• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gendoc

Master
    naw, I was think'n maybe fresh gulf tuna...... I didn't mean nothing twisted

RackinRay

Master
    Chili for dinner last night. Made with bison and burger mix, two kinds of chili powder, green chilies for taste, and red chili flakes to wake up the taste buds on a cold day!
    20140128_135353 (800x600).jpg

Scrambled eggs and chili for breakfast make a nice hot spicy meal to start another cold day with.
    20140129_082615 (800x600).jpg

Attachments

• 20140128_135353 (800x600).jpg
      20140128_135353 (800x600).jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 206
    • 20140129_082615 (800x600).jpg
      20140129_082615 (800x600).jpg
      71.9 KB · Views: 147

Aaronious45

Master
    Unless my wif is playing a cruel joke, I'll have my favorite tonight, ritz chicken casserole; pictures to come

Aaronious45

Master
    No poppy seeds, the crackers are baked on top with a solid pound of butter melted on top. I have been known to eat the whole thing by myself

CCHGN

Banned
    Chili for dinner last night. Made with bison and burger mix, two kinds of chili powder, green chilies for taste, and red chili flakes to wake up the taste buds on a cold day!
    View attachment 15424

Wow, that chili looks exactly like my wife's chili (I never had put corn in mine)........Cumin is the key thing that says "Chili", imo.

Aaronious45

Master
    Yikes. I feel my arteries clogging up just thinking about that.

I may be exaggerating but my mouth really is watering thinking about it

Update**: she didn't have ritz crackers so she used onion toppers which are fine by me
    bypevahy.jpg

I just dumped it in the plate lol

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Wow, that chili looks exactly like my wife's chili (I never had put corn in mine)........Cumin is the key thing that says "Chili", imo.

First time I ever put corn in it, and I think I like it that way. The leftover chili (only 2 of us) I am going to use to make a casserole a co-worker suggested; Cornbread Chili Casserole. I am going to lace the cornbread with jalapenos to add another layer to it!

dirtysouth

Marksman
    First time I ever put corn in it, and I think I like it that way. The leftover chili (only 2 of us) I am going to use to make a casserole a co-worker suggested; Cornbread Chili Casserole. I am going to lace the cornbread with jalapenos to add another layer to it!

Cornbread Chili sounds pretty awesome!

Dan1612

Master
    Looks good. What's in it?
    Thanks!
    I've made the sauce from scratch before but don't anymore, it's 90% as good, and much faster.
    In no kind of order:
    Green curry sauce, green curry paste, coconut milk, bamboo shoots, fish sauce, lime zest, lemongrass, eggplant, multi colored bell peppers, crushed red pepper, chicken, basil. Over rice.

CCHGN

Banned
    Thanks!
    I've made the sauce from scratch before but don't anymore, it's 90% as good, and much faster.
    In no kind of order:
    Green curry sauce, green curry paste, coconut milk, bamboo shoots, fish sauce, lime zest, lemongrass, eggplant, multi colored bell peppers, crushed red pepper, chicken, basil. Over rice.

yummy,,,,,I love Thai, too.

The wife grows her own herbs, so we had grilled Sea Bass with fresh Thyme, sautéed baby Portobello shrooms and yellow squash in a white wine and steamed broccoli.

Dan1612

Master
    Haha. I gotta be honest, it looks way better than it sounds. I can't do coconut :)

That's too bad, the coconut milk is the base for the sauce. Gives it sweetness to balance the spice and yields a creamy, savory sauce. My favorite part is the eggplant. I LOVE eggplant, made it Parmigiana last week in GA.

I think it all tastes better than it looks, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom