DK Firearms

Ok I had the wildest experience hunting today......

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sean you typically carry a little 22 short that you shoot your partner that way you are faster than he is and the bear gets the slowest one. I guess w no gun just knife him in the thigh and run like hell!

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought you couldnt carry any firearms on Eglin during archery season?? IDK about the WMAs...

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought you couldnt carry any firearms on Eglin during archery season?? IDK about the WMAs...

You cannot carry a firearm of any kind on Eglin during archery season or in an archery only section!!! This only pertains to Eglin!!! ANy other WMA not on a military installation you can open carry or conceal carry while hunting with or without a permit!

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sean, fl might let this go, but bama won't allow it at all....only during general gun season.
    I asked the warden the other day when I ran into him.
    he said, it don't make much sense but its the law.

OK. So, that means if I go.hunting with you during bow season then I don't need to worry about carrying a firearm as long as I can run faster than you, correct?:pound:

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/15965/handgun-rules-expanded-for-bowhunters/

As the result of an executive order put forth by Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Conservation Commissioner N. Gunter Guy Jr., archery hunters authorized by law to carry handguns may carry for personal protection during archery-only seasons, effective October 15, 2011.

“This change has been made to conform to an existing regulation that allows the possession of handguns by legally licensed persons in any Wildlife Management Area (220-2-.21),” Guy said. “We also want to afford more opportunity for hunters for personal protection and for taking legal game such as feral hogs.”

Effective Oct. 1, new North Carolina regulations allow archery hunters “to carry, but not hunt with, a concealed handgun with valid concealed carry permit or an open carry handgun, as long as it is not in conflict with any other regulations in that jurisdiction.” The change is not reflected in the 2011 North Carolina Hunting Regulations Digest, as it was printed before the law was passed.

In addition, the 2011 archery season marks the first time bowhunters in Missouri are allowed to carry handguns for personal protection. In 2010, Tennessee and Kentucky each liberalized handgun-carry regulations for archery hunters.

For many, the argument for carrying a handgun while bowhunting is simple one, particularly in regions that hold bears, wild boars, mountain lions or other potentially dangerous game. Beyond that, there’s the increasing likelihood for hunters to discover clandestine methamphetamine labs or hidden marijuana-growing operations on public land—along with the dangerous people who occupy them.

Currently, rules regulating handgun use for bowhunters vary by state, with most simply allowing those with valid concealed-handgun permits to carry while bowhunting. Still, at least 17 states continue to prohibit bowhunters from carrying a firearm for protection.

“For many years, the NRA has actively advocated for the right of bowhunters to carry firearms for self-defense while in the field,” said Darren LaSorte, Manager of Hunting Policy for NRA-ILA. “We know that bad things can happen to good people anywhere, anytime. There is no reason that bowhunters should be forced to surrender their right to self-defense every time they enter the field.”

So it looks like y'all can now!

bigbulls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You cannot carry a firearm of any kind on Eglin during archery season or in an archery only section!!! This only pertains to Eglin!!! ANy other WMA not on a military installation you can open carry or conceal carry while hunting with or without a permit!
    You can open carry while hunting, with or with out a permit, but you CAN NOT conceal carry at any time with out a permit. If you conceal carry you must also have your CWP and another form of ID on your person.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ok to clear this up I called my buddy's brother who is charge of eglins security forces. you can Not carry a sidearm during archery season on Eglin only during general gun season and you can sidearm a black powder pistol during black powder season this came straight from the top. Hope this helps. It sure cleared it up for me

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can open carry while hunting, with or with out a permit, but you CAN NOT conceal carry at any time with out a permit. If you conceal carry you must also have your CWP and another form of ID on your person.
    Correct. Should have clarified that point.

Top Bottom