• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    That was put out once, but I read an article years ago that indicated federal systems do not share information well.

Then I read about this and sent info to mom and step-dad who are in the same catagory:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I heard yesterday that if you are on social security and your monthly payment is deposited into your account,your stimulus payment will be deposited into the same account. My wifes name is on the same account (checking).
    I am on SS,however my wife is not. What happens in this case ?? --- SAWMAN

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Social Security checks do not come from the IRS so you are correct. It is solely based on 2018-2019 returns and how you received the return. Direct deposit will be direct deposited, checks will be checks and if you used a 3rd party for an advance check with the 3rd party because they more than likely have your check. Best info on the irs.gov/coronavirus. It will tell you exactly where and when it’s coming.

bmixs10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was in an email I received from one of my subscriptions.

Stimulus Checks and IRS Direct Deposit
    Remember: Most people don’t have to do anything to get their stimulus checks.

The IRS is using direct deposit information from people’s 2018 and 2019 taxes to send out its first wave of payments, according to a House Ways and Means Committee memo. In late April, it plans to send out a second wave to Social Security recipients who didn’t file taxes but do get their benefits via direct deposit. After that, the IRS will send out paper checks.

I file taxes and received mine this week. My Aunt and Uncle's social security is direct deposited and they don't file taxes. They have not received their stimulus check yet.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Right, thy virtually told me the same even though I paid taxes this year already and sent a check, they had not enough info to issue me a check. SS and IRS computers cannot talk to each other. So I filled out the form and am still waiting...wife got hers as she eletronically files every year.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank, it is tax free. However, as stated somewhere above, nothing is ever truly free.

Tax free now but unless gov (State and Fed) exempt it from being classified as "Income"; you will pay tax on the amount later. If that happens too, their will still be a Tax increase to pay for all the Stimulus Debt. Death or poverty is the only way to avoid income Tax.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Tax free now but unless gov (State and Fed) exempt it from being classified as "Income"; you will pay tax on the amount later. If that happens too, their will still be a Tax increase to pay for all the Stimulus Debt. Death or poverty is the only way to avoid income Tax.

I have chosen poverty, not paying taxes unless I would go to jail if I did not or lose my home, I typically do not even file

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They supposedly reworked the numbers to give you more back in tax refund so you don’t “owe” it back. Only time will tell

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Even that will be fine. We will get to use their money all year,interest free. Then at the end of the year I will simply hand it back to them. --- SAWMAN

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haha right! Hopefully people that needed it will use it for its intended purpose. It’s was nice to get ahead a few more months on my wife’s car note.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Here, Romanian mail order.
    Lol. I had one of these PSL's once that had a trigger so gritty that I could count the grits, take a breath, calm down and fire on the last grit with like a half pound trigger! I was getting dime size groups with Tulammo at 75 yards with iron sights. Mail ordered it from J and G Sales in Arizona

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been sticking mine all into this reloading gig! It's going to the economy and well, keeps me from ever worrying about spending too much money on ammo again! It's a win win!

standles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I am glad some of ya'll are getting it since there was no stopping the give away train. I on the other hand have been deemed not capable/worthy of stimulating the economy just good enough to be a cash cow for the give aways. I feel better knowing the Kennedy Center is safe now. *puke*

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well after giving them my bank info they now tell me a check will be mailed April 24th..our gooberment at work

How did you enter your bank info? When I go to the Get my payment link and enter my info, I get the dreaded "Data not available" message with nothing to click on except and Exit button. I tried to create an account but it didn't like any of the verification options I entered and locked me out for 24 hours.

I had to pay in in 2018 and had them do a direct debit from my acct. Haven't filed this year yet. Used Turbotax in 2018.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah instead of data not available a message was popped up saying you are eligible and the form to fill out was next. I bet if you keep trying many times it may go thru, as they are clogged up now. Not surebut probable

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I got out of the site was that my check was not going to my bank anytime soon. Some remark about my 2019 income tax returned needing to be dealt with. I did file a 2019 return prior to april 15. While social security has my information for direct deposit, I have never given such information to the IRS.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I would be extremely reluctant to enter any bank info.
    To the Feds - - -> you motherfuckers simply deposit it into the EXACT SAME ACCT that you deposit my SS and retired mil money into every month. You got all the God Damn info for that don't you ??
    Lets not make this really hard to justify a whole bunch of federal jobs that pay 75K+. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom