• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Consider yourself lucky! Always found what I was looking for online $200-$300 cheaper with free shipping!
    Actually, seriously, there was a firearm Very close to what I was looking for and it is $300.00 more on line. I checked. I may go back tomorrow and get it.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The first thing that I look for engraved or stamped on a knife is where it is made. If it's USA it will be stamped on there. If not, it's China crap, perhaps pretty to hang on a wall in the man cave, but otherwise, don't bet your life on it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The first thing that I look for engraved or stamped on a knife is where it is made. If it's USA it will be stamped on there. If not, it's China crap, perhaps pretty to hang on a wall in the man cave, but otherwise, don't bet your life on it.
    Cold Steel, if you gotta have a knife or Ontario.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Crkt , boker, Gerber and Benchmade. Oddly enough I don't own a zt.

I have a carbon fiber ZT that goes everywhere with me- even the ocean. That thing is the best made knife that I have ever had. I am going to buy another and have this one refreshed by ZT in 5 or 10 years.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Just got home from the show.......lots of people there. Talked to one of the promoters...said they added an extra row of tables and still had ten on the waiting list. So many "evil" black rifles that I may have to have therapy before I can go out in public again, LOL. Ammo....prices still crazy. Prices double what they should be. Primers....$25.00 per sleeve. That's $250.00 per thousand. OMG. Good prices on the AR type rifles though. $10.00 to get in. Lots of handguns too. I didn't buy anything.
    I went and found several vendors selling all manner of primers, all under $75 for 1,000. I bought 1,000 rifle primers for a friend for $70, and left four boxes of 100 each still on the table for sale. I called my friend and sent him a picture. He said get the 1,000 and do the "leave some for the next guy" thing. BUT then about noon I found a military guy that was milling around the show with primers for sale $60 per 1,000... a whole backpack full. He was PCS'ing and he couldn't take them with him. And we got them all. Hahahhahahahaha all the way to the bank. I was all over the show for the whole morning and never once saw primers for hundreds of dollars. What a crock of shit! Quit pulling people's legs

Attachments

• 20210626_095751.jpg
      20210626_095751.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 12

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Maybe he saw the future.....
    I saw a vendor with whole boxes of Bowie's, 3 for $20 or something like that. I was tempted. The natives love the iron trade goods, after all. He had a nice like new Old Timer full tang Bowie, too, for like $20. Shrade ain't what it used to be, but for $20 for a solid bar of steel, that's hard to beat

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I went and found several vendors selling all manner of primers, all under $75 for 1,000. I bought 1,000 rifle primers for a friend for $70, and left four boxes of 100 each still on the table for sale. I called my friend and sent him a picture. He said get the 1,000 and do the "leave some for the next guy" thing. BUT then about noon I found a military guy that was milling around the show with primers for sale $60 per 1,000... a whole backpack full. He was PCS'ing and he couldn't take them with him. And we got them all. Hahahhahahahaha all the way to the bank. I was all over the show for the whole morning and never once saw primers for hundreds of dollars. What a crock of shit! Quit pulling people's legs
    No crock of shit at all. I saw lots of sleeves of 100 for $25.00. I know what I saw. I quite frankly don't believe your post.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No crock of shit at all. I saw lots of sleeves of 100 for $25.00. I know what I saw. I quite frankly don't believe your post.
    A friend of mine went Saturday morning and saw primers for $25 per sleeve and $250 per 1000 also. Don't know about Sunday. We are at a point now where prices are all over the place as things are trying to get back to normal. I have seen online where some people are selling their reloading equipment and supplies. I guess because they are tired of waiting and will not pay the high prices that some items are going for. That's just my guess. It could be for health reasons who knows. We are starting to see the first signs of things getting back to normal but it will be in baby steps. At least it's a sign in the right direction! We all just need to be patient a little while longer and if we see a deal, be thankful. Hopefully better times are just ahead!

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    A friend of mine went Saturday morning and saw primers for $25 per sleeve and $250 per 1000 also. Don't know about Sunday. We are at a point now where prices are all over the place as things are trying to get back to normal. I have seen online where some people are selling their reloading equipment and supplies. I guess because they are tired of waiting and will not pay the high prices that some items are going for. That's just my guess. It could be for health reasons who knows. We are starting to see the first signs of things getting back to normal but it will be in baby steps. At least it's a sign in the right direction! We all just need to be patient a little while longer and if we see a deal, be thankful. Hopefully better times are just ahead!

Ron....I went back this morning (Sunday) looking at a gun that I passed on yesterday, and decided to pass on it again today, lol. Ten bucks wasted. While there I checked the primers again, and they were still there at $25 per sleeve and $250 per thousand. Quite frankly, those were the only primers I saw at the show. It didn't look like the guy had sold very many, but he had sold some. The guy selling WalMart target shotgun shells for $50 per hundred was crazy too, considering that you can still find them at WalMart for less than $25 per hundred. Ammo prices were crazy.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Don’t expect much.
    You might find a deal from an attendee just walking around trying to sell a personal gun but not many deals on the vendor’s tables.
    By the time they pay table fees, meals and a hotel room, they really can’t afford to hand out bargains.
    I haven’t gone in 2 or 3 years since they started raising the admission fee every show.
    The last one I attended I did buy a mint 1949 Win 94 from a very nice husband and wife who had a couple of tables. A couple of shows before that I lucked up on a Colt DS from a guy who was in front of me coming in the door.
    But mostly it’s just show and tell.
    The gun show this year was actually really good. There were lots of deals on guns and ammo assuming you knew what you were buying. Bought some 300blk ammo at 1.30 a round, and a wilson combat ar15 for 1700 otd from a vender

Top Bottom