It appears that a mega donor for Ron DeSantis is representing Michael Bloomberg's Everytown for Gun Safety and lobbying against Constitutional Carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhymn001

Shooter
    Something not right going on with DeSantis and I'm a Florida residence and I'm a fan but it has come to my attention that he has hired the attorney that represents Dominion the bogus voting machines that are suing and also fighting in court against the Mike lindell initiative to get these machine sidelined before the next election or the crap will just keep happening stealing the elections.
    The left will do anything, say anything to malign good candidates. Accusing conservative candidates of leftist tactics, without proof, is easy, but only the foolish or malignant will believe it,

rhymn001

Shooter
    I read somewhere that Trump stated that if he didn't get the GOP nomination, he'd run as an independent. If that happens, it guarantees 4 more years of Democrat presidency. Honestly, if Trump does get the nomination, it probably still means 4 more years of a democrat president. I just think at this point, the man is unelectable, but will have enough votes to strip a win from DeSantis or Nikki Haley or whoever else is there.
    Nikki Haley??? She sold out the conservatives in her state before she went national. Another budding politician willing to sell out patriots and the American ethic, aka RINO.

lil'skeet

Master
    Nikki Haley??? She sold out the conservatives in her state before she went national. Another budding politician willing to sell out patriots and the American ethic, aka RINO.
    Yeah, I still don't know why these politicians are not elected "under contract" to their voters i.e. (we the people). You know, the ones that actually own and run this country and it's representatives. Everything else is bound by a contract. Breach the contract, suffer the consequences, which would more likely be lying under oath, punishable by death. Then all of your assets will be evenly distributed to the people that voted for you. Let's call it "reparations".
    It would be a massive graveyard I bet, but "no pain, no gain".

lil'skeet

Master
    Hell I'm still mad that George Floyd was killed by white cops for applying for a job and a white-owned store.

.22 cents

Master
    1676131825750.png

Trump and Desantis are both part of Zionist Organization of America (ZOA). Their loyalty is not with you. They're like sheep dogs. All politicians are puppets.

Not surprising. I just e-mailed DeSantis (text below), telling him that this issue is a deal-breaker for me. Of course, I didn't donate a million bucks to his campaign, so...

Gov. DeSantis,

I hate to become a single-issue voter, but if there was ever an instance where it was warranted, in my opinion, this is it. I understand that there is a lot on your plate, and many people have other priorities, but this issue is so indicative of our general situation re: our Rights under the Constitution. If "Free Florida" places them as far in the back of the bus as is currently done ONLY in Illinois and New York... the only other states with an outright ban on open carry... how "free" are we?

There are only two possibilities: Either you are unaware of what is about to transpire, or you are in on it. HB 543, as it stands, is a farce, a bait-and-switch, and a waste of ink and paper. Like many, I am highly disillusioned with our political process, and if this is what we've waited and fought all this time for, I'm done with voting for you going forward... not that you would be the first.

It makes no sense to ban open-carry, while allowing concealed carry without a permit. This is upside-down and backwards, as is so much in our political landscape today. Concealed carry is a form of subterfuge, and thus is more worthy of restriction than open carry. With open carry, the carrier's status is clear for all to see, whereas with concealed carry, everyone is in the dark. Why is subterfuge encouraged, while openness is not only discouraged, but banned?

I can only believe that this is nothing more than an attempt to assuage the "sensibilities" of a constituency that is the most un-sensible in history, and thus an exercise in futility. You will lose this voter if you sign this, thereby locking us into this charade certainly for my lifetime, and I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one.

Imagine that we are told that we have "freedom of speech", as long as no one can hear us talk. This is the perfect analogy. If this Bill passes without a provision to allow open-carry, Florida will have acknowledged our Right to keep and bear arms, "as long as it is a two-finger pistol that can be hidden in our panties", i.e., one that no one can see.

Open carry is not ideal in every scenario, but it is preferable in many. Imagine you are a farmer in the middle of nowhere. If you have to use a public road to move from one field to another, you would need to conceal your carried firearm to legally do so. Ever tried keeping a firearm shoved inside your pants while spending a 95-degree day seated on a tractor? Just one example.

Please do your best to rectify this "oversight", or whatever it is. If we don't end up with true Constitutional Carry, then we will have all the proof we need that a "Republican super-majority" means nothing, and that voting has become just another example of insanity.

Sincerely,

Dusty Dog
    GCGF : )
    Here is what I sent him the other day.

Gov. DeSantis, I am wholeheartedly pleased that you support Constitutional Carry for the State of Florida. This legislation should have been passed a long time ago. It is, however, missing a vital part and that is the Open Carry provision. Without this provision, it is merely a relaxed Concealed Carry bill. To be a true Constitutional Carry bill, it needs to encompass every aspect of carrying. It is good that Concealed Weapons Licenses will still be available for those wishing to have them for firearm purchases to eliminate the 3 day waiting period, but there should be a minimal cost for these, especially for renewals.

I urge you to have an Open Carry provision added as an amendment to the Constitutional Carry bill. This provision should require the firearm to be holstered and not just stuck in a waistband. I have had a Concealed Weapons License for several years and it has not always been conducive or comfortable to carry concealed due to the Florida weather.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Here is what I sent him the other day.

Gov. DeSantis, I am wholeheartedly pleased that you support Constitutional Carry for the State of Florida. This legislation should have been passed a long time ago. It is, however, missing a vital part and that is the Open Carry provision. Without this provision, it is merely a relaxed Concealed Carry bill. To be a true Constitutional Carry bill, it needs to encompass every aspect of carrying. It is good that Concealed Weapons Licenses will still be available for those wishing to have them for firearm purchases to eliminate the 3 day waiting period, but there should be a minimal cost for these, especially for renewals.

I urge you to have an Open Carry provision added as an amendment to the Constitutional Carry bill. This provision should require the firearm to be holstered and not just stuck in a waistband. I have had a Concealed Weapons License for several years and it has not always been conducive or comfortable to carry concealed due to the Florida weather.

Do other states have restrictions like that? Honest question.

Meaning: for Constitutional Open Carry, the caveats are.... holster? A certain level of retention, too? What about long guns? Sling required? Scabbard? Trigger must be covered, whether pistol or rifle or shotty or “other”?
    Muzzle pointed within x-number degrees of “down”? Can you carry it in your hands, or is that considered some kind of threatening posture? Etc.

Once you put requirements, the Lawyers-vs-Patriots games will begin. Why we had pistol braces and pinned&welded muzzle devices...

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Do other states have restrictions like that? Honest question.

Meaning: for Constitutional Open Carry, the caveats are.... holster? A certain level of retention, too? What about long guns? Sling required? Scabbard? Trigger must be covered, whether pistol or rifle or shotty or “other”?
    Muzzle pointed within x-number degrees of “down”? Can you carry it in your hands, or is that considered some kind of threatening posture? Etc.

Once you put requirements, the Lawyers-vs-Patriots games will begin. Why we had pistol braces and pinned&welded muzzle devices...
    Many states have always allowed open carry. Florida banned it.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Yeah, open carry being permitless and concealed requiring a permit.

Got that already.

I’m just genuinely curious from people who may have already dug into “Constitutional Carry” laws from existing states: what, if any, restrictions are there?

For example, is a holster required for a pistol, or is a sling required for a long gun? Are you considered menacing or brandishing if you hold it in your hands?

FrommerStop

Master
    I just happened upon this thread in my email and this has been like the Indian proverb of the elephant and the blind men seeking to know what is the elephant. Each touches a part and what he is describing is very true, but he still does not know what the whole elephant is. Whether there is this huge antigun contributor to DeSantis' campaign I have not checked it out.
    But one part of the political elephant in this country is very big money going after the second amendment. A seemingly left wing agenda in the form of bread and circuses by a group of people that get richer while those that actually pay taxes lose financially each year.
    The super rich take their cut and then the bread part comes out of the treasury department and not paid by taxes. We have in the last year sent 100 billion down the drain to Ukraine and I believe that some people here and in Ukraine are getting their cut of it. Another leg of the elephant for sure. The world wide and domestic price of natural gas for home heating goes way up and the tax payers pay this out of their pockets. one hand giveth the other taketh away.
    What Eisenhower called the military industrial complex artificially splits the public into what some consider left and conservative. A populist Maga movement was a bit out of their control. Trump could not be bought by those that run the country. He is a lose cannon that wanted to be president with no strings attached, but since he is still alive, it shows that those pulling the strings are not exactly omnipotent, but he is no longer president.
    Here I as another blind man think I know another leg or truth of the elephant in that all of this pushing of a left wing agenda and entitlement sometime for the bottom tier of society is part of a disinformation project to completely wreck the intent of the constitution. 'All warfare is based on deception': Sun Tzu. The second amendment is their initial target.
    i listened to the POTUS and speech and he promised that the rich would pay their 'fair share' of taxes. OK lol and sad because I think many actually believe him, but then people voted for another man that said: 'read my lips, no new taxes.' This was the evil man whose drug czar william bennett started the Ban the assault Rifle frenzy. Of course this president was a conservative and former head of the CIA.

It is what it is and blind men, even with the best intentions often do not make good decisions.
    Getting back to open carry. First thing is that I have not read the bill's details, but open carry certainly seems to come under the right to bear arms and so is protected.

IronBeard

Master
    The only question that needs to be answered, IMO, is why do "elected representatives" refuse to allow those who "elected" them to acquire and use any object they desire?

Up front; if an answer cannot be provided in 1-3 intelligent/easily understandable sentences, it's, BS, not an answer.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    The only question that needs to be answered, IMO, is why do "elected representatives" refuse to allow those who "elected" them to acquire and use any object they desire?

Up front; if an answer cannot be provided in 1-3 intelligent/easily understandablr sentences, it's, BS, not an answer.
    How about three words:
    CONTROL the Sheeple

.22 cents

Master

Up front; if an answer cannot be provided in 1-3 intelligent/easily understandablr sentences, it's, BS, not an answer.
    Because an election is an illusion of choice over two cheeks of the same ass. Freedom comes from self determination, not allowance. Unfortunately the common man is brainwashed into a system of disempowerment with a simple ballot.

.22 cents

Master

IronBeard

Master
    How about three words:
    CONTROL the Sheeple
    Based on my experiences up to this point, can't say you're wrong. Begs the next question. Why must they strive to control rather than represent, as they were "elected" to do?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom