• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Generally (as politicians go) I do like Ron as well. I think overall he’s done more good than harm for the state and certainly better than Comrade Inslee where I came from or complete dip-shits like Newsome (not a high bar to beat).

That said, DiSantis was VERY not impressive in the presidential primary, and certainly wasn’t my first choice for president. He’s okay as governor, but long term I’d like to see someone less into sound bites and more gut-level on the issues.

I really hope that we can create enough social shakeup and dissatisfaction with the leftist takeover we’ve been living through that the next generation of Republican governors and leaders lean back in to the fundamentals of what it means to be a republic of free people.
    I had a lot more respect for him before he:

1. Screwed us on open carry.

2. Ran against Trump when Trump had likely already won a second term in 2020, and regardless was certainly most deserving of another stab at it.

What got me was the people who would say that we needed to dump Trump for DeSantis because: "If Trump runs or even wins, the media will never stop hounding him!"... as if the leftists and media wouldn't do exactly the same to DeSantis!

You know who was pushing the "Dump Trump for DeSantis" narrative? Leftists! (and/or maybe "Deep State"?) And many "republicans" got right in line.

Last edited:

Miami_JBT

Expert
    Generally (as politicians go) I do like Ron as well. I think overall he’s done more good than harm for the state and certainly better than Comrade Inslee where I came from or complete dip-shits like Newsome (not a high bar to beat).

That said, DiSantis was VERY not impressive in the presidential primary, and certainly wasn’t my first choice for president. He’s okay as governor, but long term I’d like to see someone less into sound bites and more gut-level on the issues.

I really hope that we can create enough social shakeup and dissatisfaction with the leftist takeover we’ve been living through that the next generation of Republican governors and leaders lean back in to the fundamentals of what it means to be a republic of free people.
    The issue is with Gov. DeSantis is he doesn't care. He's been mum on 2A issues in the state unless publicly pressed after being pushed into a corner on it. No independent political initiative on his part.

He didn't care during his first term in office that the Republican Supermajority legislature under two different leaders killed a real Constitutional Carry bill.

He only supported it for two reasons.

1. We got him on video at an event where he made a statement to one of us. And he made that statement thinking we were just everyday nobodies. But we weren't and instead, we released it to the media. Which put him in the spotlight on a position.

He would stay quiet on 2A issues, and then we'd corner him on issues, and he'd finally publicly support it after we got him on record. This happened with permitless carry, open carry, and gun free zones.

2. He needed a 2A win for his 2024 presidential campaign. I hammered his office back in January 2021 that I knew he'd run in 2024. And if he doesn't pass true Constitutional Carry before then, he'd lose the Republican primary since he talks tough, but FL is weak on 2A legislation.

The end results of that was that he made quid pro quo deals with the current legislative leadership (who's outgoing) for possible positions in a White House Administration that never came to be. Which is why the 2024 session was a joke on everything. The legislature knows DeSantis has no position of power since he has nothing to offer the legislature.

Additionally, when we released footage to the media of DeSantis making statements to us. His office would deny, deny, deny, until the footage was actually released. Then he'd backtrack and support it.

DeSantis, like everyone else in office will not move the needle unless pressured to.

That's where I come in.

We've made it an issue and lawmakers will only do the bare minimum. As you saw with permitless concealed-only carry. That was the bare minimum. The thing is, I push for the maximum. I know lawmakers won't do the maximum. But I don't give up.

We'll get open carry one way or another here in Florida. Along with repealing anti-gun laws like RFOs.

I'll just continue to make their lives a living hell.

Right now, incumbent Republican lawmakers are running and campaign for reelection. They're championing that they're pro-gun. But now, with this lawsuit hanging over them like the sword of Damocles. They have to now explain how they're pro-gun, while at the same time explaining why they keep killing pro-gun bills.

From what I hearing, Tallahassee is pissed at me for this. My response is "good, put up or shut up."

The Governor's Office, the AG's Office, various Representatives and Senators aren't happy, etc.... all because it makes them look bad.

Heck, the AG is stating she's pro-gun and helped fight against Biden's gun control. Well, now she's in a pickle. Does she defend FL's under 21 ban? Or does she make a statement it is unconstitutional? Because Federal issues for her was easy, it didn't effect FL on her level since she doesn't prosecute that. It was political campaigning with no negative fallout in FL. But now, now she's between the rock and a hard place.

And that, that is how we win.

Themumfordman

Master
    Personally I’m as much a proponent of fixing the 18-20 year old ban as any other 2A issues in Florida. If we acknowledge that at 18 you can engage in contracts, own a business, join the military or get married then you’re an adult under the Constitution, in which case “we the people” applies to you as well. Either a legal adult in the US is 18 or it’s 21, and if you can operate on your own and have a right to vote and die for your country then by God you also have the right to keep and bear arms.

DustyDog

Master
    Personally I’m as much a proponent of fixing the 18-20 year old ban as any other 2A issues in Florida. If we acknowledge that at 18 you can engage in contracts, own a business, join the military or get married then you’re an adult under the Constitution, in which case “we the people” applies to you as well. Either a legal adult in the US is 18 or it’s 21, and if you can operate on your own and have a right to vote and die for your country then by God you also have the right to keep and bear arms.
    What's funny is that I just saw the story about the 18 year-old Sailor who was killed in San Diego a couple of days ago while out on the town. Who knows what led up to it, but most of the comments were something along the lines of:

"What is an 18 year-old doing going out to dinner by himself anyway?"

Holy Jesus... did they miss the part about him being in the Navy???

B52

Master
    What's funny is that I just saw the story about the 18 year-old Sailor who was killed in San Diego a couple of days ago while out on the town. Who knows what led up to it, but most of the comments were something along the lines of:

"What is an 18 year-old doing going out to dinner by himself anyway?"

Holy Jesus...
    Remember that the next time you vote for Senator Scott. He is the traitor that signed it in to law.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    But. No drinking....

Miami_JBT

Expert
    Part of our lawsuit is 18-21 carry.

DustyDog

Master
    Also a good way to thin out those pesty patriots. Keep the bullshit wars ( not really a war) going so they can knock down the big bucks
    BINGO.

I've long been saying that's one of the few things the bullshit "wars" of the last several decades have "accomplished", besides the $35 trillion debt and similar "wonders":

Depletion of the Warrior Class.

Never forget: The bravest are usually the most likely to end up dead. The way Vietnam ended cured me of my military aspirations, and I was only 13 at the time... figured out the game early.

Hell, my father volunteered (Army > Cobra pilot) at 32 years of age in 1969 (and this after joining the Navy at age 17), and he figured out pretty quickly that he had been hoodwinked. Low tolerance for bullshit runs in the family, I guess.

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    I care quite alot about open carry. I want options. So yes. Someone willing to do that would win my vote, depending on their other policies.
    Just like in '04, when I would have voted for Dean, based almost solely on his adamant position on ending the Middle East wars. (Remember? The media turned on him after Iowa... I wonder why? ^^^)

But today? Nope... wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole, based on his current positions. Of course, there's always a chance of being played by empty promises, like when a friend voted for Clinton based almost solely on his promise to legalize weed. Never happened, of course. :)

Madcrazy

Shooter
    Legal open carry laws are on the books in Florida as described hunting, fishing and or camping. But I learned along time ago - “It may be legal and if you are arrested for it you can beat the rap but you cannot beat the ride to jail.”

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    In Alabama I wear a chest rig when home around the house. I do ride to the gas station to get diesel or gas, cigs etc. Nobody seems to care. We're out in the frontier though. Would not wear to Walmart or to go eat. Cc then.

SBE-11

Shooter
    Open Carry is Illegal in the state of Florida. Florida is however a constitutional carry state. Meaning you don’t have to have a concealed carry permit to carry a concealed firearm. Now Florida does allow you to open carry in certain circumstances, if you’re hunting, fishing or camping you may open carry a firearm.

DustyDog

Master
    Open Carry is Illegal in the state of Florida. Florida is however a constitutional carry state. Meaning you don’t have to have a concealed carry permit to carry a concealed firearm. Now Florida does allow you to open carry in certain circumstances, if you’re hunting, fishing or camping you may open carry a firearm.
    I must've missed the part in the Constitution where it says:

" ... the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed, as long as it is a two-finger pistol that can be hidden in your panties... or maybe when you're hunting, fishing, or camping."

Remember: This was what we looked like under the oppressive rule of the British:

Outlander1.png

Now, we have the uninfringeable right... we just can't in Florida?!?

Last edited:

Shootist

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    No Florida is not a constitutional carry state, its a concealed carry without a permit state.
    Constitutional Carry would include concealed and general open carry, not conditional open carry.
    I would bet that there are any number of LEO out there who would love to hazzle and arrest you
    for accidental display of your CCW. I never underestimate the vindictiveness of LEOs.

Miami_JBT

Expert
    FL is a permitless concealed-only carry state, not a constitutional carry state.

Last I checked, the Second Amendment isn't "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed AS LONG AS IT IS NOT VISIBLE."

fivepointstar

Shooter
    Open carry still only under a fishing and hunting, to/from a gun range and to/from a gun store. BUT WHY?
    Give it time and I think FL will be full Constitutional Carry. Personally I think some of the older congressional liberals didn't want to go Open Carry but thats my opinion.

Shootist

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Open carry still only under a fishing and hunting, to/from a gun range and to/from a gun store. BUT WHY?
    Give it time and I think FL will be full Constitutional Carry. Personally I think some of the older congressional liberals didn't want to go Open Carry but thats my opinion.
    I think they are afraid it will scare away the tourist dollars, they could care less about the tourist, they just want the dollars.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom