• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Got home too late to grill so cooked steak, cheese brats, and tomato and onion skewers on the stove. Tomatoes were really good (we grew them).
    B82F331D-DA77-427D-81A4-A0EC661B3F4B.jpeg

M60Gunner

Master
    Been perfecting a personal, simple pork recipe for a bit. Turned out very nice this morning. Added some skinny sausage links which elevated it imho. I start with a fat red onion cut into half moons placed on the bottom of the crock pot. Take a butt or shoulder roast, slice the top in a simple tic tac toe grid and then place it on top of the onions. Pour some honey bourbon or whiskey over the meat, then add my spices. Finish by laying pepper bacon over the top. Crock pot on high, this one for about 9 hours. Once it’s cooked I cut it all up together, added two big cans of Bush maple and onion beans, cut up my precooked sausage links and added them. Crock pot is super hot so I put it low for 30 min then cut it off and let it sit for another 30. Served with Honeycrisp apple slices on the side. Tar Heel approved.

354CFF35-70F4-45F1-BC16-B1448CC4E6C0.jpeg

RackinRay

Master
    We had picked up some 1/4 lb burgers at Publix a while back. Wife said she felt like a cheeseburger, but wanted it to taste "rich". So I made cheeseburgers on Texas Garlic Toast. She made a side salad, and it was all good. So good, no pics. Maybe next time! LOL

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Had oldest son and his family here for a week. Ate real well, out for seafood at least twice. They left this morning

Had ribeye steaks on the grill the other night. Wife and I ate leftovers today. Good steaks, and I am getting into the A1 sauce my son has always liked. Taste do change.

20240810_152117.jpg

capt.joe

Master
    I wanted some soup this evening. I made zuppa Toscana, and added some yuca. I love yuca!

Attachments

• IMG_20240815_173310974.jpg
      IMG_20240815_173310974.jpg
      2.6 MB · Views: 17

capt.joe

Master
    Cut up a London broil for jerky. Used a mesquite cure and instead of water, I used a michelada. Going in the dehydrator in the AM.

Top Bottom