• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hi Guys
    I'm new to the forum. I've only posted in the Firearms for Sale. I'd like to get more involved here.

I check the Firearms for Sale often. I notice that I see a lot of use Canik's for sale. I've only seen them at gun shows and I've never handled or shot them. Should I get one on the used market or are they pretty bad since they are priced in the low to mid $300's

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    A bunch of them have been ran through classes where I do most of my training, at Tactical Response in TN. They work. I trusted them enough to buy one for my sister when she moved out, and I can’t really give any gun a higher compliment than that. The downside is it’s hard to find mags, holsters, or any other accessories for them, which I’d say is what accounts for most of the reasons there are so many for sale. Overall, there’s a lot of excellent quality firearms being built in Turkey these days.

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Probably a little biased as I have one posted, But I totally agree with everything said above. I feel like they have consistently improved on the frame over the last several years and you find features on some that you don't find on any other brands in the same range and higher. The METE SFX comes stock with MOS mounting options and a rear sight that is designed for one handed slide manipulation. Things you pay extra for on the likes of Glocks etc...
    They also tend to come with higher cap mags than other brands which doesn't matter to everyone but I found as really nice feature. Just feels like they take the shooters into account when producing their arms.

Kotacam

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son has one and loves it. I’m actually selling off a few hand guns to make some room in the safe for one. I’m looking at either the SFX or elite combat with threaded barrel. Everyone one I know that has one loves it.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I had one a few years ago. It was my first carry optics gun. I had zero issues with it. I only sold it because I came across a great deal on a Walther PPQ. Sold it to a friend’s son who shot several matches with it. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one again.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They ( Canik ) & Walther PPQ have pretty good triggers but too light for SD/CCW . Both would be good range guns , 6" PPQ is a pleasure to shoot . HK VP9 also striker fired with a good trigger & out of the 3 the one that stuck around . It along with a Glock 17 are only 9mms . Being an old fart magnum revolvers & 1911 / 45acp are my mainstays .

Kotacam

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was he talking about the gun weight or trigger pull?

fivepointstar

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A bunch of them have been ran through classes where I do most of my training, at Tactical Response in TN. They work. I trusted them enough to buy one for my sister when she moved out, and I can’t really give any gun a higher compliment than that. The downside is it’s hard to find mags, holsters, or any other accessories for them, which I’d say is what accounts for most of the reasons there are so many for sale. Overall, there’s a lot of excellent quality firearms being built in Turkey these days.
    This is one of my questions I will be asking in the future. What happened that Turkey flooded the market??

fivepointstar

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I may have to look into one after all the postive feedback on these pistols!!!

back to my original question....why suppose there so many for sale on the used market?? I'm assuming the Gen2 are available with the option of optics ready?

Kotacam

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    look at how many glocks are for sale on here, one of the most world wide known builder. There for sale everywhere. People just buy and change their mind, need some cash, who knows… but it’s not because there not good….

fivepointstar

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    look at how many glocks are for sale on here, one of the most world wide known builder. There for sale everywhere. People just buy and change their mind, need some cash, who knows… but it’s not because there not good….
    you're probably right. I just wanted to make sure there's not an issue with them TY!

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Trigger pull weight . 6" PPQ sprung light enough you could shake gun in hand violently & gun would move out of battery . Neither a desirable trait especially in a SHTF situation .
    Also agree about weight of a daily carry , mine is a Glock 30S 45acp .

Karlfucious

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a SF-X and it runs great. No complaints. Wish I would have forked out the extra few bucks for the whiteout model though cause those are going for pretty good money now (One on gun broker right now w/ 21 hrs left and is up to $925).

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    IMHO they are better than Glock. Look in the Holsters of Turkish Air, Ground and Naval Forces. SURPRISE INSIDE!

Top Bottom