• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    G43X with a RDS is hard to beat, even with the OEM 10rd magazines.

People forget that more ammo also adds to the weight of the carry firearm.

I don't have an issue with carrying a G19 IWB, but the G43X is nearly 'you forget you are carrying it' comfortable even IWB.
    Lightweight rules! What's the weight on it?

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have changed my CCW MANY times until I finally settled on a G26. The only gun I carry now and I can’t see that ever changing, small frame, large capacity, and Glock reliability.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Lightweight rules! What's the weight on it?
    25oz; G43X with optic cut, Holosun 507k, Ameriglo Sights, Streamlight TLR6, OEM 10 rd mag and 10+1 Federal HST.

It balances well in the holster; I have a G43 and I far prefer the G43X to it for carry. The G43 slide seems heavier and in general pulls it down in the holster whereas the G43X seems to balance perfectly on the belt (same brand / make of holsters, Vedder).

It's quite a difference, regardless of real or just perceived.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    25oz; G43X with optic cut, Holosun 507k, Ameriglo Sights, Streamlight TLR6, OEM 10 rd mag and 10+1 Federal HST.

It balances well in the holster; I have a G43 and I far prefer the G43X to it for carry. The G43 slide seems heavier and in general pulls it down in the holster whereas the G43X seems to balance perfectly on the belt (same brand / make of holsters, Vedder).

It's quite a difference, regardless of real or just perceived.
    The P17 is two oz lighter than the PF9 but I added a Romeo zero. Love it, btw.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I think you see alot of p365s selling because the new Macro hit the market. Myself I'm staying with the XL as it's borderline too heavy as it is with all that ammo. Those extra few rounds may just break the bank on if I can keep my pants up lol.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I'm still loving my P365. It ain't going anywhere. I'm glad that I passed on the Hellcat. The Hellcat is a cool name, but I think the P365 is the better gun. Hang on one sec....gotta put flame suit on, lol.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I was still into SIGs I would look at the P365 now that beta testing is complete and they are 'some what' close to being done with 'new flavor of the month versions'.

I am hoping for a P365XL-MACRO-BEAST-CHEAT-MODE that aims itself soon enough.

:D:po_O

And at least it doesn't fire if dropped or hit with a hammer like the P320....

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'm still waiting on proof of the gun firing itself. Even when they had the recalled heavy triggers that would fire when dropped, the trigger still had to be pulled. It was pulled by inertia of the heavy triggers. Since that's been fixed there should be zero issues with them. I think 99% of the lawsuits you see now are bogus. People just aren't used to no-safety guns. Heck one suit is from a woman cop who had one in her purse. There's a built in firing pin block that requires the trigger to be pulled. The holster, and your fingers are now the only safeties. Myself I like it that way. My XL has no safeties. My m18 however has them and I don't even use them. I may even delete them later. So yeah they had a PR nightmare with the heavy triggers. It should be plenty fine now.
    I saw a law firm made a fancy CT scan or some stuff online that is bogus. It shows how the pin supposedly fires by itself with magic being the main thing in play. They won't answer comments on it tho about why the firing pin block wasn't addressed.
    Other than that I've just seen and heard rumors basically. I'm no gunsmith tho and it's just an opinion. I could be totally wrong. I have a sneaky feeling tho people just are being stupid with guns and blaming others for thier actions, while trying to catch a payday tho. So we'll see I guess eventually.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have no doubts there are bogus lawsuits, but there is no challenge that the P320 as initially designed would fire if it was dropped on its ass without pulling the trigger. Maybe as part of the drop the trigger moved, but that ain't drop safe. SIG covered it hard and I believe this 'fault' was found in the military trials. It was shadyAF as I'm sure SIG was worried the M18 results would get overturned.

Now the P365, I haven't heard of any issue with it.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I have no doubts there are bogus lawsuits, but there is no challenge that the P320 as initially designed would fire if it was dropped on its ass without pulling the trigger. Maybe as part of the drop the trigger moved, but that ain't drop safe. SIG covered it hard and I believe this 'fault' was found in the military trials. It was shadyAF as I'm sure SIG was worried the M18 results would get overturned.

Now the P365, I haven't heard of any issue with it.
    Yes. It hitting the ground on its rear, along with a heavy trigger, caused the trigger to be pulled. Therfore it would fire as if someone pulled the trigger. That's how the safety that's built in was defeated. The firing pin block is basically a vertical wall that stays in place in front of the striker. So even if the striker slips somehow, it hits that and it stops. The only way to make the fringing pin block get out of the way is if the trigger is pulled. Or else it just won't fire. So yes it would fire "without a finger pulling the trigger if dropped", but not "without the trigger being pulled when dropped, it was pulled by dropping it". That's the myth I'm seeing get repeated. If that makes sense lol.

And yeah the 365 had teething issues too I admit. Not safety wise tho that I'm aware of. Just some issues with the quality control on the fin pin. Some early models wasn't up to snuff and they'd break and shatter when used. They fixed it pretty quick and nothing else I'm aware of since with that lineup

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It just new SIG, beta-testing is what early adopters do. BTDT, got the T-shirt. Don't buy a new SIG product for the first year unless you want a "recall" or "safety upgrade". Or if you want the lineup you just bought discontinued without notice.

And my first handgun ever purchased was a SIG Sauer. Still have it.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah. Thing is, let's take glock for example. They haven't had any real issues in past years because tbh they haven't changed anything. Same with typical AR companies, and so on. No ones really changing things up and taking risks. So you either stick with the same Ole same. Or you innovate. Even the AR platform had issues as it evolved into what we see now. All weapons really do. It's just been a while since the public has seen this take place. It's been 1911s, glocks, and ARs for a long while. All have been troubleshooted long before many of us was born. It seems to take about 5-10 years for a system to be fielded and ran thru the wringer until it reaches its final form.
    So do we stick with glock style baby steps that progresses the bare minimal and gen changes are noticeable only to a trained pro basically?
    We're also now seeing new tech being fielded in even the way parts are made. MIM and so on. Lots of things that can fail and break. Also lots of things that can make guns cheaper and more precision made. Depends on who you ask really. Some say it's garbage. Others say it's the new best thing. Guns aren't even made by gunsmiths anymore. Most are now just mass assembled by untrained people.
    I think most all companies are now beta testing with the public. Especially if they're taking risks and making ground breaking new systems.
    I wouldn't honestly doubt if maybe SIG did in fact do rigorous tests to the P320 system. They very well could have even drop tested it. Then after it was all said and done some executive somewhere along the line insisted to put x trigger on it before the release instead of what was agreed upon and was tested. At the time the change maybe seemed harmless. Then in hindsight that one change could have resulted in the chaos. No way to know.
    As far as how they are known for ending certain product lines. There's several ways to look at that also I think. First is the company was failing at that point I heard. They had to make cuts to things that was dragging them down. By doing so they've exploded and become a monster. Then if let's say I had a rifle ok, and it's a known turd. Then they just keep making small upgrades and gen changes, eventually I'd get pissed and bored with it. Myself I'd much rather see them ditch it and do a revamp totally which each iteration if possible. All SIGs have the advantage of holding thier value well. So I'd just sell the old one, add a few bucks and buy a whole new model. Why stick with something if it can be totally overhauled and made better? So I don't get too tore up about that aspect of discontinued models. If it really bothers me I just buy two and I'll have spare stuff. No biggie really.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And you can also look forward to EMPEROR SCORPION DIAMONDPLATE RAINBOW SAS CARRY Models!!!

WIN, WIN!!!!!

iu
    Lmao. I saw my first diamond plate model the other day. Looked like a recycled truckbox!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I've tried the SAS sights in the dark at my buds gunshop. I don't think they even work in the dark. Very odd. Seems like just a bellygun to me

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Fear and Dick waving sells guns. Once they sell a gun the money is gone. So out comes the new and improved one. Then you get guys like me who feel Glock peaked at gen2,3 and all the rest are crap...lol. we could all tote 6 shot revolvers and be "protected" but we always think the next shiny 33rd mag thing..... ymmv

Top Bottom