• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's an update to the savage saga. Just got off the phone with "customer service". Customer lack of service is more like it. They cannot tell me when I will see a new one. They are waiting for the Canada factory to make of run of B22 precision's which should be sometime this month but that's not guaranteed. If not this month it will be "sometime after that". They will not refund my money, they will not refund the $71 I paid for shipping either. I asked if they would upgrade me to the B22 Precision Lite with the carbon fiber wrapped barrel. They would do that for an additional $300! Thats crazy since you can buy it in several online sellers for about $200 more than the standard barrel. I told her that and she didn't seem to care. Long story short I might see a new rifle this month, maybe. If not, it might be next month, or sometime after that. As much as I liked the gun when I first received it, I cannot ever recommend a Savage. They will do NOTHING to help out a bad situation.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's an update to the savage saga. Just got off the phone with "customer service". Customer lack of service is more like it. They cannot tell me when I will see a new one. They are waiting for the Canada factory to make of run of B22 precision's which should be sometime this month but that's not guaranteed. If not this month it will be "sometime after that". They will not refund my money, they will not refund the $71 I paid for shipping either. I asked if they would upgrade me to the B22 Precision Lite with the carbon fiber wrapped barrel. They would do that for an additional $300! Thats crazy since you can buy it in several online sellers for about $200 more than the standard barrel. I told her that and she didn't seem to care. Long story short I might see a new rifle this month, maybe. If not, it might be next month, or sometime after that. As much as I liked the gun when I first received it, I cannot ever recommend a Savage. They will do NOTHING to help out a bad situation.
    That's good to know. I'll never buy and definitely never sell another savage. Waaaay too many companies putting out very high quality rifles. Yes they cost more, but I can guarantee their performance.

Last edited:

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    野蛮的武器
    If you're trying to say made in China, no. Massachusetts and Canadian plants. Mine came from Canada. Maybe some of their cheap models are from china, I don't know but not mine. I purposely went with them over CZ to use an American company, might be the last time.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Was it purchased with a credit card? Dispute it! Some card companies will go back quite sometime with a claim. Hate to put it on the dealer, but them bitching at savage might get it all handled

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    115   0   0
    Despicable situation. Based on this thread why would anyone invest their hard earned money into a Savage product again? Not me. I know it is a sample of one. However, that one has a manufactured defect that Savage is failing in their responsibility. It's an example of what the corporate culture is at Savage.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did some searching and came up with an email address for the CEO of Savage. Just sent him an email describing the situation in detail. Lets see what happens.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was it purchased with a credit card? Dispute it! Some card companies will go back quite sometime with a claim. Hate to put it on the dealer, but them bitching at savage might get it all handled
    Unfortunately I used a debit card.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    you have options with a debit card too....but don't burn the dealer

I am beginning to understand why so many folks I shoot with call them Salvage Rifles
    He can lift the dispute at any time. Once the dealer is aware of what's going on they are going to be frustrated. Let them work in your favor. Ultimately I see it as savage burning the dealer, not the customer burning the dealer. Stand behind your product, or at least provide an out. Sounds cliche, but it's the cost of doing business for savage. How many future sales have they lost for this one incident? Here's you're money, thank you. Shut him up.
    Just my opinion.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Did the dealer get the rifle directly from Savage or a wholesaler?
    If you start a claim with the card company they take the money from him (Dealer)...not Savage. He had no control over what was sent to him from whomever. The dealer still had to pay for it so he gets burned in your scenario. I would almost guarantee if you were the dealer you wouldn't feel the same because it would be your money. The dealer doesn't warranty the product... the manufacture does.

I have a good idea that when interviewed by the card company about the purchase...they wouldn't charge back the dealer.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Did the dealer get the rifle directly from Savage or a wholesaler?
    If you start a claim with the card company they take the money from him (Dealer)...not Savage. He had no control over what was sent to him from whomever. The dealer still had to pay for it so he gets burned in your scenario. I would almost guarantee if you were the dealer you wouldn't feel the same because it would be your money. The dealer doesn't warranty the product... the manufacture does.

I have a good idea that when interviewed by the card company about the purchase...they wouldn't charge back the dealer.
    I have some ideas how this plays out.
    Not saying it's right to burn the dealer, but I purchased it from him. Again. Cost of doing business.

1st scenario. Dealer sees the charge back and is like WTF. Most likely contacts customer. Is outraged. Reaches out to savage and asks them to do something here. Dealer is going to be out money that is probably profit for 10 guns. He now has to sell 10 more guns to break even(I am aware this is your point here jester). Maybe his words have some pull with savage because he's a dealer. Savage makes it right not to screw their dealer and noone is out money in the end.

2nd. Does charge back. Savage does nothing for dealer, just like they did the customer. Dealer is sick of it because it's probably happened before and stops stocking/ordering Savage. Savage loses business.

I'm not into screwing the dealer but their network with wholesaler/middleman/whatever has more pull in getting something handled. It may not even be an evasive move or even involve savage. Wholesaler could eat it. This also has a set of issues of raising future costs of goods. Blame it on Savage sucking......

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    115   0   0
    I would insist on talking to someone at Savage that has skin in the game like a manager or supervisor rather than someone that listens to complaints all day long. I can't imagine Savage being okay with this bad, really bad feedback out there in cyber space. At this moment in time the only one feeling the pain is the innocent consumer that wanted to "buy American." The dealer has their money, the wholesaler has their money and Savage has their money. The entity with the deepest pockets regarding "the cost of doing business" of the three mentioned is Savage. Document every thing with names and dates. It will take awhile. Conversations and promises are easily forgotten. Your only recourse is with Savage or your dealer.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    as a local gun dealer I would be hesitant to find something for someone after reading this...might just be more profitable to say I couldn't find it for you.

I will be happy to go to the benchrest match with the OP and let him use my CZ until his Savage came back.

Top Bottom