Patriot Mobile

Kicked by a Horse, is there a Doc in the House?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK, I was kicked by a horse through my sock about 4" above the ankle, the 2" abrasion is healing ok. A week ago today and my shin still hurts, not hurting walking but when I rest. Most of the swelling has gone down, no heat sore to touch 2" around impact point, nothing seems loose. I would have to go to the VA emergency room in Gulfport to get an xray. I know it is not broken but a fracture is possible, how would I treat it with no cast?

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, I was kicked by a horse through my sock about 4" above the ankle, the 2" abrasion is healing ok. A week ago today and my shin still hurts, not hurting walking but when I rest. Most of the swelling has gone down, no heat sore to touch 2" around impact point, nothing seems loose. I would have to go to the VA emergency room in Gulfport to get an xray. I know it is not broken but a fracture is possible, how would I treat it with no cast?
    "Broken" and "fracture" are the same thing.

You don't need to go all the way to MS. You can get an x-ray through the VA clinic at Eglin. Any studies they can't do, they just send over to the Eglin AFB hospital.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OH really? Did not know they had a machine, will call them Friday as that is my clinic, thanks..just want to verify it is ok before too long, I think it is OK but nice to check.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aw heck buddy tape it to the other leg. It'll straighten out.

:llama::crutch:

Haha jk bone injuries suck and hurt a lot longer than meat injuries. Hope it ain't broke. You'll be down during the riots lol

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just wondering why you missed the opportunity to say this injury came from the 500# wild hog that you were tangling with on foot -- rather than getting stomped by a little pony... :wink:

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yes a miniature horse, but damn it hurt!
    Frank was having trouble posting the pic, so he asked me to show the horse that hurt him.

Rainbow-Dash-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-20416585-555-375.jpg

Attachments

• Rainbow-Dash-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-20416585-555-375.jpg
      Rainbow-Dash-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-20416585-555-375.jpg
      20 KB · Views: 216

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL Doc.

Frank, when I was a kid we had a stallion miniature horse and that was the meanest SOB that I have ever run across. Kick and bite at any opportunity.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Funny, guys, real funny...what happens if I just let it heal on its own?

Am I the only guy who goes in for a colonoscopy consult, has an EKG and they tell me the clinic cannot do it my laying down heart rate was 42 have to go get other tests and have it done in a hosp? I told them it was just my BP meds!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend of mine had miniature horses and yep, mean, cagey little bastards. Never got kicked but got bit a few times.

Last edited:

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two issues as I see it Frank.....

1- you didn't wear the hip waders

2- miniature horse isn't a goat

And someone wasn't practicing safe sex. They should have marked the kickers and biters!!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah I was petting the mare and a min donkey at the same time, the mare got jealous and tagged me, I said some bad words, it hurt! Wish I had my snake boots on at the time damn it!

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Horses can be dangerous. I was riding last week and a stirrup broke. I started sliding sideways out of the saddle holding on for dear life. I was yelling "Whoa,Whoa" but the horse would'nt stop! People were laughing at me and I was getting scared that I would slide all the way off and get injured. Just in the nick of time the K-mart manager came out and unplugged it.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Horses can be dangerous. I was riding last week and a stirrup broke. I started sliding sideways out of the saddle holding on for dear life. I was yelling "Whoa,Whoa" but the horse would'nt stop! People were laughing at me and I was getting scared that I would slide all the way off and get injured. Just in the nick of time the K-mart manager came out and unplugged it.

A professional rider can hang on till the quarter runs out.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the pretty ones cant be rushed :]

growing up I had my grand fathers mule to ride and went all over with my friends who had Shetland ponies , Mules ride smother than horses and he was just as fast.

check this guy out in todays paper
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/05/after-having-sex-with-same-horse-again-man-pleads-guilty/
    one blogger says =It is simply a lifestyle choice. He was born this way. Everyone who does not vocally support him are a bunch of racist bigots who want to bring back slavery and impose a religious theocracy by denying this poor oppressed soul his right to love whoever he wants.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK, VA results:
    Xray ordered but cannot be done til Wed...LOL
    oral anti biotics, cream dispensed, crutches fitted til xray...I am shooting for the new Track wheel chair. That is all I got folks

There is no xray machine at the Eglin VA, they use the Eglin Hosp and it is closed till Mon, first available appt for non active duty military is Wed...thank God it is not an emergency. Still no contact from 3 weeks ago from my Doc regarding the low heart rate, I may go to sleep and die before the xray...LOL

Top Bottom