• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Counter that weight difference by using high quality NOVX ammo. They use hybrid 2 piece cases and special projectiles to get the weight down by like 30 or 40% lower than regular 9mm ammo
    Thanks for the information, I will check that out.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Funny enough they seem to be good little hosts for cans, even tho they're that small. Pretty neat how they breach load too. Neat little guns
    A DA/SA Taurus flip barrel breach loader 22lr was my first pistol I ever bought. A mouse gun on your person is better than nothing at all

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Thanks for the information, I will check that out.
    Civil Defense brand ammo has 9mm hollow points that are solid copper. They're only like 50 grain projectiles and they're defeating body armor even while being so lightweight, because they're screaming fast 9mm

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Need to try one of these on that contraption! Benefit is that it folds the opposite way of the original NAA folding grip

Screenshot_20221006-192226.png
    20220622_183939.jpg

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I guess the ultimate in compactness would be just to make some simple spring operated pen guns. One shot per slid back of the spring. Make them any caliber ya like. Instead of reloading them just carry 5 at a time in different pockets lol. They won't drop casings. They're disposable too. Keep one in your sock if ya wanted lol. If you just wanted simple, cheap, and maximum concealsbility. I've kinda always wanted one just for the neat factor but they're rare and expensive when you do find one. If I had the tools I could pop out a few pretty quick. They're kind of the ultimate assassin guns throughout time.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess the ultimate in compactness would be just to make some simple spring operated pen guns. One shot per slid back of the spring. Make them any caliber ya like. Instead of reloading them just carry 5 at a time in different pockets lol. They won't drop casings. They're disposable too. Keep one in your sock if ya wanted lol. If you just wanted simple, cheap, and maximum concealsbility. I've kinda always wanted one just for the neat factor but they're rare and expensive when you do find one. If I had the tools I could pop out a few pretty quick. They're kind of the ultimate assassin guns throughout time.
    Micro bang-stick anyone? ;)

Many a zip-gun was made in a bedroom, basement, or garage back in the 60s-70s......

Oh, and this post is for entertainment only. No one should do anything without checking with their local government and law enforcement first.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Homemade guns should still be perfectly legal. No harm in those. You just can't sell them without the big gov getting thier piece of the action via a tax and FFL etc. So long as they get thier cut they're fine lol.
    Now if it was a shotgun shell, or rifle, that maybe in a gray zone as far as SBR and SBS laws go. Not sure there.

Hopin4aboat

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife carry’s a beretta 25 in a Gerber multitool case instead of one of the other 10 guns she has but rarely carried before. I guess anything’s better than nothing.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Homemade guns should still be perfectly legal. No harm in those. You just can't sell them without the big gov getting thier piece of the action via a tax and FFL etc. So long as they get thier cut they're fine lol.
    Now if it was a shotgun shell, or rifle, that maybe in a gray zone as far as SBR and SBS laws go. Not sure there.
    You may be right, I too am not sure. There seems to be something in the back of my mind that says zip guns (hand gun calibers) where at least frowned upon because they had no rifling that could be traced back to you/your gun. FWIW, I have a hard time accepting that every barrel is so unique that a bullet fired from it can be tied back to that weapon with 99.9% certainty. That's probably another topic....

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I missed my Glock 42 bad enough, I bought it back from the dealer I sold it to and he didn't skin me too bad, the Glock 43x is a nice carry gun, but seemed to be too heavy for me to lug around all day wearing shorts here in the sunshine state. I put the Glock 42 back on and what a difference is weight and bulk, I hardly know its there. Sometimes you regret selling something you know you shouldn't have sold in the first place, I can live with 380ACP for my EDC and the Glock 42 shoots beautiful.

Attachments

• Glock 42 1.jpeg
      Glock 42 1.jpeg
      659.8 KB · Views: 35
    • Glock 42 2.jpeg
      Glock 42 2.jpeg
      302.9 KB · Views: 23

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    You may be right, I too am not sure. There seems to be something in the back of my mind that says zip guns (hand gun calibers) where at least frowned upon because they had no rifling that could be traced back to you/your gun. FWIW, I have a hard time accepting that every barrel is so unique that a bullet fired from it can be tied back to that weapon with 99.9% certainty. That's probably another topic....
    Yep, all glock and other brands barrels showing the <3D> marking have been tested, recorded and put in the database....
    Also check slides, frames etc for micro stamping, the #'s do not match even on a nib factory gun.

Sneaky bastards.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Well, I missed my Glock 42 bad enough, I bought it back from the dealer I sold it to and he didn't skin me too bad, the Glock 43x is a nice carry gun, but seemed to be too heavy for me to lug around all day wearing shorts here in the sunshine state. I put the Glock 42 back on and what a difference is weight and bulk, I hardly know its there. Sometimes you regret selling something you know you shouldn't have sold in the first place, I can live with 380ACP for my EDC and the Glock 42 shoots beautiful.
    Just for fun and info...

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The G42 has it's place, so easy to carry and shoot - for me the sights never leave the target and putting a magazine full of 380 XTPs into a target is so easy. It has its limitations but for me it still has a place when it's hot.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The G42 has it's place, so easy to carry and shoot - for me the sights never leave the target and putting a magazine full of 380 XTPs into a target is so easy. It has its limitations but for me it still has a place when it's hot.
    Exactly, being in Florida, I wear shorts most of the time and the 43x seems too bulky for me to carry everyday. As far as the argument on 380ACP.

I have always said it’s not the size of the bullet, but where you place the shot!! I have always stressed for those who daily carry to practice and be proficient at shooting their weapons.

I am always shocked on how many times I have asked folks if they ever shoot their daily carry gun and it surprises me on how many say never!! That’s scary!!!

Top Bottom