• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is one of my questions I will be asking in the future. What happened that Turkey flooded the market??
    Probably the boom in gun sales over the last few years, when sig beretta and Glock sells out due to name recognition, then canik sar and rock island are still in the shelves/available at distributors.

The Turks have been making cz 75 copies for years if not decades, about 10 years ago tristar had their own shelf of 75 copies at a academy including alloy framed Jericho look alikes.
    EAA has on again off again imported a 92 copy, that now has broadened the range probably thanks to the increase in popularity due to ltt and wilson.
    Beretta owns stoeger and for a long time the cougar was available at 400$ new, with a reputation of being the berettas equal in all save finish.

The Turks just held trials for new handguns to replace thier 75 and 92 copies, which is why you can now find a half a dozen Glock-alike polymer copies available. Just like how the apx, ruger American and m&p 2.0 came out of the us army trials. Again, I think they were ordered by dealers to fill shelves, then when their reputations grew a bit now people are less timid to buy them.

I had a stainless sar 75 for a bit, because it was 440$ otd bnib and stainless(can’t find a new cz with either quality, and the gun was a result of a expires contract with Eaa). It was an excellent shooter. I’ve flirted with a girsan 92 a couple of times, 400$ for a m9 with dovetail sights and a rail....

I’m convinced soringfields new hi power is a Turkish made frame and slide. Springfield is after all the proudest American importer. If EAA’s hi power is every in stock anywhere and 500ish, I’ll give one a try. By the time I was willing to try the girsan hi power, they were perpetually sold out.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've had a walther ppq, a p99, a canik combat executive elite and a tp9sfx , still have the p99 and combat executive elite.
    I can say walther carries the title best polymer striker trigger, and canik isn't far off.
    But I haven't played with the decocker models that were just p99 clones basically. Mainly due to the dead trigger issue from the decocker in the first gen. ( you'd hit the decocker and it'd be dead dead without reracking the slide, vs the p99 you decock and it just runs in a double action trigger mode)

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    JMHO but the HK VP trigger is as good as the Walther or Canik without being too light for SHTF , assuming we're talking polymer striker fired .

Top Bottom