• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersid94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have one, and really like the Mcarbo flat face trigger and the trigger guard. They are both aluminum instead of the poly. Also the upgrade trigger spring kit when you replace the trigger makes it feel a lot better when shooting. But like has been said, you can get a lot of money into them. I want to get the taller rear sight yet.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
    6a10428f32ffed00ddfa63af07f4ffa9.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've had a few. My favorite was my first, a Gen1 40 cal. Its catch and release latch hardware for keeping it folded was different than the Gen2, and easier to work with my HD gauntlets. I played with carrying it folded under my arm pit inside my leather jacket, hanging from my shoulder harness. Very handy. The soft armor vest kept it from digging into the ribs. The lack of rails up front meant it didnt catch on things, and even though I never weighed it, I swear the Gen1 was lighter weight because it didnt have rails. The red dot wasn't missed because the Gen1 came with a fiber optic front sight. No batteries, lighter weight, more compact in the arm pit. I wrapped my Sub2000 pistol grips in rubber plumbers tape to help keep the cracks in the grip from pinching when white knuckling it and twisting it in the hand, climbing over things. I kept the muzzle taped shut with electrical tape. No threads, no thread protector, lighter weight, less worries. That Gen1 went thousands of rounds between cleanings and never hiccupped. The next most favorite was my Gen2 that took M9 mags, but only because I had like a hundred M9 mags. I moved on from Sub2000's because there are ergonomically and mechanically better designs, but for the size and weight the Sub2000 is hard to beat

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Hey James.....I'll be following your adventures with the Sub2000. I've had two in the past, a Gen 1 and also a Gen 2. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. They are like a 9mm stick, very ergonomically difficult to shoot well, hard to get a good cheek weld on and they kick kinda hard for a 9mm. You really need to check out the Ruger PC Charger with an added brace. It's a much better design. Anyhoo, I'll be following your progress with this thing. Hope you like it.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I carried mine in a black nylon briefcase case that I got at a FL state pension trustee conference. It fit perfect! The one thing I didn't like about my Gen 1 .40 cal was the cheesy plastic sights. That was a limiting longer range accuracy issue for me. (Inside 25 yds they were fine.) I used inner tube (Ranger bands) as a low tech (redneck) method to secure a small LED flashlight to the fore-end that had no provisions for mounting anything. It worked surprisingly well! Good luck!

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I never had any problems w/my gen 1 feed ramp. Mine fed all ammo reliably as long as I used Glock factory mags. The after market Korean ones I would avoid!

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a machinist friend thread the barrel and I put an AK front sight on it. It still locks open and the front sight stays sighted in

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Saw 6 of them new at buds for $610. Looked at some other stuff, came back 10 mins later they were gone. So people are still after them in a big way.
    Just saw a blurb about a gen 3 on the horizon??

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is the gen 1. Sold the gen 2 40 with the ak front sight

Attachments

• 20210604_181748.jpg
      20210604_181748.jpg
      534 KB · Views: 102
    • 20210604_181724.jpg
      20210604_181724.jpg
      609.4 KB · Views: 99
    • 20210604_181656.jpg
      20210604_181656.jpg
      601.3 KB · Views: 96

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Here is the gen 1. Sold the gen 2 40 with the ak front sight
    I had that same idea, lol. Was just cruising mcarbos site, wooo hoo. All kinds of parts, and all really high too. $34 for a rubber butt pad with holes? I'm just a bit cheap for that. I will get the tube cover unless there's a redneck option.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are some that claim since keltec makes the sub2000 that it is not reliable. It seems you have a good opinion of it. How well does it work unsuppressed?

Keltec's are quite reliable...that's why I've had more of them than I have Ruger's.
    What they do need, since they are Inexpensive Guns, is Final Finishing.
    A little polishing here, a little polishing there...makes 'em slicker than Astroglide.
    The most important thing is to not use Cheap Ammo in 'em...use solid quality
    name brand ammo with an established reputation. Heck, they even run Perfecta
    like it's Winchester White Box...

And since 9mm is scarce, running a 200-250 round breakin is no longer optional.
    So it's handy to get the Laser Bullet and practice with those and Snap Caps to
    get that Smooth Feeling of proper wear-in...or you can simply do the famous,
    "Keltec Fluff & Buff", which also works on every other semi-auto firearm in the world.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keltec's are quite reliable...that's why I've had more of them than I have Ruger's.
    What they do need, since they are Inexpensive Guns, is Final Finishing.
    A little polishing here, a little polishing there...makes 'em slicker than Astroglide.
    The most important thing is to not use Cheap Ammo in 'em...use solid quality
    name brand ammo with an established reputation. Heck, they even run Perfecta
    like it's Winchester White Box...

And since 9mm is scarce, running a 200-250 round breakin is no longer optional.
    So it's handy to get the Laser Bullet and practice with those and Snap Caps to
    get that Smooth Feeling of proper wear-in...or you can simply do the famous,
    "Keltec Fluff & Buff", which also works on every other semi-auto firearm in the world.
    Are saying it is not a good idea to use the cheaper wolf and tula bimetallic 9mm ammo in the ktsub2000?

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are saying it is not a good idea to use the cheaper wolf and tula bimetallic 9mm ammo in the ktsub2000?

It's more of a "Might get a click instead of a boom with cheap ammo..."
    especially if its cheap gonzo reloads from certain reloaders...

Wolf tends to go BANG, with zero issues.
    Tula I've not played with much.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Saw 6 of them new at buds for $610. Looked at some other stuff, came back 10 mins later they were gone. So people are still after them in a big way.
    Just saw a blurb about a gen 3 on the horizon??
    I would not sell mine for that and if a gen 3 came out they will be like the p17. Overpriced.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It's more of a "Might get a click instead of a boom with cheap ammo..."
    especially if its cheap gonzo reloads from certain reloaders...

Wolf tends to go BANG, with zero issues.
    Tula I've not played with much.
    I think the tul and the wolf are from the same plant. Located in the town of non- corrosive, Russia. Mine will get a diet of everything, lol.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom