Patriot Mobile

Pensacola may have a gun buy back program.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    going to ask my friend who is an attorney to go with me to try and buy some. Amazing how much his known presence affects the behavior of public servants. seems like I will have lots of good company here lol

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    $50 bucks for a pistol, damn theives sell stolen glocks for $200 more.
    But didn't state "working or not".
    Mayor apparently just wanted some press attention. Bet he'll be on ch.3 news today.
    It'll look good on his next re-election bid either way, failure or not.
    bendover grover

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Still no details on time and location, but the reporter seems excited.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All of you drooling over "outbidding" the city for the guns, you could've done all those tactics a week ago.

Setup a table. Sign says you'll buy guns for $xxx dollars, no questions asked. "Community service project". "Guns off the street" Good Samaritan. Whatever. Perfectly legal.

You'd get the same response.

How many gangbangers are gonna be suckered into giving up their prized gat for $50? Or even $100?

How many new widows are gonna spontaneously decide to sell/turn-in their dead husband's stash of mint-condition Colts and Smith-Wessons?

Exactly.

HOWEVER, how many gangbangers are gonna go the extra step or two to steal guns form cars and houses etc?

Thanks, idiots in government. You literally INCREASED the incentive for more crime, AND you're using taxpayer money to pay the criminals no-questions-asked.

Ridiculous libtard "logic".

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All of you drooling over "outbidding" the city for the guns, you could've done all those tactics a week ago.

Setup a table. Sign says you'll buy guns for $xxx dollars, no questions asked. "Community service project". "Guns off the street" Good Samaritan. Whatever. Perfectly legal.

You'd get the same response.

How many gangbangers are gonna be suckered into giving up their prized gat for $50? Or even $100?

How many new widows are gonna spontaneously decide to sell/turn-in their dead husband's stash of mint-condition Colts and Smith-Wessons?

Exactly.

HOWEVER, how many gangbangers are gonna go the extra step or two to steal guns form cars and houses etc?

Thanks, idiots in government. You literally INCREASED the incentive for more crime, AND you're using taxpayer money to pay the criminals no-questions-asked.

Ridiculous libtard "logic".
    Interesting point. I had not thought of that. Those pesky unintended consequences keep showing up.

I wonder if they are taking names/ addresses of those selling the guns "back". Would that help if a gun turns up being stolen?

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Interesting point. I had not thought of that. Those pesky unintended consequences keep showing up.

I wonder if they are taking names/ addresses of those selling the guns "back". Would that help if a gun turns up being stolen?
    -----------------
    I just read post above: "No questions asked?" Does that mean they don't to ID the seller? What if gun was later determined to be involved in a crime? They could have let a suspect get away and paid him to do it?

I must be missing something.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Because the government is going to auction them to places like J+G Sales and Numrich

If they take stolen property and resell, sort of sounds like a fencing stolen goods operation, run by law enforcement or government?

Have I moved to a third world country?
    -----------
    Later,
    oh, I see they will destroy.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If they take stolen property and resell, sort of sounds like a fencing stolen goods operation, run by law enforcement or government?

Have I moved to a third world country?
    -----------
    Later,
    oh, I see they will destroy.
    I knew the guy in charge of destroying firearms for the city of Topsham, and he was meticulous. He wouldn't even consider stripping the parts. He said it wasn't worth losing his sweet laid back government job. Of course, I trusted him to tell the truth a lot more than somebody I dont know in a city like Pensacola that has a higher murder rate than DC

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    going to ask my friend who is an attorney to go with me to try and buy some. Amazing how much his known presence affects the behavior of public servants. seems like I will have lots of good company here lol

lets do a table. I want to bring cash and have friendlies to keep us all safe

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew the guy in charge of destroying firearms for the city of Topsham, and he was meticulous. He wouldn't even consider stripping the parts. He said it wasn't worth losing his sweet laid back government job. Of course, I trusted him to tell the truth a lot more than somebody I dont know in a city like Pensacola that has a higher murder rate than DC
    As I stated in another post and thread, I have two S&W Model 41s, marked "US Property," crushed in a hydraulic ram, and a rear portion of a Colt 1911 frame, dissected thru the trigger guard. Someone must have got a warm and fuzzy feeling over that.

Rusty.Nickles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've let some of my friends know that I may soon become a hobby collector of old, rusty, no longer serviceable firearms and will be willing to pay next to nothing for them. If I don't enjoy the hobby after several days, I may look for a place willing to buy them.

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure that I've got several old "Pot Metal Specials" lying around my shop. I'd be very happy to get $50.00 apiece for them. I can't wait.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Update today for those interested in scalping lol
    5BCEC987-A73A-4807-8F36-8C82ACDB18BB.png
    87658ACE-A9AA-465A-AA63-140BEDE788CC.jpeg

Attachments

• 98358D5D-F382-448A-822D-B3B8AB766F7F.png
      98358D5D-F382-448A-822D-B3B8AB766F7F.png
      4.3 MB · Views: 80
    Top Bottom