Patriot Mobile

Kicked by a Horse, is there a Doc in the House?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Around 1973 I was treated for two months at Tripler Army Hospital in Hawaii for a service connected spinal cord injury. I was in the Navy then but that is where they sent me. I came out OK but the doctor said that when I got older some paralysis may return and it has this past year. I applied for benefits hoping they can restore feeling in my left hand because at work I can't feel what I am gripping. After 3 months they sent me a letter denying me benefits. They said basically (because of a 2003 decision) that I make too much money. This made me scratch my head since my wife and my combined income has never exceeded $50K a year. The VA seem to have the same method as other government agencies; Discourage by applying multiple layers of red tape.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just my advice is to apply as many times as it takes and talk to a real person if you can get past the first one.Have your dd214 in hand when you go and get a rep. They can do more for you than you ever know. when you do get approved keep in touch with your rep and let him know what is going.I THINK they have to give you a rep no matter what happens. For the ones that have been turned down did they give you a reason. I thought they would pull all of my teeth for me but my Dr said they wouldn't pay for it unless it was service conected so I didn't look into it any farther because I didn't think it was.BUT my brouther knows how to work the system and they pulled his and gave him a new set of teeth.Its just knowing how to work the system. I know they will have someone to help you with the system...A good way to find out about things is to hang out at the smoking aera outside the building and talk to the guys there and you can bet if you talk to a few there will be someone there that knows how the system works.Don't listen to the ones that might be bitching ,listen to the ones that are grateful for the care. Might be best to go to a larger hospital and not a clinic to listen to people because I would think there would be more people to talk to.Just a thought. If it is bothering you enough keep trying and find out why you were turned down and fight it. Once you are in you are in,and it is worth the fight.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Every Clinic has a Rep that represents us through a Service organization, I suggest all vets start with them for the paperwork, they will do it all and know how to get things done. They work for you not the VA. Keep repeating and adding things to the file.

Top Bottom