• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I suspect Pcola may be bad but it ain't THAT bad compared to other places. My parents came from NE Tennessee and that place really was Mayberry until 25 years ago. From all reports I get that place makes here really look like paradise.

The thug culture is the big thing, maybe the biggest. I wish something could be done. Maybe in a couple more generations that group will get smart, especially as they thin out their own herd.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mind if I ask where they live Sean? We are wanting to relocate up that way (Tri-Cities/Gray area) in the next few years but I really don't want to look at any more thugs and if I never see a Caprice Classic on 33's again it will be too soon. Also have an option of relocating a few other places but we really love TN. I think you may have told me before but I forgot

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I spent some time in Mayport, and ...
    yep, the whole jax area's a sh!thole. In my wildest days I didn't care and actually considered it a plus that there was a gentlemens' club right outside the gate. Lol.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only place I felt safe from people was on a manmade island 6 miles above Alaska north coast, had to watch for polar bears!!!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FUPA, my fam is from the Elizabethton/Johnson City area. I love it up there but! My dad subscribes to the electronic edition of all the local papers and sends me articles almost nightly and that place sucks. Bad.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I fish off of Mayport Rd. all of the time and that aint even half as bad as some of the areas around here. I won't even drive in the Northwest area of Jax during the day. But yeah, blew through many of nights tips frequenting the titty bars around here back in the day. Def isnt a shortage of those

Last edited:

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FUPA, my fam is from the Elizabethton/Johnson City area. I love it up there but! My dad subscribes to the electronic edition of all the local papers and sends me articles almost nightly and that place sucks. Bad.

Sweet right in the area we were looking to move to.. South Dakota it is!!!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fupagunt,SD is a great place to live with alot of hunting and fishing but the Native Indians can sometimes be a problam around Rapid city if you live right in town. You propablly already knew there is an Air Force base there.

Town folks are friendly and the town is clean and most of downtown was rebuilt after the flood of 73 I think.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a buddy in Montana. Sounds most excellent ............in the summer.

I spent the first 23 years of my life in Upstate NY, so Im not afraid of a little snow. Only bad thing I read up that way is it is windy, ALL OF THE TIME!

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fupagunt,SD is a great place to live with alot of hunting and fishing but the Native Indians can sometimes be a problam around Rapid city if you live right in town. You propablly already knew there is an Air Force base there.

Town folks are friendly and the town is clean and most of downtown was rebuilt after the flood of 73 I think.
    I'll bring my Peace Pipe ;)

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Was going to say a lot to, but like S-25 decided not to, but try and get a appointment with the sheriff and ask him, have talked to several people that are wanting to take a class. that seem to be having problems and can't get any help in some area's of p-col. This is why I live where I do, I know my neighbor' and they know me, do I need to say any more. Spend over 12 yrs working in the south west part of ES-County, that say's it all, I don't come to town with out. JUST my 50 cents jj

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Spanish Trail. I.was running the trail when it was a clay road. Lots of woods all the way down to the bay and plenty of bicycle and motocrossing land. Should still be a pretty good area, lots of nice homes.

Yep, me too. I lived in Jamestown apartments back in the 80s and used to jog down dirt road Spanish Trail everyday. There was an old farmhouse kind of place not far off Summit Blvd. I used to think how I wish I had the money because I knew it was prime land.

Big T

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey brother we have talked about this before and you and I are in right in line with our opinions. I have bought, fixed up and given away bicycles to the neighborhood kids the last few years to get them off the couch and out side being creative with their minds. Those games are more deadly to the human brain than the e bola virus.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You guys think Pcola is bad. Come take a ride around J'ville sometime and you'll think that Pcola is Mayberry. My impression of Pcola was it was pretty dirty but Jax is just a flat out shit hole. I cannot wait to get the eff outta dodge
    I spent lots of summers outside Jacksonville with my Uncle 40+ years ago and hadn't been there in 20 years. I went to visit relatives over there in 05 and damn it has went downhill since then big time. Used to be only one bad area in Jacksonville and now there if there's a good part of Jacksonville I didn't see it.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the recent uptick in violent crime is largely due to heroin increases in the area. Years ago when I worked in the mental health/substance abuse treatment field, I had a lot of patients tell me that they had settled here to get clean from heroin addiction because there was little heroin to be found here. It was apparently difficult to find the dealers and distributors. Unorganized and generally not in demand. Over the last five years that seems to have changed. From what I've heard, heroin is now a major problem in Escambia.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's not the heroin, that drug remains pretty exclusive. Our number one problem is the thug mentality. All these little hybrid gangs are not only stealing the county blind, but doing all the gangster things they've seen in movies.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom