $650

http://www.stiguns.com/the-sti-spartan-v-2/

Note that they have changed the name to Spartan V designating the 5" barrel length.

That's what I have. Super trigger from the factory. The only ammo it doesn't like is Hornady Critical Defense with the funky bullet shape. It shoots them fine but will not feed the first one manually, either slingshot or dropping the slide. I have fed it all other kinds of cheap and expensive ammo without a bobble.

spartanV-1.jpg

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Yep. That's why they make different style sights, big boobs, little boobs, tall wimmen, short wimmen.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    LOL No but I have been told I sound like Sam Elliot.

ted-hurst

Master
    Here's my 2.

AR pistol in 7.62x39 and Magnum Research Lone Eagle in .308

DSC00176.jpgimagesCA6OQ8KE.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00176.jpg
      DSC00176.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 384
    • imagesCA6OQ8KE.jpg
      imagesCA6OQ8KE.jpg
      7.2 KB · Views: 389

gameaholic

Expert
    Here are a couple of mine. A 1915 webley mkvi and a 1923 colt army special2013-04-26 15.31.11.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-04-26 15.31.11.jpg
      2013-04-26 15.31.11.jpg
      144.6 KB · Views: 350

olecarver

Master
    Hey Ted,, What are you feeding that Lone Wolf?? May I ask,, Ive knida like the idea of a 08 pistola, just havent seen you out at the clay pit in a spell to see it in action. Tom an Tom from E.R.M.L. Thanks
    ( gameaholic ) I love S@W s but if it came to down an dirty,,, The Webley is chambered in 455 That dog will hunt when needed, Been there an done that. Slow heavy load but hits hard,,, Nice looking set may I say ,, olecarver

Top Bottom