• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When I was moving to the area from TX I was warned Pensacola was a cesspool in 2000, too many shades of gray if you will. Move to the outlying areas if you must but no where close. I think drugs and gangs are the cause, if one is developed others move it to fight for territory. Every town or city of any size goes through this and the incident are growing with the discontent of the obama regime, their law breaking leads others to think they don't have to follow the law either. Now with areas of the country legalizing drugs it will only get worse, funny to me, cigarettes are a bad thing but "smoking dope" is a good thing...go figure, ironic I say

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People still do heroin?

Yep

This is from May of this year.

http://www.northescambia.com/2014/05/major-escambia-county-heroin-distribution-ring-busted

The investigation was initiated after law enforcement observed an influx of narcotics related crime and suspicious deaths attributed to heroin. The investigation is ongoing and additional arrests are expected.

This is the same guy arrested in August back to distributing.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/florida/2014/08/08/alleged-heroin-kingpin-rearrested/13771193/

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, I'm aware of that case. That's one small group of people. In comparison to the amount of active meth labs, and distributors of cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana, , and miscellaneous pharmaceuticals heroin remains pretty exclusive.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, I'm aware of that case. That's one small group of people. In comparison to the amount of active meth labs, and distributors of cocaine, crack cocaine, marijuana, , and miscellaneous pharmaceuticals heroin remains pretty exclusive.

Completely agree that meth is a much larger problem; probably the largest problem.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the recent uptick in violent crime is largely due to heroin increases in the area. Years ago when I worked in the mental health/substance abuse treatment field, I had a lot of patients tell me that they had settled here to get clean from heroin addiction because there was little heroin to be found here. It was apparently difficult to find the dealers and distributors. Unorganized and generally not in demand. Over the last five years that seems to have changed. From what I've heard, heroin is now a major problem in Escambia.

Im sorry, but having been in LE for 14 years, everyday of that on the road (never rode a desk), and now my primary function is hunting dope (K9), I can count the times Ive seen heroin on 1 hand.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Long Time no postie ....

I am sure most of you are familiar with " SpotCrime.com ".....it is not the Bible of reports,,,,but if you go on there ...sign up....it will give you frequent reports of most all crimes within 25 miles of your location..the map....a picture of general location etc.....And What the crime was....informative for general info as to at least where the concentration of crime and types of crimes...Seems like " Shootings & Vandalism " crimes are on the rise.....Plus just crimes in general....And yes....it is up everywhere...I have friends who live in the Mobile area....I wouldn't get out of the "Electric Chair " to go live in Mobile !!!

I am having some work done to my house and then it will be listed....I am headed back up to mid state Alabama....I have had just about enough of this place.......

3rdown110yds2go

I had a long drawn out reply, but I figured best to delete it.

Its not just Pensacola. Its the Country as a whole changed..................

Oddly they were talking about it on ARF tonight.......
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1667841_Do_you_feel_safer_now_than_in_2007__pre_Obama__.html

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Pretty crazy... the chick in the article actually overdosed and died a few months ago. I used to date her a bit back in high school... Gorgeous girl from a great family, never got into trouble. I hadn't talked to her in several years, and saw this article when it first came out. Crazy to think how stupid decisions will effect your life. It ended up taking hers. Sad.

As far as Pensacola being a shithole, yeah, most of it is... but what town in this country isn't? East hill, and spanish trail are nice, but still have their share of home invasions.

I just recently moved from East Hill to Woodridge Manor off dogtrack/98... I love it. Everyone seems nice, always people outside and haven't seen anything sketchy to speak of.

In my line of work, I drive all over Escambia/Santa Rosa county... I've spent a lot of time in Truman Arms and other HUD compounds... I carry every day, and usually 2 guns when I know I'm going there... you wanna see a nervous white boy in the middle of the day... son. That place is scary.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    As far as Pensacola being a shithole, yeah, most of it is... but what town in this country isn't? East hill, and spanish trail are nice, but still have their share of home invasions.

I just recently moved from East Hill to Woodridge Manor off dogtrack/98... I love it. Everyone seems nice, always people outside and haven't seen anything sketchy to speak of.

I lived in East Hill for years. It's not bad at all, but being so close to "The Hood" always made me uneasy as all it takes is a bit of inclement weather to unleash the savages.

I lived off dogtrack when I was in flight school years ago. It's not bad out there at all. Nothing fancy, but there were nice people there and I felt pretty safe.

I'm in Cantonment now. I feel pretty good out here. Probably safest out of everywhere I've lived in the area so far.

Next stop is Spanish trail. It's very nice, but I have heard of a couple of break-ins. Naturally, savages get desperate and do stupid sh!t. Fortunately, because of my work, I'm usually either with my kids, or a couple of blocks away when they're at school. May God pity the soul of the desperate bastard(s) that decide to touch my house, either when we're in it or should they be found in it (as has happened in a couple of break-ins), better retreat and turn around and run as fast as they can on lay down on their belly with their hands on their head. If any movement is made toward me or my family, a Hornady 230 gr 45acp +p to the A zone will be the end of that.

Regardless of where you live, not carrying, having a home plan and training is a poor and irresponsible choice. JMO.

Top Bottom